ImageImageImageImageImage

Ian Begly- “ I think you’re gonna see a heavy veteran presence on the Knicks next year

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,199

Re: Ian Begly- “ I think you’re gonna see a heavy veteran presence on the Knicks next year 

Post#61 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Melo is out since he lost weight. We are looking for some heavy vets

Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Re: Ian Begly- “ I think you’re gonna see a heavy veteran presence on the Knicks next year 

Post#62 » by Jay10 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:What is Begley basing that on? Why would they bring people like Perrin in if they were going to go all vet?

Scott Perry or someone he and Mills hired is feeding Ian information, and it seems like Ian doesn't care that most of these people will be fired, as long as he has an article/video available to use as filler until the head coach decision is made or the NBA resumes.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,712

Post#63 » by rajajackal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:52 pm

taj, melo, and a veteran guard should all definitely be on the team next year. we need vets who can lead, but are past their prime and willing to step aside if/when necessary
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#64 » by bigfnjoe96 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:00 pm

All good teams have a mixture of good vets and youngens. This team needs vets in the locker room.

(Look at GSW 2015 roster) Bogut, Iggy, Barbosa, Speigths, D, Lee)

Vets like Taj are ideal. Good locker room guy and a professional both on and off the court.

The issue is, what vets will be willing to come here without us having to over pay them.

Ideally I would keep Bullock and Taj. Of course asking Taj to take less money and bring Sweet Melon home to start

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,232

Post#65 » by Reign23 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:12 pm

I'm hoping we pair CP3 and Melo with RJ, Mitch, Frank and our Top Pick.
formerly known as knickst4pe
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#66 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:14 pm

rajajackal wrote:taj, melo, and a veteran guard should all definitely be on the team next year. we need vets who can lead, but are past their prime and willing to step aside if/when necessary

Melo still wants to play a lot.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by rajajackal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:38 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
rajajackal wrote:taj, melo, and a veteran guard should all definitely be on the team next year. we need vets who can lead, but are past their prime and willing to step aside if/when necessary

and he still can. i'd be willing to start him at the 4 - he's a great fit there. he'd just have to be willing to play fewer minutes, and hold the ball way less. tbh, Thibs is the only coaching candidate i can see getting someone like Melo to play their role for the team.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,586

Post#68 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you, Rick Brunson.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,031

Post#69 » by 8516knicks » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:+1 for a Jason Kidd/Pablo Prigioni backcourt

Knicks to go all out with Howie Komives and John Starks backcourt!
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,031

Post#70 » by 8516knicks » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

Well, as DT would say, in that case there's always "CHYNA"!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,487

Post#71 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:49 pm

8516knicks wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:+1 for a Jason Kidd/Pablo Prigioni backcourt

Knicks to go all out with Howie Komives and John Starks backcourt!

I say we reanimate George Mikan
rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by rajajackal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Melo is 36. by the time our young guys will have the right to take away his minutes, he'll have no right to complain. the contingent elements in taking Melo back should be veteran guard presence and disciplined coaching
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#73 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Bringing back Melo? You guys are tripping. He was a trash leader and ball hog when he was here and you're acting like he is going to mentor young players on how to play the game within a team concept? GTFO

Spoiler:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,387

Post#74 » by F N 11 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Melo is established. He is not going to step aside for RJ Barrett im sorry. Been through this before with KP. I would love Melo back as the go to scorer off the bench but it wont happen.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,229

Post#75 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:We need vets, problem is we haven’t had the good type of vets since J-Kidd, Pablo, Sheed, Kurt and Camby.

We need vets who know who they are, and who can play off the ball to let the young guys shine. We don’t need vets to take the ball away from our young players’ hands, that makes no sense whatsoever.

F Payton, F Bullock, those are fake vets. They’re really just positioning themselves for their next check. Randle can go too, but I’m willing to give him another chance.

I can only empathize with one of Randle, Wiseman and Ayton. You choose.

Randle cause a he a Knick
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,229

Post#76 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:26 pm

I rather see Melo on a contender but bringing him back as a mentor is not the worst thing at all. Portland loves him
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#77 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:32 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Begley is just putting out ideas to keep a paycheck coming in.

prefer not to be totalling negative...but hiring a former agent, all signs point to a vet coach like Thibs, talks about trading for a establish star.

All signs keep leading down a specific type of road which has some people worried, and rightfully so because this is how the knicks have operated over the last 2 decades.

Thanks for proving my point. You could work for SNY too! :lol: Just like he says Thibs is frontrunner according to sauces but...if they don't hire Thibs...they will most likely go with Kidd/Woodson/Atkinson/yada/yada/yada. He's throwing shyt at the wall to get a paycheck. Can't read anything extra into it. No one is telling him a damn thing. Berman is his source! :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,009

Post#78 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:Image

Lmfao dude. Without any words typed youve just become MVP (most valuable poster) of 2020.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#79 » by Gravy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:52 pm

They'll probably bring back Payton, Bullock and Taj. If the kids cant outplay those guys AGAIN then they should follow Trier out the door.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#80 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Gravy wrote:They'll probably bring back Payton, Bullock and Taj. If the kids cant outplay those guys AGAIN then they should follow Trier out the door.

Though I could be wrong, I cannot see what justification there would be for Payton to return.

Taj is actually the right kind of veteran mentor to have around. Bullock could have something to contribute off the bench.

Return to New York Knicks