ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL discussion thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,409

Re: OT: NFL discussion thread 

Post#401 » by The Lamma » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:26 am

Sheezus that Raiders/Chargers game tonight was fcking insane

Lost track of how many 4th down conversions Herbert made to keep the Chargers alive on their last drive in regulation culminating with the touchdown + PAT to tie as the clock expired.

The teams then exchanged FG in overtime, both of them barely through the uprights

Adding to the drama, with 2 seconds to go in overtime and the game still tied, that ridiculously unlikely chance of Pittsburgh being eliminated still had a shot at coming to fruition. The tie being the only outcome that would have hosed them. Raiders were looking at a 47 yard FG for the win, not a gimme from that distance.

Kick was good as the clock expired, final score: Raiders 35 Chargers 32
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,518

Post#402 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:29 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Jets manage to screw up draft position with meaningless win. Then again, they'd just draft a no show player like Becton, a dubious Twink like Zach Wilson etc.

We just should’ve kept Teddy Bridgewater. Kyle Wilson and his mother both suck.
Free Palestine
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,721

Post#403 » by DOT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:56 pm

Get the win

Knock the Colts out of the playoffs

Still get the #1 pick. Pretty good day, all things considered

Shame there's no QB worth a #1 pick as of right now. Trading back would probably be the smartest move for us, since neither Thibodeaux or Hutchinson look like top tier, Myles Garrett/Nick Bosa level guys

Or we could go wildcard, take Neal 1st. I don't really care so long as we fire Baalke, but that's apparently not happening, and reports are he wants Bill O'Brien as coach, so here's to another decade of Jags football, baby

Also, fun fact, this will be the 2nd time in team history we've gotten the first overall pick. Which is kinda crazy for a team that's been 47-130 since 2011.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,165

Post#404 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:19 pm

At this point Giants are more hopeless then the Knicks.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#405 » by DOT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:30 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:At this point Giants are more hopeless then the Knicks.

Well, the good news is, you have 2 top 10 picks

And I hear Daniel Jones looked much better this year

Also good news is, I don't really think there's a QB that looks good enough to take with either of those picks, so that should simplify things for y'all. Take BPA, give Jones one more year to evaluate. If he's the guy, then you don't have to worry about it, if he's not, then y'all should be in a good position to draft a QB next year, which I hear is a much better looking class.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#406 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:07 pm

K-DOT wrote:

Also good news is, I don't really think there's a QB that looks good enough to take with either of those picks, so that should simplify things for y'all. Take BPA, give Jones one more year to evaluate. If he's the guy, then you don't have to worry about it, if he's not, then y'all should be in a good position to draft a QB next year, which I hear is a much better looking class.

I dont think Daniel Jones is the answer, but compared to Glennon/From he looked good. Like you said, this draft doesn't look like a good QB draft so I am ok with giving DJ another year....either he works out or he sucks and we will get a top pick. You never know, the Giants are so awful that it makes everyone looks bad.

The 2 top 10 picks are nice. Giants have so many needs and holes they can focus on other areas (oline, edge, defense). First they need to clean house and bring in new competent management and a new coaching staff. I am not sure if any of that happens so it may not matter. If we have clowns running the show they will never turn it around.

That was a great way for the Jags to end there season
Mavs
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#407 » by DOT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:34 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

I dont think Daniel Jones is the answer, but compared to Glennon/From he looked good. Like you said, this draft doesn't look like a good QB draft so I am ok with giving DJ another year....either he works out or he sucks and we will get a top pick. You never know, the Giants are so awful that it makes everyone looks bad.

The 2 top 10 picks are nice. Giants have so many needs and holes they can focus on other areas (oline, edge, defense). First they need to clean house and bring in new competent management and a new coaching staff. I am not sure if any of that happens so it may not matter. If we have clowns running the show they will never turn it around.

Yeah, even for us, you don't pick 1st overall twice in a row without having a sh*tload of holes on the roster

Trevor was underwhelming this year, but it is nice to not have to worry about QB and just go BPA. Not like 2014 where we passed on Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald for Bortles cause we didn't have a QB

Honestly, I've talked about it before, the 2020 draft just killed us in terms of future prospects. We took CJ Henderson 9th when Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Becton, and Tristan Wirfs went in the next 4 picks, then we traded Henderson for Dan Arnold and a 3rd this year. And while Arnold is the best TE we've had since Marcedes Lewis, he's not worth essentially a 9th pick. And everybody talks about Philly taking Reagor over Jefferson, but one pick before Reagor we took K'Lavon Chaisson who I know is supposed to be a project, but he's looked so bad. Maybe we don't get Trevor if we draft better, but if we did, we'd be in such a better place. Trevor would've looked so much better with Wirfs as our RT instead of Jawaan Taylor, and Justin Jefferson being our #1 instead of Laquon Treadwell

I think for y'all, I'd hope Evan Neal drops to 5. Him and Karlaftis at 7 would be the best semi-realistic outcome for you guys. Be funny if y'all got Neal and Faalele (later on, not 7th), cause Hog Mollies lol.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#408 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:53 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Well, the good news is, you have 2 top 10 picks

Yeah, even for us, you don't pick 1st overall twice in a row without having a sh*tload of holes on the roster

Trevor was underwhelming this year, but it is nice to not have to worry about QB and just go BPA. Not like 2014 where we passed on Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald for Bortles cause we didn't have a QB

Honestly, I've talked about it before, the 2020 draft just killed us in terms of future prospects. We took CJ Henderson 9th when Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Becton, and Tristan Wirfs went in the next 4 picks, then we traded Henderson for Dan Arnold and a 3rd this year. And while Arnold is the best TE we've had since Marcedes Lewis, he's not worth essentially a 9th pick. And everybody talks about Philly taking Reagor over Jefferson, but one pick before Reagor we took K'Lavon Chaisson who I know is supposed to be a project, but he's looked so bad. Maybe we don't get Trevor if we draft better, but if we did, we'd be in such a better place. Trevor would've looked so much better with Wirfs as our RT instead of Jawaan Taylor, and Justin Jefferson being our #1 instead of Laquon Treadwell

I think for y'all, I'd hope Evan Neal drops to 5. Him and Karlaftis at 7 would be the best semi-realistic outcome for you guys. Be funny if y'all got Neal and Faalele (later on, not 7th), cause Hog Mollies lol.

The Giants have messed up their fair share of picks so I can relate. Whether you hit or miss on picks can be such a big factor in both sports.

I mean with all the talk of hog mollies, Giants didnt really follow thru on the talk...just bad use of resources overall.

Speaking of Jefferson...wouldnt even mind the ex Minn GM Spielman
Mavs
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#409 » by DOT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:The Giants have messed up their fair share of picks so I can relate. Whether you hit or miss on picks can be such a big factor in both sports.

I mean with all the talk of hog mollies, Giants didnt really follow thru on the talk...just bad use of resources overall.

Speaking of Jefferson...wouldnt even mind the ex Minn GM Spielman

I don't know how good Spielman is, but I'd take him over Baalke

And I would literally kill somebody for us to hire Flores, Dolphins firing him is just bizarre to me.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,806

Post#410 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:57 pm

having 2 top 7 picks doesn't matter if Judge is retained and they just promote Abrams...I can't believe this is even an option for Mara at this point.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,295

Post#411 » by Kampuchea » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#412 » by DOT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:34 pm

Good news:

Kampuchea wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bad news:

Read on Twitter
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,295

Post#413 » by Kampuchea » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks