ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Thibs Game Plans for Kyrie ........ NOT !!!!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,761

Re: PG: Thibs Game Plans for Kyrie ........ NOT !!!! 

Post#41 » by Ursusamericanus » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:13 am

Those offensive rebounds at the end drove me **** crazy. How do you give up 3 in a row like that? I know the guys were tired, but Randle barely jumped for the last one, and only used one arm to reach for it. Had he put some more effort into getting that one, we get the stop and have a chance at winning it. Just weaksauce, hope he gets an earful for it.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,625

Post#42 » by Iron Mantis » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:14 am

thebuzzardman wrote:OG Bullocks with 10 points while future HOF'ers IQ and RJ combine for over 40!

Still had the highest +/- on the team. +14 in a loss.

He's legit but not an option on offense..at ALL....can't even dribble .

Super Elite 3&D though
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,610

Post#43 » by HighRyzer83 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:14 am

On a positive note, donte is a demon in the clutch. Every three looks like it's going in.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 85,003

Post#44 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:14 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:OG Bullocks with 10 points while future HOF'ers IQ and RJ combine for over 40!

Still had the highest +/- on the team. +14 in a loss.

He's legit but not an option on offense..at ALL....can't even dribble .

Super Elite 3&D though

The goal is to score more than your opponent.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 63,608

Post#45 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:15 am

My pussy hurts
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,833

Post#46 » by F N 11 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:15 am

We needed a game to humble folks. We need another dynamic player which also unlocks OG for open looks.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 85,003

Post#47 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:15 am

If the Knicks still had RJ and IQ they would have won, just like the Knicks did with all the previous games against the Mavs
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 3,192

Post#48 » by ezmoney707 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:15 am

3toheadmelo wrote:i wish we double teamed kyrie from the start. i think thibs had too much confidence in og

I think he had confidence in the scheme and team defense against him in general, but Kyrie would have scored with prime Jordan or Payton on him tonight, so we should have gotten the ball out of his hands much sooner in the 2nd half.

Need a 3rd guy offensively though, doesn’t have to Murray, but someone that can get buckets when they go through long runs. We had stretches tonight we didn’t score for 4 mins straight.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 6,016

Post#49 » by Buttah304 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:16 am

This game was over from the opening tip. Dallas was flying all over the court, boxing out beautifully and they were out working us in general. They flat out wanted it more but we felt the positive vibes would carry us. I cannot stand THJ. His face is unbelievably punchable.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 20,816

Post#50 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:16 am

Ursusamericanus wrote:Those offensive rebounds at the end drove me **** crazy. How do you give up 3 in a row like that? I know the guys were tired, but Randle barely jumped for the last one, and only used one arm to reach for it. Had he put some more effort into getting that one, we get the stop and have a chance at winning it. Just weaksauce, hope he gets an earful for it.

Are you serious right now? :eek1:
:beer: RIP mags
Guano
RealGM
And1: 44,328

Post#51 » by Guano » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:16 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:that was the best fake hustle i seen in a min. reminds me of the 2014 season

Who are we blaming?

Are we turning on og?

i think this game shows we need another scorer bad. and our defense was awful from the start. randle is prob gonna get a lot of blame but he was the main reason why we got back in the game. og got cooked by kyrie but kyrie was just cooking everyone too. brunson was awful on both ends. and worst of all we let timmy chuckaway kill us lol

In all seriousness sounds like a team effort. Which is going to happen. Though the usage of Randle and Brunson has me concerned about their availability come playoff time
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,761

Post#52 » by Ursusamericanus » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Ursusamericanus wrote:Those offensive rebounds at the end drove me **** crazy. How do you give up 3 in a row like that? I know the guys were tired, but Randle barely jumped for the last one, and only used one arm to reach for it. Had he put some more effort into getting that one, we get the stop and have a chance at winning it. Just weaksauce, hope he gets an earful for it.

Are you serious right now? :eek1:

Yes, I can hope, however unlikely it may be.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 7,100

Post#53 » by WargamesX » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 am

People said…. Nah we don’t need Mitch. This whole game was a “I wish Mitch was here”.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 50,841

Post#54 » by robillionaire » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 am

Just think of all the wild plays, the play we couldn’t get the loose ball and they got a 4 point play out of it, the Hardaway buzzer beater in the 1st quarter, the foul calls we didn’t get all game especially the jones push off and hartenstein getting fouled on the putback dunk, the Donte fast break where they didn’t call the foul and they scored the other way, the Brunson phantom tech, and many many more. Kinda just pissed about it.
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 17,355

Post#55 » by evevale » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:19 am

it was fun while it lasted but this loss was a sobering reminder that this team still has some very serious flaws that start at thibs and go all the way down the roster

the team is good, perhaps even very good but until we can find a coach who trusts his entire roster and doesn't run his "favorites" into the ground game after game then i feel as though our success will always be short-lived, fueled by adrenaline and bald desperation

but this loss in a vaccuum doesn't bother me much - liked how we fought back until the bitter end despite having countless opportunities to let go of the rope. just have to be patient, hope we continue to make sensible moves rather than make a panic move for jordan clarkson or some other player everyone hates
Buttah304
Analyst

Post#56 » by Buttah304 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:19 am

F N 11 wrote:We needed a game to humble folks. We need another dynamic player which also unlocks OG for open looks.

This should be posted in the locker room. You can’t just fumble the first 12min of the game. Gotta be locked in and we looked like we were shaking off a horrible hangover.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,945

Post#57 » by cgmw » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:19 am

Snacks wrote:
cgmw wrote:Ironically we lost because Josh Hart got benched and nobody hustled for the loose ball on the three offensive rebounds leading to the Dallas dagger.

What!!!
We had a double digit defecit with him on the floor playing 5 on 4 --- when Thibs finally sat his bum A## with less than 5 minutes left we cut the lead to 1 ----that's just a fact

I saw it and don’t deny it. Just saying it’s ironic we lost on the kind of play Josh always makes. Where were Randle, Hartenstein, and OG on those rebounds?
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#58 » by robillionaire » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 am

cgmw wrote:
Snacks wrote:
cgmw wrote:Ironically we lost because Josh Hart got benched and nobody hustled for the loose ball on the three offensive rebounds leading to the Dallas dagger.

What!!!
We had a double digit defecit with him on the floor playing 5 on 4 --- when Thibs finally sat his bum A## with less than 5 minutes left we cut the lead to 1 ----that's just a fact

I saw it and don’t deny it. Just saying it’s ironic we lost on the kind of play Josh always makes. Where were Randle, Hartenstein, and OG on those rebounds?

The ball just took some bad ricochets. Sometimes the basketball gods hate you
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#59 » by robillionaire » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 am

The team was playing sad because they read IQ’s article earlier
Buttah304
Analyst

Post#60 » by Buttah304 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:22 am

robillionaire wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Snacks wrote:
What!!!

The ball just took some bad ricochets. Sometimes the basketball gods hate you

You have to admit it’s a little concerning that Randle/Brun are the only 2 active players on the roster who can comfortably break down the D/get below the FT line to suck in the defense. It’s a clear as day problem right now and going forward.

Return to New York Knicks