ImageImageImageImageImage

around the nba part 5

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Re: around the nba part 5 

Post#441 » by CrazyKnicks » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 am

fdr2012 wrote:Knicks board favorite superteam - the Chicago Bulls getting knocked around tonight (again).

No Rose and they're only 2 games behind us and they're losing to an elite team in OKC.

And Thugger I am jealous of TT as-well, he benched Rose for not playing defense. Can you ever imagine Woody doing this to Melo?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#442 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 am

Nope but Thibbs would.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#443 » by fdr2012 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 am

Crazyknicks wrote:
fdr2012 wrote:Knicks board favorite superteam - the Chicago Bulls getting knocked around tonight (again).

No Rose and they're only 2 games behind us and they're losing to an elite team in OKC.

They are the 6th seed in a very weak Eastern Conference. How is that anything to get excited about?

And yes, they are only 2.5 games behind us, which only demonstrates how badly we've been playing.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#444 » by fdr2012 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 am

Thugger HBC wrote:Nope but Thibbs would.

I'm not sure if he actually signed the extension with the Bulls. Maybe the Knicks can pry him away this summer.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#445 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 am

fdr2012 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Nope but Thibbs would.

I'm not sure if he actually signed the extension with the Bulls. Maybe the Knicks can pry him away this summer.

I think he got a four deal last October.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#446 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 am

fdr2012 wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:

They are the 6th seed in a very weak Eastern Conference. How is that anything to get excited about?

And yes, they are only 2.5 games behind us, which only demonstrates how badly we've been playing.

They dont have their best player, that is pretty good.

CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#447 » by CrazyKnicks » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 am

fdr2012 wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:

It's nothing exciting but respectable considering they're without an MVP caliber player. They'd be around the 6th seed in the West also. They are 2-3 games out of home court in the first round with a Rose return possibly next week, they can make some noise in the playoffs. What did you expect them to do without Rose?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,402

Post#448 » by Phish Tank » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 am

i hate jon barry with a passion... but he made a good point earlier in the thunder/bulls game that if the bulls play like the thunder on offense tonight, they will lose badly. I saw it coming in the 1st quarter and look at the score now.

Little Nathan isn't helping the cause with his 2/9 night. He needs to set others up because everyone else disappeared on offense tonight.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#449 » by taj2133 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:28 am

bulls have the 6 out 7 natinal tv games this week and next week we get to see this boring team play.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#450 » by moocow007 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 am

Come on get it right (fixed) :D

Pharmcat wrote:great loss by the nets
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#451 » by fdr2012 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:It's nothing exciting but respectable considering they're without an MVP caliber player. They'd be around the 6th seed in the West also. They are 2-3 games out of home court in the first round with a Rose return possibly next week, they can make some noise in the playoffs. What did you expect them to do without Rose?

But Derrick Rose isn't playing and considering how Shumpert has looked so far, I doubt if he'll be back with anything close to MVP or even allstar form this season. So, I don't know what they will be with Rose, but I do know that they are nothing but mediocre without him. They are just as interesting as the Hawks.

The facts are that this Bulls teams (without Rose) just got beat by 20 by Miami and then by 30 by OKC within a one week span. They are 6th in the East, behind the Hawks. Why aren't we talking about the Hawks as much as we're talking about the Bulls (and no, it's not because of Rose)?

This board has an obsession with the Bulls. They are over-rated beyond belief and considering the Knicks' history, its disgusting. I truly can't understand how self proclaimed "die-hard" Knicks fans can go on and on about the greatness of this 6th seed Bulls team. It's pathetic.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,490

Post#452 » by GONYK » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:12 pm

fdr2012 wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:It's nothing exciting but respectable considering they're without an MVP caliber player. They'd be around the 6th seed in the West also. They are 2-3 games out of home court in the first round with a Rose return possibly next week, they can make some noise in the playoffs. What did you expect them to do without Rose?

But Derrick Rose isn't playing and considering how Shumpert has looked so far, I doubt if he'll be back with anything close to MVP or even allstar form this season. So, I don't know what they will be with Rose, but I do know that they are nothing but mediocre without him. They are just as interesting as the Hawks.

The facts are that this Bulls teams (without Rose) just got beat by 20 by Miami and then by 30 by OKC within a one week span. They are 6th in the East, behind the Hawks. Why aren't we talking about the Hawks as much as we're talking about the Bulls (and no, it's not because of Rose)?

This board has an obsession with the Bulls. They are over-rated beyond belief and considering the Knicks' history, its disgusting. I truly can't understand how self proclaimed "die-hard" Knicks fans can go on and on about the greatness of this 6th seed Bulls team. It's pathetic.

