ImageImageImageImageImage

THE BEAS IS COMING TO NYC

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Re: THE BEAS IS COMING TO NYC 

Post#541 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:13 am

GONYK wrote:
Agreed, plus I don't know why people care about what is essentially an extra $2M. You can't really do anything with that amount.

You should earn your contract. Ron Baker didn't earn 9 million dollars. Whether it means nothing against the cap or not... The Knicks just made Ron Baker one of the Richest people in America when he should have been in the d league last season.

Ron Baker did and showed a lot less then Toney Douglas did in his rookie year. I hope Baker performs to the contract, but even if he does, he should have never been offered that kind of contract. Makes 0 sense. Hes making more money then Derrick Rose and Beasley combined. Both players are a lot more accomplished in their NBA careers.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,029

Post#542 » by Fat » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:21 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:‘Walking bucket’ Beasley is tired of not getting enough respect.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/walking-bucket-michael-beasley-is-tired-of-not-getting-any-respect/

this might be a glorious tank year
This is the Hill we die on
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#543 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:30 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Agreed, plus I don't know why people care about what is essentially an extra $2M. You can't really do anything with that amount.

You should earn your contract. Ron Baker didn't earn 9 million dollars. Whether it means nothing against the cap or not... The Knicks just made Ron Baker one of the Richest people in America when he should have been in the d league last season.

Ron Baker did and showed a lot less then Toney Douglas did in his rookie year. I hope Baker performs to the contract, but even if he does, he should have never been offered that kind of contract. Makes 0 sense. Hes making more money then Derrick Rose and Beasley combined. Both players are a lot more accomplished in their NBA careers.

He absolutely earned that money. He was our best PG last year in the sense of what the team wants to do. His stats mean nothing. When his shot comes around as he improves abd gets nore confident/comfortable...he'll be worth that money. I can't imagine he forgot how to shoot. He was in and out of the rotation all year. He will have steady minutes as a combo guard this year. His contract is not even worth discussing.
:beer: RIP mags
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#544 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:46 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

He absolutely earned that money. He was our best PG last year in the sense of what the team wants to do. His stats mean nothing. When his shot comes around as he improves abd gets nore confident/comfortable...he'll be worth that money. I can't imagine he forgot how to shoot. He was in and out of the rotation all year. He will have steady minutes as a combo guard this year. His contract is not even worth discussing.

stop.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#545 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 am

Only two rules for next year:

1) All our draft picks average at least 15 mpg
2) Porzingis averages at least 15 shots per game

Beasley can throw up everything else.
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,973

Post#546 » by Strick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 am

Been a min since I've seen Beas in action. The boy still got bounce? I see no reason why realistically he couldn't be a player with a DWill type impact for the team.

Man, I remember Beas in college, that boy was a problem
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|___|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|___|Walker
C: SenGOON|____|____
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,355

Post#547 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 am

I have this funny feeling that the Walking Bucket and Timmy will fuq up KP's development.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,307

Post#548 » by Kampuchea » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 am

ImageImage
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,286

Post#549 » by FreeSpiritNY » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:35 am

this is going to be a high octane offense with Frank, THJR, Beasley, KP & willy reminds me of the suns lol .

I really hope melo is gone because I would love to see just a all out offensive attack. I love defense but hey if were gonna loose lets make it fun not a elfin idiot who holds the balls studded steps and misses 14 times AKA MELO
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#550 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

stop.

Why stop there? You left out the rest of the sentence. Nice try. You STOP.
:beer: RIP mags
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#551 » by louieOrr » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:40 pm

sooooo looks like Rambis is staying I guess?

http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/walking-bucket-michael-beasley-is-tired-of-not-getting-any-respect/

Knicks assistant coach Kurt Rambis coached Beasley in the triangle offense with the Timberwolves in 2010-11, giving him a career-high 73 starts. Rambis phoned the free agent in mid-July. It’s an indication some triangle principles could remain in Jeff Hornacek’s new attack.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#552 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Kampuchea wrote:ImageImage

:lol:

Walking bucket
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,464
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#553 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:29 pm

louieOrr wrote:sooooo looks like Rambis is staying I guess?

