ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NBA 2k20

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Re: OT: NBA 2k20 

Post#41 » by DowNY » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:41 am

ITGM wrote:
DowNY wrote:The demo was more of a beta. There’s a lot of changes happening by launch day.
- More pie charts and possibly pie chart customization.
- Stamina boost but also, no more spamming R2/RT. Turbo is literally used as a boost this year, not something to just continuously hold while moving and dribbling.
- no auto positioning on defense. You gotta do it yourself
- SFs might get a buff for MyPlayer
- can hit overall 99 in a week (online players)
- dribbling harder. No spamming into animations. Gotta learn your combos
- can respec your myplayer and not have to worry about building a bunch and spending vc

:falloff:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,465

Post#42 » by DaGawd » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:45 am

RJ Barrett is pretty damn nice out the box on this game
BaF
Washington Wizards
obispo
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#43 » by obispo » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:52 am

Will a downloadable 2k20 roster be released for 2k18. Some players uploaded 2k19 roster last year. If yes I don't have a reason to buy it. As Lots of offline players like me.

MI 6 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#44 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 6, 2019 11:43 am

UcanUwill wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Every year I cop this and play it once and stop. Same old game. Then again I haven’t even played Red read all out so maybe I’m just not a gamer anymore.

I played a bit of Red dead but wasnt hooked. I think rockstar formula is getting outdated, they just dont inovate at all, i used to be obsessed with their games back in the day, I played vice city 24/7, but its 2019 now, i am not impressed with just open world anymore. i really wanted some rpg mechanics in that game,branching pats, etc. but instead its just riding your horse from point a to point b, engage shooting, do exactly thats scripted for you to do, rinse and repeat. Story can carry you just so much when your game mechanics are exactly the same as your games from 2001 or smth. i think red dead is overhyped, right now I play Horizon zero dawn, like that game much better.

I played red dead for a bit but just way too demanding of my time and I dropped it. Same reason I dropped Assassins creed odyssey over half way through. I realize now I’m at a point in my life where I can only play games that require very little time investment and don’t have a big learning curve.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,307

Post#45 » by UcanUwill » Fri Sep 6, 2019 11:48 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Every year I cop this and play it once and stop. Same old game. Then again I haven’t even played Red read all out so maybe I’m just not a gamer anymore.

I played a bit of Red dead but wasnt hooked. I think rockstar formula is getting outdated, they just dont inovate at all, i used to be obsessed with their games back in the day, I played vice city 24/7, but its 2019 now, i am not impressed with just open world anymore. i really wanted some rpg mechanics in that game,branching pats, etc. but instead its just riding your horse from point a to point b, engage shooting, do exactly thats scripted for you to do, rinse and repeat. Story can carry you just so much when your game mechanics are exactly the same as your games from 2001 or smth. i think red dead is overhyped, right now I play Horizon zero dawn, like that game much better.

I played red dead for a bit but just way too demanding of my time and I dropped it. Same reason I dropped Assassins creed odyssey over half way through. I realize now I’m at a point in my life where I can only play games that require very little time investment and don’t have a big learning curve.

For me, I developed some kind of obsessive compulsive thingy, where I just do same familiar things and am afraid of trying something new. I also have depression and that makes me very apathetic, I usually force to play new game because I like the idea of playing and beating it more than I actually enjoy playing it, I try to fool myself I have a good time, but I rarely find joy nowadays. Just picked up first 3 Uncharted games, we will see if I get to play them anytime soon.
EL CABRITO
Starter
And1: 133

Post#46 » by EL CABRITO » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:31 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

For me, I developed some kind of obsessive compulsive thingy, where I just do same familiar things and am afraid of trying something new. I also have depression and that makes me very apathetic, I usually force to play new game because I like the idea of playing and beating it more than I actually enjoy playing it, I try to fool myself I have a good time, but I rarely find joy nowadays. Just picked up first 3 Uncharted games, we will see if I get to play them anytime soon.

Hey those Uncharted Games are AWESOME, sort of like Raiders Of The Lost Arc in nature, honestly 2 was my favorite, it also had a great online 5 on 5 death match too, anyways hang in there man, pay attention and perhaps you'll find some joy around you. I've been in your shoes before. It also would help if the Knicks were actually good this season. Couldn't hurt ya know.
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 17,215

Post#47 » by evevale » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:08 pm

I never played 2k online but when they removed the ability to change AI settings is when I stopped playing altogether. I hated how the AI would dictate when they would make a run and when all my shots would miss. I liked modifying it to make the game feel more organic, where blowouts happen on either side and not every single game has to have the intensity of a Game 7 NBA finals game.

That said, 2k has been trash for years and years now. Pretty disappointing since I haven't enjoyed NBA Live since the SNES days.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,108

Post#48 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:22 pm

Park and Pro-Am are going to be awful once everyone starts to get their badges, you can already tell the defense will be completely overwhelmed.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,382

Post#49 » by F N 11 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:59 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Last game I enjoyed was halo 2. Best game I ever played and most fun.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Post#50 » by robillionaire » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:32 pm

I mainly only play exhibition games against the cpu and maybe mess around with the story on my player (which is usually bad) or gm mode. Don't play online except occasionally with a friend of mine because they never fixed the terrible lag and don't play the gambling and grind modes either, don't fux with those card packs
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Post#51 » by robillionaire » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:35 pm

zion is a monster you can just back down anybody like they aren't even there it's stupid give it a try
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,228

Post#52 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:37 pm

F N 11 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

You should try out this game called Detroit: Become Human. I too get bored often with games lately but I copped this game earlier this year and I was hooked. The game is solely based on your decisions and the story can change in many ways. Check it out if you get time
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,525

Post#53 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:43 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

You should try out this game called Detroit: Become Human. I too get bored often with games lately but I copped this game earlier this year and I was hooked. The game is solely based on your decisions and the story can change in many ways. Check it out if you get time

Have you played Heavy Rain?

It's the spiritual prequel to Detroit
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,663

Post#54 » by j4remi » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:50 pm

GONYK wrote:Have you played Heavy Rain?

I never knew Detroit was that style of game. Heavy Rain was cool, the closest thing I came to that style was Until Dawn for PS4. The game played like a slasher horror movie version of Heavy Rain to me.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#55 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:51 pm

GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Last game I enjoyed was halo 2. Best game I ever played and most fun.

Have you played Heavy Rain?

Yeah that game is good too. I bought a bundle for like $20 and it came with those 2 games and Beyond: Two Souls. Can’t wait for David Cage’s next game
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#56 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:55 pm

j4remi wrote:
GONYK wrote:Have you played Heavy Rain?

I never knew Detroit was that style of game. Heavy Rain was cool, the closest thing I came to that style was Until Dawn for PS4. The game played like a slasher horror movie version of Heavy Rain to me.

Yeah they’re similar, but Detroit is like 10x better than both of those games imo. The people that made Until Dawn actually released a new game last week. I was going to cop but the reviews seem pretty disappointing.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,663

Post#57 » by j4remi » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Yeah they’re similar, but Detroit is like 10x better than both of those games imo. The people that made Until Dawn actually released a new game last week. I was going to cop but the reviews seem pretty disappointing.

I just googled it, looks like they tried to make it 2 player which sounds dope for me since my whole family is horror buffs and my nephews are all gamers...but bad reviews plus 2K being my distraction for a while means, I'll wait for a sale.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,810

Post#58 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:10 pm

Im hooked to myteam

**** myplayer
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#59 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

This sounds interesting
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#60 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:38 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Last game I enjoyed was halo 2. Best game I ever played and most fun.

This sounds interesting

It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. It’s different but really cool

Return to New York Knicks