ImageImageImageImageImage

*Top Player* Workout Results @ Orlando PreDraft Camp

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#61 » by moocow007 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 3:06 pm

JAX wrote:any one think that Bayless just knows he is going to the Sonics? If so why have to impress. It would be either Sonics and Minny and we have not heard on thing of him going ot Minny.

Maybe because he really doesn't want to go to Oklahoma City (future home of the Sonics)? :D

The more I think about it I think I see Lopez slipping to CHA b/c they have enough athletes and scorers and just need a solid bigman to go next to Okafur, sort of like Kaman and Brand.

I will still stand by that dream I had before the lottery. Half of it (the Knicks ending up with the 6th overall pick) has already come true.
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#62 » by sims » Sun Jun 1, 2008 3:14 pm

Retired Jersey wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Arthur measures in at 6'10" w/ shoes then I'd think about maybe taking him.

If Mayo/Bayless don't drop I think we'll be looking at the following players with the 6th pick:

Gallinari
Gordon
Randolph
Arthur
Jordan

arthur doesn't seem to play consistently enough to warrant that high of a pick. if all our guys are off the board i'd rather take a shot at augustin - he's been working out with steve nash and could be a nice fit in d'antoni's system.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,518

Post#63 » by GONYK » Sun Jun 1, 2008 3:17 pm

sims wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

arthur doesn't seem to play consistently enough to warrant that high of a pick. if all our guys are off the board i'd rather take a shot at augustin - he's been working out with steve nash and could be a nice fit in d'antoni's system.
6 is a reach for Augustin, and we should be drafting BPA
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#64 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 6:51 pm

optimusADL wrote:They are drills with no one in front of them. Gimme a break.

As I was worried this guy Lopez's stock is sinking like a rock.

We are going to get screwed on draft night.

What?!?

You just downplayed the relevance/importance of these drills, and then in the very next sentences stated that Lopez's stock is "sinking like a rock" because of his results from them.

It makes me wonder if the writer of this article also has his biases.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#65 » by GuyverADL » Sun Jun 1, 2008 6:58 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What?!?

You just downplayed the relevance/importance of these drills, and then in the very next sentences stated that Lopez's stock is "sinking like a rock" because of his results from them.

It makes me wonder if the writer of this article also has his biases.

The importance to guys that were already top 5 doesnt impress me. We know these guys are good.

I already knew Jordan has no real basketball skill, Randolph has no jumper, and Lopez is a borderline stiff.

These workouts have changed nothing that we didnt know in december.

I want to see MEASUREMENTS.

Also I never really thought Lopez would go top 5 unless he blew guys away in workouts which he obviously didnt.

Rose
Beasley
Mayo
Bayless
Gallinari
:x :x :x
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#66 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 7:05 pm

^
But Lopez is a top 5 prospect... (so I don't understand your argument)

----

Anyway, I wanted NY to take a look at DeVon Harding last year (by getting a early second round pick) and now it seems that he's looking semi impressive in his pre-draft workouts this year.

I wouldn't mind taking Jordan (or Gordon) with a late lottery pick, or Harding with a early-second, late-first round pick, assuming NY trades down or acquires another pick.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
king billing
Senior
And1: 21

Post#67 » by king billing » Sun Jun 1, 2008 7:24 pm

optimusADL wrote:I'd take Gordon with the 6th if he is really the BPA

Lopez has been stinking it up as I expected.

Rose
Beasley
Mayo
Bayless
Gallinari

thats my draft day prediction.

Im thinking Love or Gordon is going to be in a Knick uniform. on draft night.

There is no way 3 out of the first 6 picks chosen will be point guards. I think we all enjoy watching a little too much Chris Paul!
the bizness
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#68 » by the bizness » Sun Jun 1, 2008 7:28 pm

argh, I really hope Lopez doesn't fall. we need him to go top 5. he is kind of stiff and robotic for those drills but hopefully his height will make up for that.
JAX
Veteran

Post#69 » by JAX » Sun Jun 1, 2008 8:50 pm

the more i think about it, the more i do see Lopez slipping if any one.

And on 2nd thought, maybe i'm wrong about Bayless acting how it described in the OP. Maybe its not b/c he already knows he is going to OK. But maybe he really wants them to pass on him and then he can come to NY. He has said it before, that he wants to play in NY and for D'Ant.

What we should be doing is acquring later picks (thanks Zeke). I'm interested in Roby w/ and early 2nd rounder.
Retired Jersey
Banned User

Post#70 » by Retired Jersey » Sun Jun 1, 2008 8:58 pm

moocow007 wrote:There's a clip on the web where someone was interviewing Jordan and the way he acted and what he said made him sound like a 15-16 year old.

Yeah, I saw that a couple nights ago. You're talking about when he was being interviewed about his tattoos (LOL) and his lil brother was chime in.
Retired Jersey wrote:Just call him Russell Westcrook© <--- (cuz he's from Cali and he'll be getting mad steals)
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#71 » by Flaming Mo » Sun Jun 1, 2008 10:03 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Not as athletic as McDyess was (before the knees went) and not near as intense (or strong) as Amare was.

But he is just as quick if not quicker than both these guys. His midrange jumper is as good as Amare's now and he isn't far behind these guys athletically. If he measures in at 6-9 he would be a very nice pick. Inconsistency should never be a measurement of a young player's talent. Lack of fire, passion or stats... maybe... but just because a young player is inconsistent doesn't mean he can't become a very good player.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...

Return to New York Knicks