ImageImageImageImageImage

The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,563

Re: The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor 

Post#41 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Noteworthy.

The Knicks now have more Black executives managing a sports franchise than ANYother in Pro sports.

Pioneers.

Stop All Genocides
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,930

Re: The New York Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor 

Post#42 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Leon Rose will be on MSG tonight at 7 pm with Mike Breen. Too bad I don’t have MSG so ima need y’all to watch it and tell me what he’s saying lol

i let you know if they announce a Randle trade :lol:
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
RealGM
And1: 39,332

Post#43 » by 2010 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:47 pm

I’m thinking the recent crop of young coaching candidates being interviewed are for the position of Associate Head Coach under Thibodeau.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,713

Post#44 » by rajajackal » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:48 pm

2010 wrote:I’m thinking the recent crop of young coaching candidates being interviewed are for the position of Associate Head Coach under Thibodeau.

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,563

Post#45 » by Zenzibar » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:49 pm

moocow007 wrote:This really shouldn't be a surprise. The two guys have always been real closely connected and it's clear that the main reason they hired Rose was to gain an advantage when working with big name players to help expedite any rebuild.

Folks shouldn't really read into this more than they should. At the end of the day, we know that the NBA CBA has been worked in such a way that it is EXTREMELY difficult for elite players in their prime to be signed outright by another team in FA. So it's not like having Rose or Wesley will somehow convince an elite player like Giannis to take much less money to sign as a FA with NY just because of salesmen babble. That's not happening. Any movement of those top tier guys requires trading for them (so they can maximize the contractual dollars).

So WWW isn't going to be able to talk top tier players into coming to NY. What he can do is work the other players and help build relationships with those players and their agents so that any deals or transactions can be approached more favorably on the Knicks (and the players side) should that player decide he wants to come to NY.

The wanting to come to NY part is still going to depend on how well all those basketball minds that Leon Rose has recently surrounded himself with can build a competitive team AND how much pressure the Leon Rose and the Wesley's of the world can work with the player and his agents to finagle favorable deals to get said big name players to NY without robbing the Knicks blind.

So I would see this as a positive. Rose is trying to add as much firepower to both the backend "detail driven' side of the "game" as well as the front end faces and salespeople that can cajole interest and get deals. One side creates the backend environment that players may want. The other side creates the front end environment that players may want.

So terrific.

You make good points. But let me just add, while Wes cannot make a player come to NY, his verbal game is elite.
Stop All Genocides
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,174

Post#46 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Leon Rose will be on MSG tonight at 7 pm with Mike Breen. Too bad I don’t have MSG so ima need y’all to watch it and tell me what he’s saying lol

I'd be shocked if they don't livestream it on youtube at the same time. It be dumb for MSG to miss out on all the viewers that have cut the cord or live outside the tristate area.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#47 » by AllanHoustonFan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 pm

2010 wrote:I’m thinking the recent crop of young coaching candidates being interviewed are for the position of Associate Head Coach under Thibodeau.

:nod:

You got it
#MKGA
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,279

Post#48 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:53 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#49 » by knickstape21 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:57 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:The game has officially changed for the Knicks. Don't be surprised when Donovan Mitchell request a trade from Utah and puts us #1 on his list of trade destinations.

I’m expecting this to happen as well and if it’s not Mitchell, then I anticipate Booker when PHX fails to make the playoffs again next season.
Metta World WAR
Junior
And1: 331

Post#50 » by Metta World WAR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Knicks gonna be used as a Blood Bag to get CAA clients paid and farmed out to other teams to shed their bad contracts in return for draft picks and promising young players. If Dolan was a gamer, he would have had an underling buy the Nets and done the same thing.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM

Post#51 » by AllanHoustonFan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:00 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:The game has officially changed for the Knicks. Don't be surprised when Donovan Mitchell request a trade from Utah and puts us #1 on his list of trade destinations.

I’m expecting this to happen as well and if it’s not Mitchell, then I anticipate Booker when PHX fails to make the playoffs again next season.

I dont know about Booker, but I can tell you one thing, Donovan Mitchell wants to come home and now has a reason to.
#MKGA
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,842

Post#52 » by Triple C » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Read on Twitter
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,174

Post#53 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Yeah I can't imagine them giving someone like Will Hardy the job. There'd be an insane amount of pressure for someone without credentials. If Thibs had problems with connecting with the younger players like he did in Minnesota, having some young assistants would offset that. Hopefully they help modernize his offense too.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#54 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:24 pm

I'm both shocked that he's on board in an official capacity, and dubious that this isn't a past-his-prime acquisition.

But I'm also definitely excited at the prospect of WWW making a positive impact as a difference maker in the organization.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,352

Post#55 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:31 pm

This is a momentous day folks.

Do not underestimate this move.

This is an excellent hire.

In www we trust!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM

Post#56 » by AllanHoustonFan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:31 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:I'm both shocked that he's on board in an official capacity, and dubious that this isn't a past-his-prime acquisition.

But I'm also definitely excited at the prospect of WWW making a positive impact as a difference maker in the organization.

Past-his-prime? Nah, Wes still got pull around the league lol.
#MKGA
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#57 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:43 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:I'm both shocked that he's on board in an official capacity, and dubious that this isn't a past-his-prime acquisition.

having wes in the fold will be big for player perception. the people who vouch for him... major.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#58 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:44 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

some days you two are all the entertainment i need. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,214

Post#59 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:50 pm

We knew WWW would have a big say, but didnt seem like it would be official. More or less a formality. Could def help a ton. He has been around forever but this may actually be his first "job", at least officially.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#60 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:

I hope you're right, but my worry is that his pull is largely with the Lebron/CP3/Wade crowd, and those guys are 35+ or retired. We got Kendrick Perkins and Jamal Crawford saying it's a great job. I understand current players under contract aren't likely to comment, but the timeline on this feels like it has the potential to be off by about 10-15 years.

I'm not in here arguing that to be the case, and I'm actively hoping against it. I want WWW to be a force in the Knicks ascension, and am simply cautiously optimistic that he will be.

Return to New York Knicks