ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Re: Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland 

Post#41 » by kosmovitelli » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:22 pm

BasicBall wrote:L may not be here by December, he is giving his opinion on Lebron and even though its not what we as Knick fans want to hear, it is what it is, Quite possibly THE TRUTH!

Yep. No reason to hate on Larry Hughes but his comment was stupid. Not because it's untrue but he should have kept that for himself.

You can feel the tone. He acts like he's quitting on the team and no longer wants to be here. There lies the real problem. Even if I didn't expect much from him, I'm disappointed. He was burried on the inactive list in Chicago, they didn't want him on the roster. The Knicks gave him a chance and he's taking a subtle jab at the team.

About 2010, the Knicks aren't the only big market team with cap space. At least, Larry Hugues made it look like the competition is only between Knicks and Cavs. Probably the only positive coming from him ! LOL
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,873

Post#42 » by duetta » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:37 pm

BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#43 » by BasicBall » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:38 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:
BasicBall wrote:L may not be here by December, he is giving his opinion on Lebron and even though its not what we as Knick fans want to hear, it is what it is, Quite possibly THE TRUTH!

Yep. No reason to hate on Larry Hughes but his comment was stupid. Not because it's untrue but he should have kept that for himself.

You can feel the tone. He acts like he's quitting on the team and no longer wants to be here. There lies the real problem. Even if I didn't expect much from him, I'm disappointed. He was burried on the inactive list in Chicago, they didn't want him on the roster. The Knicks gave him a chance and he's taking a subtle jab at the team.

About 2010, the Knicks aren't the only big market team with cap space. At least, Larry Hugues made it look like the competition is only between Knicks and Cavs. Probably the only positive coming from him ! LOL

I concur. It's The Knicks or The Cavs for Bron next season. I dont quite see it as Larry quitting on NY though. I do see it as Larry just being Larry. The idea for NY is to be in play to sign a top tier free agent and the fact of the matter is, they will be. While we all want Lebron, I too can see where Lebron would stay put and try to get Amare or Bosh to come there.

I also see how Lebron kept his leverage with Cleveland and didnt re-up this past summer. To be honest the difference in the two teams (NY-CLEVE) is Lebron. What has been encouraging from an outside observers point of view as far as The Knicks are concerned is the committment to defense in these first 3 preseason games.

I just think Larry sees the handwritting on the wall and senses he will not be part of this by Deecember, so the hater in him came out...LOL! All in all L has an opinion and if you have followed his career you know damn well he aint afraid to speak his mind when asked a question! LOL
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#44 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Brunson2Spencer wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Larry is just mad that New Yorkers booed him when he stunk the other night. LeBron hasn't told Larry much and I don't think LeBron thinks his chances at a title in Cleveland are as good as Larry thinks they are.

LeBron on the Knicks even *next* year and they're one of the best teams in the East. Then 2011 Curry and Jeffries come off and they'll have a championship team.

Can you stop with this? All you are doing is setting yourself and others up with disappointment with this talk. There is 0 evidence LeBron will leave Cleveland for this bottom-dwelling team. Zero. So please stop with these posts that are ultimately jinxing things anyway.

Sorry but there's a lot of evidence that he may want out of Cleveland. He's risking $100 million just to have a chance at free-agency.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#45 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Larry Hughesless looks lost on this team...
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#46 » by Paeds » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Ok, I really dont like these comments from Hughes

He is the highest paid player on this team and he needs to earn his money and act like a professional.

Strike One
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#47 » by BasicBall » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm

LOL You guys are killing me here. This is not the first time Larry has said this since being in NY. He said it last season too. Said that Lebron had a good situation in Cleveland and that its about winning games for Lebron and IF the team is not winning Lebron probably will not be interested. Larry said the same exact thing last season....