I think it's because a lot of people, me included, have a coach crush on Thibs
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#453 » by fdr2012 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:45 pm

GONYK wrote:I think it's because a lot of people, me included, have a coach crush on Thibs

No argument here. The Bulls have definitely exceeded their potential during the regular season, though Thibs has yet to have post-season success with the Bulls and that's something that has been ignored.

All and all, this Bulls team (without Rose) is merely a 6th seed, with a worse record than the Hawks. It's a team headed towards a first round exit (just like last season) and there is absolutely nothing exciting about this team.

I can't even express how irritating this Bulls love fest on the KNICKS forum is. It would be the equivalent of turning on FOX News and hearing about how great is Al Qaeda and how awesome are the Ayatollahs. They are not good and they are not contenders. They are the f'ing 6th seed in the East. Behind the dysfunctional Nets and the skeleton crew Hawks. Really. Get over yourselves or go to the f'ing bulls board. Even there they don't think they're as good as some people here believe.
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#454 » by frizzledizzle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:50 pm

fdr2012 wrote:

No one is saying the Bulls are an amazing team without Rose. Everyone is saying it's impressive they're still sitting where they are without a former MVP. You do know they had the best record in the NBA with him back to back seasons prior to this season, right? The fact that you can't acknowledge sitting where they are in the standings without their MVP and how good they would be with him just makes you look ignorant.

The Knicks are a whopping 2.5 games better at the moment, that's hardly superior. You're so bias you point out the Bulls losing to the champions and the runner up from last season by 20 and 30 and what about the Knicks there, big guy? While the Bulls lost by 19 to the Heat, the Knicks lost by 14 to the Clippers. While the Bulls lost by 30 to the Thunder, the Knicks lost by 34 to the Pacers(without Granger). Heck, the Knicks scored 44 in the 1st half against the Pacers while the Pacers scored 44 in the 2nd quarter alone and were up by 30 at halftime. You don't need anyone to point out that the Heat and Thunder are better than the Clippers and Pacers. So by your logic, you shouldn't talk positively about the Knicks seeing as they've been losing just as badly to worse teams. If you're hanging your hat on being the 3 seed at the moment while the Bulls are 6th, don't. Only being apart by 2.5 games is so close in the standings you might as well consider them on par with each other.

It's astonishing how big of homer you are. Do you feel childish? I only ask because your way of thinking appears to be very childish and primitive. "I hate (blank team) so I refuse to acknowledge they're a solid team. Anyone who says something positive about them is stupid". That pretty much sums you up in one sentence. If you want to know what's pathetic, it's how worked up you get over the way others feel about a game and trying to force your way of thinking on them as if anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong for thinking the way they do. You're both illogical and irrational.
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man

Post#455 » by frizzledizzle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 pm

fdr2012 wrote:I can't even express how irritating this Bulls love fest on the KNICKS forum is. It would be the equivalent of turning on FOX News and hearing about how great is Al Qaeda and how awesome are the Ayatollahs. They are not good and they are not contenders. They are the f'ing 6th seed in the East. Behind the dysfunctional Nets and the skeleton crew Hawks. Really. Get over yourselves or go to the f'ing bulls board. Even there they don't think they're as good as some people here believe.

Like I said, you're irrational and not at all reasonable.

You're comparing a basketball team to a terrorist group.

That comparison is so outlandish and childish, I don't even know where to begin.
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man

Post#456 » by frizzledizzle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:57 pm

frizzledizzle wrote:
fdr2012 wrote:I can't even express how irritating this Bulls love fest on the KNICKS forum is. It would be the equivalent of turning on FOX News and hearing about how great is Al Qaeda and how awesome are the Ayatollahs. They are not good and they are not contenders. They are the f'ing 6th seed in the East. Behind the dysfunctional Nets and the skeleton crew Hawks. Really. Get over yourselves or go to the f'ing bulls board. Even there they don't think they're as good as some people here believe.

That comparison is so outlandish and childish, I don't even know where to begin.

I should also point out the irony of you telling others to get over themselves. You are the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black. You're flipping out on people telling them it's not right to think the way they do and they should leave if they don't agree with your way of thinking. You have a lot of issues, dude.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#457 » by fdr2012 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 pm

frizzledizzle wrote:
frizzledizzle wrote:

I should also point out the irony of you telling others to get over themselves. You are the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black. You're flipping out on people telling them it's not right to think the way they do and they should leave if they don't agree with your way of thinking. You have a lot of issues, dude.

