ImageImageImageImageImage

OT/Bosh's career over?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,471
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: OT/Bosh's career over? 

Post#41 » by BKlutch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:22 pm

rammagen wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Live long, hang it up, plus it screws Miami, which is great.

Actually, it UN-screws Miami, and if Bosch is not truly in danger from his clots, this could be a Pat Riley plot. Here's why.

If Bosch plays more than 8 games this season, his salary is on the Heat's salary cap through the 2017-18 season. If he stops playing, insurance covers his salary. So this could be legitimate concern about his health, or this could be a calculated gamble to clear cap space.

I agree notice his doctors cleared him never mind there is a hockey player playing on blood thinners which has more contact again? Miami's doctors failed he will go to the league if he wants to play and get cleared. Part of this is Pat the rat playing games and trying to distance the team from bad contracts.
http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/09/20/would-heat-all-star-chris-bosh-be-able-to-play-on-blood-thinners-this-season/

The problem is that nobody really trusts Pat the Rat, right? But we have no ideas what the doctors found and what they wrote in their report. I don't want Bosch to die from this, but if he's healthy enough and wants to play, I'd like to see that happen. Bosch is a good guy who was underrated when he deferred to Wade and James to help win those rings.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#42 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:43 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
Sark wrote:Sad story. At least he got 2 rings and a lot of money.

GOAT 3rd option?

Klay will be that. Can't ever remember a player on Klay's level as a third option in my lifetime.

James Worthy might be close.

Terrible news about Bosh. Most of all, I hope he's able to live a good long life from here on out. Even without the league, this sounds like a huge risk.

Worthy is a little before my time.

I hope bosh hangs em up. He has had a great career and blood clots are nothing to play around with. I certainly understand players wanting to go out on their terms, though.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#43 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
Sark wrote:Sad story. At least he got 2 rings and a lot of money.

GOAT 3rd option?

Klay will be that. Can't ever remember a player on Klay's level as a third option in my lifetime.

Terrible news about Bosh. Most of all, I hope he's able to live a good long life from here on out. Even without the league, this sounds like a huge risk.

Let's allow Klay to speak on this.....

"I look at a guy like Manu Ginobili who came off the bench almost his entire career," Thompson told ESPN.com. "Never averaged more than 20 points a game, but he's a four-time champion, you know? He could have easily been on another team and averaged 25 a game, but he sacrificed to win, and that's what I expect to do next year. I don't care about averaging 25 or even 20. I just want to finish it out and get back to the Finals and enjoy that ride."

8 straight years of being above 20 in PER.

Even James Harden for a short period, Celtics Ray Allen. Tbh I could probably pick a current third from GS prior to Durant's arrive in Draymond Green.. I do think Klay will be a terrific third option, but there's guys who've actually done it....not predictions, they did it already, with Manu being the greatest in that category.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#44 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Sark wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:

You guys are all forgetting how good Bosh was when he was in Toronto. He was a 24/11/2 with a 25 PER, franchise player.

That is a really high PER. Ill give him that. Those toronto teams were not very good. GSW on the other hand, historically good. I will say Klay is the better defender at their respective positions and will go down as on of the best shooters of all time if he avoids the injury bug.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,046

Post#45 » by Sark » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:17 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
Sark wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

You guys are all forgetting how good Bosh was when he was in Toronto. He was a 24/11/2 with a 25 PER, franchise player.

That is a really high PER. Ill give him that. Those toronto teams were not very good. GSW on the other hand, historically good. I will say Klay is the better defender at their respective positions and will go down as on of the best shooters of all time if he avoids the injury bug.

His PG was Jose Calderon, and Barfs was on the team too.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,424

Post#46 » by NYKat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:52 pm

I respect and wish well for Bosh.

But I hope theres a ton of bad karma for Pat Riley and the Heat. Pat is a snake and I hope that franchise suffers.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,210

Post#47 » by M2J » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:46 pm

He probably wants to keep trying so that he can keep getting paid. If he retires, they don't pay him right?

Their insurance will take care of it.
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#48 » by el13adnino » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:12 pm

M2J wrote:He probably wants to keep trying so that he can keep getting paid. If he retires, they don't pay him right?

did u just ask and answer your own question without knowing?
:crazy:
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#49 » by rammagen » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:34 pm

BKlutch wrote:
rammagen wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Actually, it UN-screws Miami, and if Bosch is not truly in danger from his clots, this could be a Pat Riley plot. Here's why.

If Bosch plays more than 8 games this season, his salary is on the Heat's salary cap through the 2017-18 season. If he stops playing, insurance covers his salary. So this could be legitimate concern about his health, or this could be a calculated gamble to clear cap space.

I agree notice his doctors cleared him never mind there is a hockey player playing on blood thinners which has more contact again? Miami's doctors failed he will go to the league if he wants to play and get cleared. Part of this is Pat the rat playing games and trying to distance the team from bad contracts.
http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/09/20/would-heat-all-star-chris-bosh-be-able-to-play-on-blood-thinners-this-season/

The problem is that nobody really trusts Pat the Rat, right? But we have no ideas what the doctors found and what they wrote in their report. I don't want Bosch to die from this, but if he's healthy enough and wants to play, I'd like to see that happen. Bosch is a good guy who was underrated when he deferred to Wade and James to help win those rings.

Here is the catch this is beyond trusting Pat. There are already players playing in more violent sport on these types of medications. he is not the first player to try this, maybe the first basketball player but not the first athlete.
Now I know no-one knows why he failed the physical as it has not been released but I am willing to bet is it is because of the meds or the fear of a clot.
This is going to go to the Players union and they will find doctors that will clear him and it may end of going to court. pat may appear to be taking the high road but with the way he drove wade out of town and now knows he is tuck with an aging paid star that has a preexisting condition he want out of that contract the same way in one or two yrs he will want out of the centers contract when he realizes he is a one trick pony you can't play late in games and is injury prone.

I am pro player on this in two counts one is crews the heat and secondly ru paul is right
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
LameDuck
Senior
And1: 111

Post#50 » by LameDuck » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:08 pm

If he gets released and wants to keep playing he'll look good in a Knicks jersey.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,367

Post#51 » by kane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:44 pm

it does sound like he wants to keep playing and pat is trying to force retirement on him...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#52 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:38 pm

A player wouldn't normally allow an illness to hold them back on their career as they all want to retire on their own terms, so I do expect Bosh to pursue to chance to continue to play.

I'm not on this notion that Riley is being some snake trying to get out of his contract either. Bosh has missed quite a bit of time and probably will miss more. Just like there are doctors that will not clear him, there are others that will. A lot of it is predictability, professional guessing. There are no guarantees.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,671

Post#53 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:03 pm

He should let MIA out of that deal and come here...or more realistically...go to GS for pennies.
:beer: RIP mags
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#54 » by drekwins » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:10 pm

I'd take him on our team for home games only. I believe that the big risks for a person on permanent blood thinners (due to multiple blood clots) is contact and long travel. Compared to other activities, basketball is much less physical. If travel is a concern, Bosh is good enough for a team to accommodate him with only home games or home + short travel games. The Knicks would be ideal with so many teams within close proximity.
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#55 » by NY2TheBay » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Love this^^
NY2TheBay
General Manager

Post#56 » by NY2TheBay » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Sark wrote:His PG was Jose Calderon, and Barfs was on the team too.

Didnt want to go OT here but I think what Klay did in last years playoffs say everything when comparing these guys. On the road, in a hostile environment, game 6, and closeout game for OKC.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SPjJ197oKE[/youtube]
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,600

Post#57 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Good signing by Riley
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,210

Post#58 » by M2J » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:51 am

el13adnino wrote:
M2J wrote:He probably wants to keep trying so that he can keep getting paid. If he retires, they don't pay him right?

did u just ask and answer your own question without knowing?

Not really. I really mean, I think he can count against the cap still, but does he actually get paid to retire? I wouldn't think.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#59 » by MrProb » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:15 am

Great career, great player, never have any issue outside the court and kind of a funny guy.

Not to mention he's a lock in HoF.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#60 » by TheBigBoss » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 am

NYKat wrote:I respect and wish well for Bosh.

But I hope theres a ton of bad karma for Pat Riley and the Heat. Pat is a snake and I hope that franchise suffers.

I hope they become the new Knicks and don't win a championship for atleast another 40 years

Return to New York Knicks