ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Nets PG - we suck again

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Re: Knicks Nets PG - we suck again 

Post#521 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 am

nedleeds wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

We thoroughly botched this pick, had we taken Haliburton he'd already be in the starting lineup, we needed a point guard, he was the best one on the board. Now, we're hoping Obi may be able to come off the bench and give us a spark, that is a failure in the draft process.
Haliburton doesn't start in Sac. Why would he start here? And he only kinda plays point guard in Sac. Really just swings the ball and shoots the kick out because Fox or Hield take up all the attention.

I like him but this would be a bad situation for him.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

If Frank was healthy would he be starting over Elfrid Payton? Would Haliburton be starting over Payton? There is no merit, skill or development reason for Elfrid Payton to play a minute for any team not based in China.
Frank was healthy to start the season and didn't play too long.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Re: Knicks Nets PG - we suck again 

Post#522 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:47 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

We thoroughly botched this pick, had we taken Haliburton he'd already be in the starting lineup, we needed a point guard, he was the best one on the board. Now, we're hoping Obi may be able to come off the bench and give us a spark, that is a failure in the draft process.
Haliburton doesn't start in Sac. Why would he start here? And he only kinda plays point guard in Sac. Really just swings the ball and shoots the kick out because Fox or Hield take up all the attention.

I like him but this would be a bad situation for him.

Why would he start here? Because we don't have Fox or Buddy Hield playing for us Who would he have to beat out here, Payton or Bullock? There's virtually no chance Burks would get his starting job back if Haliburton got to play all of Bullocks minutes here and his on/off numbers vs Payton would be shocking.

Any version of Haliburton starting at PG is better than Payton, and he can play along side him as well. You're kidding yourself if you don't think he would start.
I don't know that Thibs would start him. Not sure. Is Haliburton better than Payton? Sure. I still don't know that Thibs starts a rookie. That's what I meant by ... does he start here?

Return to New York Knicks