You really don't get it do you? I've been a Knicks fan for over 30 year. Basically since I can remember myself. Being a fan of a team, any team, is completely irrational and completely emotional. A sports fan is irrational by definition.

As a Knicks fan who went through the 90's, I can tell you one thing - I freaking HATE the Chicago Bulls. For me, they are the sports-world equivalent of Al-Qaeda. I really can't see the point of watching 10 men in shorts, chasing an orange object, if you don't have an (irrational) emotional attachment to one of those teams.

So, I'm sorry to break it to you, but as a self-admitted irrational KNICKS fan, I will proudly proclaim again and again my utter disgust and hatred towards the Bulls franchise and my wishes (hopes) that they will continue to fail. I guess this means I have "issues", but I think I can proudly live with them. However, none of this changes the FACT that this Bull steam (without Rose) is a completely irrelevant 6th seed, which will go nowhere.

P.S Whether the Knicks are relevant or are contenders has nothing to do with this debate. The records speak for themselves.
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man

Post#458 » by frizzledizzle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm

fdr2012 wrote:You really don't get it do you? I've been a Knicks fan for over 30 year. Basically since I can remember myself. Being a fan of a team, any team, is completely irrational and completely emotional. A sports fan is irrational by definition.

As a Knicks fan who went through the 90's, I can tell you one thing - I freaking HATE the Chicago Bulls. For me, they are the sports-world equivalent of Al-Qaeda. I really can't see the point of watching 10 men in shorts, chasing an orange object, if you don't have an (irrational) emotional attachment to one of those teams.

So, I'm sorry to break it to you, but as a self-admitted irrational KNICKS fan, I will proudly proclaim again and again my utter disgust and hatred towards the Bulls franchise and my wishes (hopes) that they will continue to fail. I guess this means I have "issues", but I think I can proudly live with them. However, none of this changes the FACT that this Bull steam (without Rose) is a completely irrelevant 6th seed, which will go nowhere.

P.S Whether the Knicks are relevant or are contenders has nothing to do with this debate. The records speak for themselves.

I get it dude, I probably hate the Bulls more than you do seeing as I'm a Pacers fan and they play in the same division. But I'm willing to acknowledge they're a good team and what they're doing is impressive. You can hate a team and still respect what they're doing on the court.

I don't know how you can other teams are irrelevant when saying one team sucks and your team is on par with them. It's not like the standings are set in stone and a week ago the Knicks were the #2 seed while the Pacers were the #4 seed. That's how quickly things change so if records stand for themselves, I guess you're acknowledging the Pacers are better than the Knicks. Even though they weren't a week ago apparently.

Being a Knicks fan of 30 years as you claim to be, I don't know you can claim that records stand for themselves. For starters, teams have different schedules so if you have 3 more games against the Bobcats and Bulls have 3 more games against the Thunder or something, it's not as simple as saying records speak for themselves. But as a Knicks fan of all people, what about 1999? Funny how the #8 seed Knicks made it to the championship. That is definitive proof that standings don't speak for themselves. You've also got the #8 seed Nuggets and Warriors knocking off #1 seeds. There are teams with lesser records constantly knocking off higher seeded teams. There are so many variables as to why records are what they are. To flat out say standings speak for themselves is a lie.

The Knicks aren't the only New York team that is living breathing proof of a team is what there records says they are. How about the 9-7 Giants winning the Super Bowl? Or how about the 10-6 Giants beating the undefeated Patriots?

You can go right on ahead thinking whatever it is you believe but it doesn't mean other people are wrong for not having the same opinions and logic you do. I not only hate the Bulls as a division rival, I hate a lot of their players going back to their college days. I'm a Tennessee Vol fan and I absolutely loathe rival Memphis/Rose and rival Florida/Noah. I also hate Duke/Boozer/Deng in general. I'm with you on hoping the Bulls franchise falls apart and completely sucks. It doesn't mean I can't acknowledge they're a good enough ball club and would probably be the #2 seed ahead of my team and maybe even #1 seed if they had Rose. You saw the way the Cavs fell apart when Lebron left. With Rose, the Bulls had the best record in the entire league and being an MVP, I wouldn't put it past the Bulls being ahead of even the Heat with him.

And I still disagree with your assessment of comparing a team playing a game to a group committing murder. I take sports far too seriously but to have that much hate is a whole other level. Taking it that far almost makes me wonder if you not only wish injuries but death on players.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#459 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm

My eyes hurt.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#460 » by frogfood » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:29 pm

fdr2012 wrote: It would be the equivalent of turning on FOX News and hearing about how great is Al Qaeda and how awesome are the Ayatollahs.

LMAO

Return to New York Knicks