Kos help me out, dig that quote up for me. I'm swamped with paperwork at home today. :lol:
Paeds
Banned User

Post#48 » by Paeds » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:55 pm

BasicBall wrote:LOL You guys are killing me here. This is not the first time Larry has said this since being in NY. He said it last season too. Said that Lebron had a good situation in Cleveland and that its about winning games for Lebron and IF the team is not winning Lebron probably will not be interested. Larry said the same exact thing last season....

Kos help me out, dig that quote up for me. I'm swamped with paperwork at home today. :lol:

Saying he might stay in clev isnt the problem

Saying that the team that is paying you 13 million dollars to win may not be a good choice is the problem
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#49 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:56 pm

BasicBall wrote:LOL You guys are killing me here. This is not the first time Larry has said this since being in NY. He said it last season too. Said that Lebron had a good situation in Cleveland and that its about winning games for Lebron and IF the team is not winning Lebron probably will not be interested. Larry said the same exact thing last season....

Yes he did say that. It could be based on what Hughes has told LeBron but I honestly don't think so. Just a guess from piecing together bits of information -- like LeBron coming out and saying that he did not promise Ariza he was staying in Cleveland. Why would someone do that who is committed to Cleveland? And if he's privately committed, why would he not want to be publicly committed? I simply do not buy the 'He wants attention' line. Bull-spit. You don't leave $100M on the table for publicity.

LeBron is not delighted to be in Cleveland, imo, otherwise he would have signed already. He might stay but he isn't sold on it as a place to finish his career. Yes the Knicks still have to sell LeBron on NY and the team being good enough but LeBron's heart is not yet in Cleveland if it ever will be. Yes that's an opinion. There's no way to prove this, because LeBron is not talking to people openly about his intentions, but it's my gut.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,292

Post#50 » by seren » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Larry now deserves the Marbury treatment. Send this POS home and tell him that his services are no longer needed.

I agree. Just send him home.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#51 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:10 pm

I do not like Hughes but I liked him better than James at that time and that is for sure.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#52 » by BasicBall » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:11 pm

Paeds wrote:

Saying he might stay in clev isnt the problem

Saying that the team that is paying you 13 million dollars to win may not be a good choice is the problem

Larry is just hating cause he knows he aint in the 2010 plans. By December L-Boogie will be GONE. So who really cares what he is talking about. What we as Knicks fans need to pay attention to is the subtle admittance that D'Antoni has made to defending and preaching defense. That to me is the signal that 2010 is about Lebron. If this team makes progress as a defensive unit, the chances of luring Lebron goes up tenfold.

Larry is just being Larry, he'll be gone by December, Feb deadline for damn sure!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Post#53 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Larry should have kept his mouth shut. If someone calls your wife fat, is it okay to do because she is fat? Do you just give the guy a pass because it's true? These guys live in a dreamworld where they they think that can just disrespect the team that's cutting their check and it's ok. Screw him.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#54 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Newyorker123 wrote:Lol Thorn. You made my point.

Really? Not seeing it, but if you think so great! I will humbly disagree.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#55 » by kane2021 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:00 pm

He looks like one of those employees that punches in 15 minutes before he actually starts working. Looks at the clock every half hour hoping a hour went by. Talks about lunch until lunch. Then after lunch talks about going home. Moping around through out his shift complaining about how much he makes compared to how much work there is to be done. Or how the rival company is a better company to work for then the company currently employing him.

Hughes is a ball dominate slashing wing. Problem is he is not good enough to let him hold the ball for 50% of his time on the floor. Some guys the game comes natural. Having the ball in there hands does not hurt the team because the game is easier for them. Hughes has to bust his a** to get 15 points. And to get that 15 points no one else on the floor can be involved because he has to create his own shot. He is not hitting open looks. Sounds familiar?

I was hoping he could help us. I think he has the ability to. It just doesnt seem like he wants to. If thats the case send him on his way. Bad pre season game is one thing. Saying a guy will not come here because they have a better chance to win somewhere else is one thing. But moping around the floor, missing all your shots and half your FT's then saying this, is grounds for termination. This dude is a professional disgruntled employee.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#56 » by mjhp911 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:08 pm

BasicBall wrote:Larry and Lebron are pretty tight as far as NBA player relationships go. Their families hang and the wives stay in touch. L is just giving his opinion. He is entitled to that.

I have watched the 1st three preseason games, IF NY doesnt get their act together it just may be hard to attract a top-tier free agent. That is the reality. That 2011 year may be the time to get a major piece, like a OJ Mayo, who I firmly believe wants and will be in a MAJOR market when his rookie deal expires.

L may not be here by December, he is giving his opinion on Lebron and even though its not what we as Knick fans want to hear, it is what it is, Quite possibly THE TRUTH!

Pretty much.

I agree that he probably shouldn't have said it. But he's just keeping it real. He's a ball player, he knows when a team sucks, and when it doesn't. We've got to take the good with the bad. If we like players and coaches saying what's on their mind, then we shouldn't get terribly offended when they say what the deal really is.
Paeds
Banned User

Post#57 » by Paeds » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:15 pm

mjhp911 wrote:
BasicBall wrote:Larry and Lebron are pretty tight as far as NBA player relationships go. Their families hang and the wives stay in touch. L is just giving his opinion. He is entitled to that.

I have watched the 1st three preseason games, IF NY doesnt get their act together it just may be hard to attract a top-tier free agent. That is the reality. That 2011 year may be the time to get a major piece, like a OJ Mayo, who I firmly believe wants and will be in a MAJOR market when his rookie deal expires.

L may not be here by December, he is giving his opinion on Lebron and even though its not what we as Knick fans want to hear, it is what it is, Quite possibly THE TRUTH!

Pretty much.

I agree that he probably shouldn't have said it. But he's just keeping it real. He's a ball player, he knows when a team sucks, and when it doesn't. We've got to take the good with the bad. If we like players and coaches saying what's on their mind, then we shouldn't get terribly offended when they say what the deal really is.

I totally disagree

We are paying him 13+ million dollar to make this team NOT suck

He is getting paid 1.1million dollars a month to help us not suck

At 300K a week he needs to be part of the solution and not the problem.

I dont give a **** about Hughes opnions for next year. He is getting paid 40K a day to play basketball to the best of his abilities . Not talk about how much better another team is or will be next year

He is getting paid like a superstar and playing like a d-leauger

He needs to talk about that
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#58 » by TKF » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:20 pm

I totally disagree

I dont give a **** about Hughes opnions for next year. He is getting paid 40K a day to play basketball to the best of his abilities . Not talk about how much better another team is or will be next year

really. just shut up about the lebron situation hughes. I mean we really don't need him to be the defacto spokesman for lebron. And I am sure lebron doesn't need that from him as well..
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#59 » by mjhp911 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Paeds wrote:I totally disagree

He's an ending deal, Peddy. Among six ending deals we have. They know they're just warming the pine for LeJesus, or whoever else is lucky enough to sign here. That's just how it is. We knew going in that we'd struggle, with all the ending deals and guys just wanting to play out the string, or play for their next deal. Walnuts made our bed, now we have to sleep in it. It's not right that guys in the NBA feel 'entitled' to whatever it is they feel they're entitled to. But that's just how it is, unfortunately.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#60 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Let me get this straight: LeBron hasn't committed to Cleveland publicly, contractually or even in private -- and most of the business people close to LeBron think he is going to New York -- but he is telling Larry Hughes that he's staying in Cleveland? That makes perfect sense!

More than likely, this is just Hughes' opinion. But the fact that Hughes thinks the team that he is on is no good tells you all you need to know why Hughes has been a career disappointment. Even Al Harrington is a committed Knick who sees himself here in the future, believes his success will only come with the Knicks making the playoffs, etc.

Return to New York Knicks