ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,376

Re: Around the NBA - Continued 

Post#41 » by F N 11 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:31 am

mpharris36 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Doug Christie is coach of kings? Since when? Lol

You never hear anything that goes on in Sacramento. Like Fox averaging 28 PPG post all star break and shooting 70% at the rim 3 feet and under. Perfect Thibs PG.

Kings might trade Fox...since he has been out Haliburton has been absolutely dominating with full PG usage. He is probably there future.

Agreed, 22 and 13 again tonight lol. Fox would probably cost us RJ which scares me.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,786

Post#42 » by mpharris36 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:09 am

F N 11 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Doug Christie is coach of kings? Since when? Lol

You never hear anything that goes on in Sacramento. Like Fox averaging 28 PPG post all star break and shooting 70% at the rim 3 feet and under. Perfect Thibs PG.

Kings might trade Fox...since he has been out Haliburton has been absolutely dominating with full PG usage. He is probably there future.

Agreed, 22 and 13 again tonight lol. Fox would probably cost us RJ which scares me.

yeah I'm not touching Fox for RJ. For Randle sure.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#43 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:24 am

NBA is pointless. Fire Adam Silver.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,530

Post#44 » by gavran » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:38 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:NBA is pointless. Fire Adam Silver.

Why? A few more weeks, and teams are going to recruit from RealGM. Better get in shape.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#45 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:42 pm

Already in better shape than Doncic.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#46 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:50 pm

ctorres wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Shump is entertaining:

Here is the full podcast...

A few really good tidbits about his time with the Knicks:

- Melo was actually he was able to rest while Linsanity was happening. Main issues were not the chemistry issues between Lin and Melo, but more so D'Antoni and Melo. Melo did not want to play like he used to in Denver (which is I guess what D'Antoni wanted out of him). Melo wanted to slow the pace down and reserve energy for the playoffs.
- The players loved Steve Novak and were really bummed out that he got traded for Bargnani. That trade was pretty much what cost the Knicks that 2013-2014 season. Having Novak on the floor was a pick your poison situation, because no one was leaving Novak open so you either had to let Novak shoot the three or you had someone drive the hoop.
- A ton of pressure was put on Bargnani who was still recovering from his injuries. Not only were any chemistry issues going to be blamed on Bargnani if it didn't work out, but Bargnani's NBA career was on the line playing with the Knicks.
- Shump's biggest regret in his career is not demanding to play point guard when Woodson forced him to be a 3 and D guy and had Felton be the guy to run the team. Shump felt he should have stood has ground and demanded a trade. He wanted to develop as a point guard, not be a 3 and D guy.
- JR Smith is the most underrated player he ever had as a teammate.
- The Knicks should NOT have lost against the Pacers in 2013, but Shump for whatever reason really had to hold his tongue as to why they lost that series and he just wouldn't say why.

There was rumors JR Smith was coked up during the playoffs, wonder if it’s that.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,836

Post#47 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:21 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
ctorres wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Shump is entertaining:

- Melo was actually he was able to rest while Linsanity was happening. Main issues were not the chemistry issues between Lin and Melo, but more so D'Antoni and Melo. Melo did not want to play like he used to in Denver (which is I guess what D'Antoni wanted out of him). Melo wanted to slow the pace down and reserve energy for the playoffs.
- The players loved Steve Novak and were really bummed out that he got traded for Bargnani. That trade was pretty much what cost the Knicks that 2013-2014 season. Having Novak on the floor was a pick your poison situation, because no one was leaving Novak open so you either had to let Novak shoot the three or you had someone drive the hoop.
- A ton of pressure was put on Bargnani who was still recovering from his injuries. Not only were any chemistry issues going to be blamed on Bargnani if it didn't work out, but Bargnani's NBA career was on the line playing with the Knicks.
- Shump's biggest regret in his career is not demanding to play point guard when Woodson forced him to be a 3 and D guy and had Felton be the guy to run the team. Shump felt he should have stood has ground and demanded a trade. He wanted to develop as a point guard, not be a 3 and D guy.
- The Knicks should NOT have lost against the Pacers in 2013, but Shump for whatever reason really had to hold his tongue as to why they lost that series and he just wouldn't say why.

There was rumors JR Smith was coked up during the playoffs, wonder if it’s that.

A healthy (in every sense of the word) Knicks team would've smoked the Pacers and given Miami a run for their money.

HUGE what if.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#48 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
ctorres wrote:

A healthy (in every sense of the word) Knicks team would've smoked the Pacers and given Miami a run for their money.

HUGE what if.

Facts. I legit thought we could’ve made it to the finals that year. I’ll never get over that :cry:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#49 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Read on Twitter
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Post#50 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Already in better shape than Doncic.

This fat shaming should not be tolerated and fat jokes should only be made by people who have an excess amount of weight.
Someone get Knick4life in here to correct this egregious behavior ASAP.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Post#51 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
ctorres wrote:

HUGE what if.

I feel that this joke is harmful to people who enjoy marijuana as a recreational drug or people who have a medical need to use this medicine. Someone get Knick4life in here ASAP to correct this hurtful and harmful behavior*

*Willing to accept photographic proof of a medical marijuana card as proof you can make jokes about this subject.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,836

Post#52 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
Ma10
Pro Prospect
And1: 719

Post#53 » by Ma10 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:15 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32929031/nba-approves-sponsor-ad-patch-team-shooting-shirts

And here we go. Once they decided to ad jerseys ads all hell broke loose. As I am used to European football I always enjoyed the clean looks of nba jerseys. No jersey adds, just the simple nba logo and that's it.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,439

Post#54 » by god shammgod » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,201

Post#55 » by Reign23 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:04 pm

ariza finally getting back... looking good in first 2 games.... and go straight into health and safety protocol kind of sums up lakers season so far.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,184

Post#56 » by Capn'O » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:10 am

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

The market ploy was so easy they had to miss it.

The Crypt
By Crypto.com
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#57 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:02 am

lol Lakers
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#58 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:43 am

Ma10 wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32929031/nba-approves-sponsor-ad-patch-team-shooting-shirts

And here we go. Once they decided to ad jerseys ads all hell broke loose. As I am used to European football I always enjoyed the clean looks of nba jerseys. No jersey adds, just the simple nba logo and that's it.

jersey ads are terrible. just a cash grab by the NBA

I read they go for $15-20M per season....IMO not worth ruining the integrity of the jersey for that when these teams are making on avg $250M per yr in revenue
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#59 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:45 am

spree2kawhi wrote:lol Lakers

I want them to start winning some games. you just know if they're in the lottery that they'll move up....they always seem to get lucky
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#60 » by blueNorange » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:05 pm

lebron posted on his ig that spider-man meme with it reading covid, flu, and cold

not a good look lebron, not a good look
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to New York Knicks