ImageImageImageImageImage

Thibs Got To Go

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Re: Thibs Got To Go 

Post#481 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:32 am

Thibs leading the charge of Knick vets into no man's land!

Knicks tank is destroyed!

NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#482 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:33 am

im usually not jumping on the coach as fast as the general sports world. but this is a really obvious case.

they had us fooled last year, that he changed his ways and is trying to become a modern coach. but what hes doing this season is just a complete ****. the season was over a month ago if not earlier. its time to unleash the young guys. especially since most of them didnt look too bad when they actually got a chance.

i honestly dont know what hes talkin about "you gotta earn your minutes". what are these guys doing during practice, etc. that we all cant see? because when i watch those young guys play, they definitley earned their shot.

its hard to say for me, because i really love the thibs of last year. but he must go
im bout dat action boss
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,452

Post#483 » by Oscirus » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:53 am

remember when thibs was going from team to team and studying coaching philosophies? What happened to that guy?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
KNICKS007
Sophomore
And1: 138

Post#484 » by KNICKS007 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:25 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:im usually not jumping on the coach as fast as the general sports world. but this is a really obvious case.

they had us fooled last year, that he changed his ways and is trying to become a modern coach. but what hes doing this season is just a complete ****. the season was over a month ago if not earlier. its time to unleash the young guys. especially since most of them didnt look too bad when they actually got a chance.

i honestly dont know what hes talkin about "you gotta earn your minutes". what are these guys doing during practice, etc. that we all cant see? because when i watch those young guys play, they definitley earned their shot.

its hard to say for me, because i really love the thibs of last year. but he must go

You ever go some where and continually get good service, and then one day you go and have a terrible experience and vow never to go back, despite the dozens of times you had a good experience.

Well that's how the treatment for THIBS seems to be going, because why is the one bad season out weighing the one good season.

Thibs did not have the dudes he had last yr (payton, noel, rose, Bullocks) and that's has to be considered, and if you think he needs to go because he didn't give a couple of 2nd round picks (sims and mcbride) more minutes, then you will have problems with a lot of coaches.

He absolutely deserves a another full season with an upgrade roster
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#485 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:35 pm

KNICKS007 wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:im usually not jumping on the coach as fast as the general sports world. but this is a really obvious case.

You ever go some where and continually get good service, and then one day you go and have a terrible experience and vow never to go back, despite the dozens of times you had a good experience.

Well that's how the treatment for THIBS seems to be going, because why is the one bad season out weighing the one good season.

Thibs did not have the dudes he had last yr (payton, noel, rose, Bullocks) and that's has to be considered, and if you think he needs to go because he didn't give a couple of 2nd round picks (sims and mcbride) more minutes, then you will have problems with a lot of coaches.

like i said in my post, im usually not someone that jumps on the coach that quick. and i agree with you to some extend. but if you ask me, the way thibs reacts this year. how we got so bad on defense, rotations (not only for mcbride/sims), X and O's in general it just seems like he lost the locker room.

IDC if its the personell, the philosophy or whatever. when a coach loses the locker room, theres no turning back and move on. or get rid of the roster and do a complete overhaul.

you really think we are upgrading the roster? who are we signing?

oh and also, your analogy is weak af. its not like thibs braught us 20 years of success. its more like, i went to a restaurant for years because its convinient but the food is kinda meh for the most part. but that one time (last year knicks) the food was amazing. So i decided to go there again with the expectation of getting great food. you how this story ends
im bout dat action boss
strummer
Junior
And1: 440

Post#486 » by strummer » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:37 pm

KNICKS007 wrote:

Terrible analogy. This implies Thibs this year is an anomaly and equates W/L as the sole measure of Thibs performance.

