ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Knox: keep him or not?

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Kevin Knox

Keep him for 1 more year to evaluate him then
75%
Trade him for a late 1st pick or to get a veteran.
25%

Total votes: 63

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,566

Re: Kevin Knox: keep him or not? 

Post#61 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:47 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:He didnt have a good adaptation in NBA game after 2 seasons, his salary is relative High, and he was a reach and a misjudgement from the start (should be drafted after 15th). I think we could find a player with similar potential with a late pfirst pick.

i agree he was a reach, but also he was arguably the most talented/highest potential available at that point. i get the idea of swinging for the fences in terms of talent. people like me who wanted mikal were being more conservative and seeking high floor contribution. (though i even warmed up on kev as the draft got closer.) some of us were intrigued by SGA, but i can't recall too many who saw his massive glow up coming. i actually remember people feeling "too many franks" back then when his name came up.

I was a SGA guy but i have no issue admitting that i didn't see his massive glow coming as soon as his rookie year like it did. I'll just throw in here that i also wanted D.Mitchell in the Frankie draft but i still like Frank and hope we stick with him cause i believe in what i saw from him the last few weeks of the season when you could see he found his confidence in himself. So if i was our GM i'd have our back court set with SGA and Mitchell......Just sayin.

With Knox we gotta keep the kid and play the kid. We need to get some coaches that will get behind this kid and get him some workout partners that will beat the hell out of him in practice to toughen him up.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,069

Post#62 » by Guano » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:18 am

this question reminds me of my mate that doesn't like his girl but doesn't have any better options.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,650

Post#63 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:51 am

No point in trading him right now at his lowest value. Give him some consistent run and make a decision at the deadline.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,483

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:10 am

Guano wrote:this question reminds me of my mate that doesn't like his girl but doesn't have any better options.

Does she have three point range?

Just asking for a team
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 410

Post#65 » by Houston99 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:24 am

If the right trade comes a long I would trade him no problem but for now he can stay.
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#66 » by sims » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:12 am

NYKat wrote:Knox is only still here because physically and athletically he has all the tools

but as far as skills and between the ears, it don't look too good...

I'm over him, but obviously we want to be smart about it.

he has the measurables but he's not a great athlete and looks and moves like an overgrown 14-year old.

two years away from being two years away prospects have no business being taken in the lottery, let alone the top 10.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,659

Post#67 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:44 am

sims wrote:
NYKat wrote:Knox is only still here because physically and athletically he has all the tools

but as far as skills and between the ears, it don't look too good...

I'm over him, but obviously we want to be smart about it.

he has the measurables but he's not a great athlete and looks and moves like an overgrown 14-year old.

two years away from being two years away prospects have no business being taken in the lottery, let alone the top 10.

Not a good athlete? :lol:

Are you related to Sy Sims the old guy with the late night TV commercials who sold suits?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/4/27/11506784/kevin-knox-recruiting-duke-kentucky-north-carolina-nike

Kevin Knox always had the bloodlines. His father was a wide receiver on Florida State's 1994 national championship team and a sixth-round NFL draft pick. His mother played volleyball for the Seminoles.

Knox was destined to be a great athlete from the start. He just didn't know which sport it would be in.

Knox enrolled at Tampa Catholic as a high school freshman mostly known as a quarterback. At 6'4, he had NFL size for the position at 13 years old. He started on varsity as a sophomore and was considered an ESPN top 150 recruit as an "athlete." He says he can throw a football 65 or 70 yards.

The only thing working against Knox's football career is that he just kept growing.

"At the end of the day, it's about physical dimensions," his father Kevin Knox Sr., an assistant coach with Each 1 Teach 1, told SB Nation. "Peyton Manning is 6'6. Cam Newton is 6'5. You don't have too many 6'8 QBs. He's still 16 years old. He'll probably be 6'10 with a size 19 or 20 shoe. That doesn't necessarily equate to a quarterback in the NFL, but those dimensions do translate to a possible NBA player."

Knox made the decision to give up football for good as a junior. It's looking like an increasingly smart choice.

Knox's final season of grassroots ball is just beginning, but he's already acing the transition from a role player to a star. After averaging 8.5 points per game last year, he put up 21.7 points and seven rebounds at the first circuit stop of the season in Brooklyn.

At stop No. 2 in Indiana this past weekend, Knox posted 25 points and 13 rebounds against Boo Williams and 24 points against Houston Hoops in a marquee matchup with fellow five-star wing Jarred Vanderbilt.

This is all happening so fast that it's easy for the mind to start to wonder. Knox is clearly one of the best runners and jumpers in the class of 2017. Now he's slowly developing into one of the best basketball players, too.

"Every coach has told me I'm positionless," Knox told SB Nation. "They want me to play an all around type of game. I can play pretty much 1-5."
Free Palestine
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,557

Post#68 » by Zenzibar » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:16 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Guano wrote:this question reminds me of my mate that doesn't like his girl but doesn't have any better options.

Does she have three point range?

Just asking for a team

Heard her handle is not that great.
Stop All Genocides

Return to New York Knicks