ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official KP Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,412

Re: KP's A Maverick And I Spoke It Into Existence 

Post#521 » by Phish Tank » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:32 pm

Stannis wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
good scorer, good defender. i hope mavs fan know even though he's 7'3", he's a small forward.

That was my biggest issue with him. It's hard to build around a 7'3" small forward

and not a strong or fast one either.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#522 » by blueNorange » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:38 pm

Stannis wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
good scorer, good defender. i hope mavs fan know even though he's 7'3", he's a small forward.

That was my biggest issue with him. It's hard to build around a 7'3" small forward

with the mavs they can get away with it because luka is an elite rebounder.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,283

Post#523 » by dakomish23 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 8:18 pm

The next game thread is gonna be fantastic
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Loisl
Veteran
And1: 206

Post#524 » by Loisl » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:07 pm

So they say we should have treated him like a superstar by employing his own physiotherapist, which indeed would have been a minor and easy accommodation. Yet they seem to forget, that we managed to draft his best friend, which was more difficult to accomplish. I know we suck, but sheeesh... :rolleyes:
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#525 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,577

Post#526 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:16 pm

LibertyKnicks00 wrote:Once the KP honeymoon is over after a year or two, he won’t be as highly thought of. He’ll never be efficient and no matter how “strong” he gets, his joints will never able to handle it

Until he breaks like a bread stick again, there will be plenty of moaning about letting him get away.

Afterwards, those moaners will move on to the next thing to moan about while ducking any acknowledgment of the obvious physical frailty of KP and how it was never to going to end well for any franchise maxing him out.

It is going to happen. KP is not going to be durable enough to move the needle for any franchise long-term.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#527 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:18 pm

Loisl wrote:So they say we should have treated him like a superstar by employing his own physiotherapist, which indeed would have been a minor and easy accommodation. Yet they seem to forget, that we managed to draft his best friend, which was more difficult to accomplish. I know we suck, but sheeesh... :rolleyes:

Cuban consented to the JWO demand for an Unlimited Hookers & Blow Clause in KP's contract.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,634

Post#528 » by DaGawd » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:18 pm

So much for Mitch guarding KP eh
BaF
Washington Wizards
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#529 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:20 pm

Stannis wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

though you could still build a pillow fort around him
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,703

Post#530 » by Fat Kat » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

When I knew he was a punkazzbiatch.

Read on Twitter

When he posted that, he had no plans to play at all. Passive aggressive punk behavior. That was before the alleged rape and bar fight.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#531 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:01 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
LibertyKnicks00 wrote:Once the KP honeymoon is over after a year or two, he won’t be as highly thought of. He’ll never be efficient and no matter how “strong” he gets, his joints will never able to handle it

Until he breaks like a bread stick again, there will be plenty of moaning about letting him get away.

Afterwards, those moaners will move on to the next thing to moan about while ducking any acknowledgment of the obvious physical frailty of KP and how it was never to going to end well for any franchise maxing him out.

It is going to happen. KP is not going to be durable enough to move the needle for any franchise long-term.

You must really hate seeing Mitch having an injury after an injury..
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#532 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:52 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

You must really hate seeing Mitch having an injury after an injury..

Indeed. Praying he's not brittle too which would be unfortunate
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,685

Post#533 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:55 pm

Another one stranded on Isaac Island :D
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,685

Post#534 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

They tried to trade him and he caught wind and flipped. It's not that hard to figure out. That's why we're pissed at the Spurs now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,046

Post#535 » by Sark » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:28 am

Fat Kat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

When I knew he was a punkazzbiatch.

Read on Twitter

When he posted that, he had no plans to play at all. Passive aggressive punk behavior. That was before the alleged rape and bar fight.

The moment he decided to not play at all was when they didn't give him his contract extension, after Booker and KAT got their's. No player in their right mind would come back, after proving to be an All Star, and play the final year of a rookie contract on a repaired knee, with no guarantees for anything past that.

I thought that was pretty self evident. :dontknow:
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 11,006

Post#536 » by Swish1906 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:30 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
GONYK wrote:If KP was so happy, why did he have a list of 4 teams that he wanted to go to?

It's all irrelevant though. I think the FO soured on him long before he made the decision to sour on us.

Maybe from when Phil shopped him around?

The famous five minutes meeting with the ending that KP asked out and the Knicks had to trade him...i mean, the version Mills tried so hard to spin it that way.

Did any journalist in NV ever asked Mills why they were allready negotiating with Donnie Nelson for almost 48 hours prior to this meeting? Donnie told later that he flew in early to NY and that the whole KP trade talk went over two full days.

Mills decided looong before this meeting to trade KP. My money is that the only reason for that fake ass meeting was so that Mills could later paint KP as the one pushing for the trade and "asking out" in this meeting, blackmailing the Knicks blabla.

I get why Knicks fans are pissed about KP etc but amazing how Mills gets away with this bs. Dude is the biggest frontoffice joke in the entire NBA...i really hope the Knicks are able to do the Clippers Sterling-Ballmer transformation. But for this the two muppets Dolan/Mills really have to go and that is probably mission impossible..
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,452

Post#537 » by Oscirus » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:30 am

Swish1906 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
GONYK wrote:If KP was so happy, why did he have a list of 4 teams that he wanted to go to?

It's all irrelevant though. I think the FO soured on him long before he made the decision to sour on us.

The famous five minutes meeting with the ending that KP asked out and the Knicks had to trade him...i mean, the version Mills tried so hard to spin it that way.

Did any journalist in NV ever asked Mills why they were allready negotiating with Donnie Nelson for almost 48 hours prior to this meeting? Donnie told later that he flew in early to NY and that the whole KP trade talk went over two full days.

Mills decided looong before this meeting to trade KP. My money is that the only reason for that fake ass meeting was so that Mills could later paint KP as the one pushing for the trade and "asking out" in this meeting, blackmailing the Knicks blabla.

I get why Knicks fans are pissed about KP etc but amazing how Mills gets away with this bs. Dude is the biggest frontoffice joke in the entire NBA...i really hope the Knicks are able to do the Clippers Sterling-Ballmer transformation. But for this the two muppets Dolan/Mills really have to go and that is probably mission impossible..

Mills is full of **** and unpopular here as well. But the trade request was made through Janis before that meeting. Point of that final meeting was to see if he changed his mind. When it was obvious he didn't they went through with it.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,046

Post#538 » by Sark » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:11 am

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#539 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:41 am

Swish1906 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

This information has been out there for months now. They basically agreed to a deal the night of the DSJ triple double in the Garden, but they wanted to speak to KP because Janis had requested a meeting. JWO walked into the meeting, reiterated the trade demand, gave the Knicks his 4 team list, and the Knicks had what they needed to feel comfortable finalizing the agreed upon deal with DAL. It's all in this Stein piece.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/06/sports/basketball/porzingis-mavericks-knicks.html

It turns out that the Knicks spent much of January quietly canvassing the league for potential Porzingis deals, according to a person familiar with the talks who was not authorized to discuss them publicly. They tried — unsuccessfully — to trade for untouchables such as Utah’s Donovan Mitchell and Sacramento’s De’Aaron Fox.

The Mavericks’ interest in Porzingis has been an open secret to the Knicks for years. One Mavericks official estimated that Dallas approached the Knicks “about a hundred times” before the team ever showed any willingness to discuss trading him.

The Knicks, for their part, had expressed interest in Smith all season. The teams, according to two people with knowledge of their talks, also had been discussing a Hardaway-for-Matthews trade for weeks before Jan. 28, which both sides pinpoint as the first date the Knicks were open to discussing a Porzingis blockbuster.

The parties, as a result, did not need long to build a trade framework.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,542

Post#540 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:56 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

This information has been out there for months now. They basically agreed to a deal the night of the DSJ triple double in the Garden, but they wanted to speak to KP because Janis had requested a meeting. JWO walked into the meeting, reiterated the trade demand, gave the Knicks his 4 team list, and the Knicks had what they needed to feel comfortable finalizing the agreed upon deal with DAL. It's all in this Stein piece.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/06/sports/basketball/porzingis-mavericks-knicks.html

It turns out that the Knicks spent much of January quietly canvassing the league for potential Porzingis deals, according to a person familiar with the talks who was not authorized to discuss them publicly. They tried — unsuccessfully — to trade for untouchables such as Utah’s Donovan Mitchell and Sacramento’s De’Aaron Fox.

The Mavericks’ interest in Porzingis has been an open secret to the Knicks for years. One Mavericks official estimated that Dallas approached the Knicks “about a hundred times” before the team ever showed any willingness to discuss trading him.

The Knicks, for their part, had expressed interest in Smith all season. The teams, according to two people with knowledge of their talks, also had been discussing a Hardaway-for-Matthews trade for weeks before Jan. 28, which both sides pinpoint as the first date the Knicks were open to discussing a Porzingis blockbuster.

The parties, as a result, did not need long to build a trade framework.

There has been reporting refuting that, saying that we called the meeting, asked KP to commit and he wouldn't, saying he was considering going to Spain.

Then we said we would trade him and he gave a list.

We threw the list in the trash.

Return to New York Knicks