ImageImageImageImageImage

Exhibition: Knicks vs Macabbi Tel Aviv at 1 PM

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Re: Exhibition: Knicks vs Macabbi Tel Aviv at 1 PM 

Post#301 » by moocow007 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:07 pm

BelieveTheDream wrote:soo how did douglas and hill look more so hill? saw he had decent numbers

Hill looked terrific. I think it's his best preseason game so far. Extremely active off the boards and intimidating in the post. You could see the Tel Aviv team hesistate on their drives when Hill was in there. His athleticism was absolutely superb. And looks like his body is adding bulk (compared to when he was drafted). If he can play with this type of intensity and maybe add a bit of nastiness to it he could be a solid force in the NBA. Physically in terms of size, potential for bulk, athleticism I think he can be elite.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#302 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:07 pm

BelieveTheDream wrote:soo how did douglas and hill look more so hill? saw he had decent numbers

Hill looked good to close. Still rushing. And thats to be expected. Its almost like his motor is spinning in his head. He is thinking put back before the rebound is secure. Thinking shot before the pass. That might explain my concern with his hands. He is a rook. But I can say that today I saw something. When he gets comfortable I think he can have a young K-Mart type impact. Just running and hustling causing trouble up front. He had the nice jumper today also.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
legoli
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#303 » by legoli » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm

Don't mean to be too pessimistic but I thought this was a terrible game to watch. Our offense looks real bad and our defense not better than average IMO. Although I won't be giving up and cheering for them no matter what I found this game hardly encouraging.

The only good thing is that Hughes is playing his way out of the rotation.
legoli
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#304 » by legoli » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Yeah Hill was the only real positive tonight. Looked very active, hit a couple of nice looking hook shots,a nice midrange shot,had a nice dunk and altered some drives....8points/6rebounds and it seemed like he gets his hands on a lot of offensive rebounds.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#305 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:15 pm

There was 2 plays in closing where I was screaming "LOB IT UP". The only thing between hill and the cup was paint. And he can get up.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#306 » by moocow007 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:17 pm

legoli wrote:Don't mean to be too pessimistic but I thought this was a terrible game to watch. Our offense looks real bad and our defense not better than average IMO. Although I won't be giving up and cheering for them no matter what I found this game hardly encouraging.

The only good thing is that Hughes is playing his way out of the rotation.

Hard to compare considering that Maccabi is really not an NBA caliber team. Offensively early on, like in the Nets game, they were completely out of whack. Still jacking up too much rushed long range shots. But as the game went on their offense was actually flowing quite nicely. And it happened to be when they stopped rushing 3's and instead RAN, RAN and RAN some more. Basically what I said that they have to do in order for them to be able to win games (they just don't have the pure shooters to make it a "chuck 30 3's a game and hope for the best" roster).

Nate Robinson was once again the catalyst IMHO of their offense when it started to make it's push. Tel Aviv had no answer for him and it does look like Robinson, while still chatty and a complaining about no calls too much, is more and more learning how to reign in some of that energy so it's not just a Nate against the other team sort of thing.

Defensively the Knicks were extremely aggressive and sharp. I believe they had around 13 steals this game and they crashed the boards and did extremely well boxing out and being aware of where their man was (with only a few open baskets allowed).

Again...hard to tell because of the level of the competition, but if they don't get intimidated when they play real NBA teams and can continue to play this style of ball they should do well. Maybe not .500 ball or the playoffs but definitely better than in years past.

One step at a time.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#307 » by moocow007 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:18 pm

kane2021 wrote:There was 2 plays in closing where I was screaming "LOB IT UP". The only thing between hill and the cup was paint. And he can get up.

Yeah...but that's what you get when you have the guys fighting for the final couple of roster spots in there who basically were just looking to score rather than pass.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#308 » by Paeds » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 pm

I have the game on right now..Whoo Hoo!

Return to New York Knicks