Thibs has continually played poorly performing veterans over younger talent.
Thibs has continually enabled the worst of Randle's actions, play and behaviors - all while preaching "accountability". So it seems only the young guys are accountable.
Thibs' knee-jerk reactions - e.g. Payton started all last year (an issue in itself) then benches him for the playoffs, the Kemba Walker saga this year.
Thibs has shown who he is throughout his career. There is nothing he is doing differently this year than he has in the past. It has just become obvious he isn't the best fit for the current situation.
KNICKS007
Sophomore
And1: 138

Post#487 » by KNICKS007 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:27 pm

strummer wrote:
KNICKS007 wrote:

Terrible analogy. This implies Thibs this year is an anomaly and equates W/L as the sole measure of Thibs performance.

Thibs has continually played poorly performing veterans over younger talent.
Thibs has continually enabled the worst of Randle's actions, play and behaviors - all while preaching "accountability". So it seems only the young guys are accountable.
Thibs' knee-jerk reactions - e.g. Payton started all last year (an issue in itself) then benches him for the playoffs, the Kemba Walker saga this year.
Thibs has shown who he is throughout his career. There is nothing he is doing differently this year than he has in the past. It has just become obvious he isn't the best fit for the current situation.

We have 5 rotational players (mitch, obi, IQ, grimes, RJ) under rookie contracts. That proves he does play young GOOD players

Has obi or sims out played Randle

Has Mcbride out played burks.

Cam can't stay healthy enough to save his own career

Maybe there were a few games he could have given mcbride and simms more minutes, but it wasn't like those guys were lottery picks.

When you start benching veteran players for young players, how does the look for veteran FA, or veteran stars who request trades.

We control Mcbride and Sims future for the next 2 seasons, and considering we have no cap space to upgrade, thier future might be on another team anyway
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,094

Post#488 » by GettinitDone » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:01 am

If Thibs is fired somehow, I think the Lakers will be interested in him. Maybe that's the only way he "participates" in his own firing.

He only played the kids because all vets got injured or went psycho (Randle).
strummer
Junior
And1: 440

Post#489 » by strummer » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:16 am

GettinitDone wrote:If Thibs is fired somehow, I think the Lakers will be interested in him. Maybe that's the only way he "participates" in his own firing.

Maybe the Lakers could do a sign and trade of Vogel for Thibs. Knicks could throw in Randle.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 12,034

Post#490 » by Jay10 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:48 am

Oscirus wrote:remember when thibs was going from team to team and studying coaching philosophies? What happened to that guy?

Remember David Fizdale did the same thing before he became the Knicks' head coach?
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,350

Post#491 » by GEOLINK » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:04 am

Oscirus wrote:remember when thibs was going from team to team and studying coaching philosophies? What happened to that guy?

He was probably lobbying for a HC job.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,094

Post#492 » by GettinitDone » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:38 am

strummer wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:If Thibs is fired somehow, I think the Lakers will be interested in him. Maybe that's the only way he "participates" in his own firing.

Maybe the Lakers could do a sign and trade of Vogel for Thibs. Knicks could throw in Randle.

Ship sailed, Lakers fired him. But they could hire Nurse and do that trade with us :D
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#493 » by PeteW » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:50 am

Thibs and his vet fetish is perfect for the Lakers being that their roster is nothing but washed up old geezers.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,985
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#494 » by will » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:58 am

Good grief, this Thibs/Knicks partnership has to end. Expeditiously.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,284

Post#495 » by seren » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:51 pm

Jimmy Butler is averaging less than 34 mpg in Miami - a contender. Lowest he averaged under Thibs was 37. If Thibs is here to stay, someone in FO needs to dictate him minutes. His rotations are beyond awful.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,607

Post#496 » by Fat Kat » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:37 pm

This is a good thread

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,129

Post#497 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:26 pm

If this stat doesnt say it all. For the month of March Burks played more minutes than any other player in the league. Thibs really got to go.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,324

Post#498 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Fat Kat wrote:This is a good thread

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thibs is garbage. What coach runs Burks at PG full time? :nonono:

These games are during a stretch when everyone and their mom in the sports world was calling for Obi to get an increased role....but did it happen?

Nope. More short-leash mind game tactics for Obi from a trash coach with an antiquated style.

All the while rewarding Randle's absolutely dreadful effort and production. Disgusting. I want Thibs fired yesterday.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,315

Post#499 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to New York Knicks