Knicks assistant coach Kurt Rambis coached Beasley in the triangle offense with the Timberwolves in 2010-11, giving him a career-high 73 starts. Rambis phoned the free agent in mid-July. It’s an indication some triangle principles could remain in Jeff Hornacek’s new attack.

We don't know yet. I think he will stay, because Hornacek seems to believe he's a good defensive coach, but let's not get carried away extrapolating from what Berman says. As you know, he puts things in his articles to create controversy and get clicks, and he knows Rambis is a hot button issue for fans. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that he gave more prominence than it deserved to a minor comment Beas made.

We don't know how much Beas will contribute to the team this year, with or without Melo. Even though we can't expect this, it's nice to imagine Beast mode Beas, right?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#554 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 pm

TheExpat wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
BenLaw wrote:
Thank goodness! Everything in this piece is what I've been stating for the past five years now.

Hi ballboy! :wave:

It would be so nice if this were true, but it was written by Berman.

So we won't believe it unless we see it.

The good parts of the article are the Beas quotes, so unless Berman is purposefully misquoting him, you can probably stop throwing your 'head coach' status around with such temerity.

If you'd only wanted to discuss the merits of the article, I'd have done so. But your reply does not deserve further comments on the merits of what you said.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,887

Post#555 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Oh man

The beas is gonna bring some laughs this year
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,516

Post#556 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:I have this funny feeling that the Walking Bucket and Timmy will fuq up KP's development.

kp is gonna have to demand the ball and prove he deserves it. or yes, guys like timmy and beasley will get more shots up then him. it's really up to him. the kid has to step up.
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Post#557 » by louieOrr » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:57 pm

BKlutch wrote:
louieOrr wrote:sooooo looks like Rambis is staying I guess?

We don't know yet. I think he will stay, because Hornacek seems to believe he's a good defensive coach, but let's not get carried away extrapolating from what Berman says. As you know, he puts things in his articles to create controversy and get clicks, and he knows Rambis is a hot button issue for fans. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that he gave more prominence than it deserved to a minor comment Beas made.

We don't know how much Beas will contribute to the team this year, with or without Melo. Even though we can't expect this, it's nice to imagine Beast mode Beas, right?

I agree

Verman was clearly being inflammatory going there with the Triangle Principals.

I think we can extrapolate from the article that Rambis seems to be staying on, which is a bit of a surprise to me.

Yes, It is nice to imagine him at his full potential :)
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Post#558 » by louieOrr » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:01 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:I have this funny feeling that the Walking Bucket and Timmy will fuq up KP's development.

kp is gonna have to demand the ball and prove he deserves it. or yes, guys like timmy and beasley will get more shots up then him. it's really up to him. the kid has to step up.

That's right.

He has to be an Alpha
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#559 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:04 pm

louieOrr wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

That's right.

He has to be an Alpha

And like we've seen in the FIBA games, when KP is running towards the basket and has an easy dunk or layup, both Timmy, Frank, and even Mr. Walking Basket need to pass to him to take advantage. I saw many times last year when he was open and wanted the ball, but DRose never thought of passing. I think that's a major reason he's playing for the minimum in Cleveland instead of returning here.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,516

Post#560 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:33 pm

BKlutch wrote:
louieOrr wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

That's right.

He has to be an Alpha

And like we've seen in the FIBA games, when KP is running towards the basket and has an easy dunk or layup, both Timmy, Frank, and even Mr. Walking Basket need to pass to him to take advantage. I saw many times last year when he was open and wanted the ball, but DRose never thought of passing. I think that's a major reason he's playing for the minimum in Cleveland instead of returning here.

those guys are not point guards. setting up kp is not gonna be their first instinct. the knicks needed to get one but didn't. it's gonna be up to the rookie.

Return to New York Knicks