ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Re: Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland 

Post#61 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:22 pm

I am in full agreement with Paeds. I respect keeping it real and all but you do not bad mouth your own team while talking up another one. More over he should pay more attention to our own situation and try to improve it. He is veteran he should know better and act like it. Instead he is a bitter child not getting playing time so he is taking shots at his own team and making comments that disparage our fans.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#62 » by mjhp911 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:26 pm

The good news is, now even the LeJesus crew can pencil Pughes out of our rotation, because he shouldn't be in it! :nod:
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#63 » by Shemy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:45 pm

....we might as well cut him, free up a roster spot go with a shorter rotation, or simply give the 10th man spot to Jordan Hill
"They scared now"
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#64 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Tim Thomas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Larry Hughes

Tim Thomas makes shots, Larry Hughes does not. Tim Thomas can defend the SF and pf position, Larry Hughes is an average defender that seems like a good one bc he is always gambling on steals to inflate his stats.

The only mistake Walsh has made, and will make is taking Tim Thomas for granted like every other fan did and thought SG depth was more important than actual shooting depth.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,873

Post#65 » by duetta » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:08 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:The only mistake Walsh has made, and will make is taking Tim Thomas for granted like every other fan did and thought SG depth was more important than actual shooting depth.

The end of the upward clime of the club last season pretty much coincided with Tim Thomas' subtraction from the rotation. He had become an important player off the bench - and then when Hughes got here, he proceeded to stink up the joint.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#66 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 pm

TKF wrote:
I totally disagree

We are paying him 13+ million dollar to make this team NOT suck

He is getting paid 1.1million dollars a month to help us not suck

At 300K a week he needs to be part of the solution and not the problem.

I dont give a **** about Hughes opnions for next year. He is getting paid 40K a day to play basketball to the best of his abilities . Not talk about how much better another team is or will be next year

He is getting paid like a superstar and playing like a d-leauger

He needs to talk about that

really. just shut up about the lebron situation hughes. I mean we really don't need him to be the defacto spokesman for lebron. And I am sure lebron doesn't need that from him as well..

Everyone needs to STFU about it. The Press, Cleveland Fans, Knick Fans, Players, Lebron, Wade, Message Posters including Mods.

It's quite possibly one of the biggest jokes in all of sports right and a slight overshadowing of the NBA. I can't stand when a player and/or a franchise feel they are above the sport itself.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Post#67 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:46 pm

double post
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Post#68 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:47 pm

TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:
I totally disagree

We are paying him 13+ million dollar to make this team NOT suck

He is getting paid 1.1million dollars a month to help us not suck

At 300K a week he needs to be part of the solution and not the problem.

I dont give a **** about Hughes opnions for next year. He is getting paid 40K a day to play basketball to the best of his abilities . Not talk about how much better another team is or will be next year

He is getting paid like a superstar and playing like a d-leauger

He needs to talk about that

really. just shut up about the lebron situation hughes. I mean we really don't need him to be the defacto spokesman for lebron. And I am sure lebron doesn't need that from him as well..

Everyone needs to STFU about it. The Press, Cleveland Fans, Knick Fans, Players, Lebron, Wade, Message Posters including Mods.

It's quite possibly one of the biggest jokes in all of sports right and a slight overshadowing of the NBA. I can't stand when a player and/or a franchise feel they are above the sport itself.

And yet here you are.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#69 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Hughes got some sour grapes. Now he's going to tell LeBron not to come to NY... Great.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#70 » by Paeds » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:56 pm

He's an ending deal, Peddy. Among six ending deals we have. They know they're just warming the pine for LeJesus, or whoever else is lucky enough to sign here. That's just how it is. We knew going in that we'd struggle, with all the ending deals and guys just wanting to play out the string, or play for their next deal. Walnuts made our bed, now we have to sleep in it. It's not right that guys in the NBA feel 'entitled' to whatever it is they feel they're entitled to. But that's just how it is, unfortunately.

I understand that but he is getting paid 13+ mil to play NOW.

Its called being a Professional

Nate Robinson, David Lee and Al Harrington are all expirings too but at least I hear them busting their azzes as well as showing that they want to be here and that they love NY and having a positive attitude.

I dont think asking you to do your job for 13mil is alot to ask

Larry Hughes STFU and help your employer win games and attract Free Agents
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#71 » by truth serum » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Paeds wrote:
He's an ending deal, Peddy. Among six ending deals we have. They know they're just warming the pine for LeJesus, or whoever else is lucky enough to sign here. That's just how it is. We knew going in that we'd struggle, with all the ending deals and guys just wanting to play out the string, or play for their next deal. Walnuts made our bed, now we have to sleep in it. It's not right that guys in the NBA feel 'entitled' to whatever it is they feel they're entitled to. But that's just how it is, unfortunately.

I understand that but he is getting paid 13+ mil to play NOW.

Its called being a Professional

Nate Robinson, David Lee and Al Harrington are all expirings too but at least I hear them busting their azzes as well as showing that they want to be here and that they love NY and having a positive attitude.

I dont think asking you to do your job for 13mil is alot to ask

Larry Hughes STFU and help your employer win games and attract Free Agents

Well said. At 13 million, you do the job. It sounds silly but, in this case, it's not just about basketball. Basketball is the main part. Go out there and bust your ass like you should for any team, regardless of how many years left on your contract. But in this case, it may also involve some personal sacrifice and a little PR. Larry Hughes is too overpaid to be anything but grateful and willing IMO. Not to mention, being a malcontent on this team will only be detrimental to his next contract. Maybe he knows he's riding the bench this year which is something I would more than welcome. I'm practically begging for it. Anyway....SHUT UP LARRY! :upset:
truth serum
Banned User

Post#72 » by truth serum » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 pm

duetta wrote:
RutgersBJJ wrote:The only mistake Walsh has made, and will make is taking Tim Thomas for granted like every other fan did and thought SG depth was more important than actual shooting depth.

The end of the upward clime of the club last season pretty much coincided with Tim Thomas' subtraction from the rotation. He had become an important player off the bench - and then when Hughes got here, he proceeded to stink up the joint.

We traded Tim for Pughes.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,873

Post#73 » by duetta » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:37 pm

At The Mecca wrote: He had become an important player off the bench - and then when Hughes got here, he proceeded to stink up the joint.

We traded Tim for Pughes.[/quote]

Right. When he, as in Hughes.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#74 » by truth serum » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Come to think of it...I sense Larry is beginning the process of trying to force his way off this team much like he did in Chicago. He must realize that he either isn't going to play much, or he's feeling bitter about sacrificing his own numbers in a season where guys like him are clearly unimportant, and would rather play somewhere else in his contract year. Hughes will be this year's Marbury until we figure out a way to trade him or buy his malcontent ass OUT!

I hereby declare Larry Pughes Hughes....Pughesbury!
truth serum
Banned User

Post#75 » by truth serum » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:40 pm

duetta wrote:
At The Mecca wrote: He had become an important player off the bench - and then when Hughes got here, he proceeded to stink up the joint.

We traded Tim for Pughes.

Right. When he, as in Hughes.[/quote]

Wordsy birds
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#76 » by Paeds » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Well said. At 13 million, you do the job. It sounds silly but, in this case, it's not just about basketball. Basketball is the main part. Go out there and bust your ass like you should for any team, regardless of how many years left on your contract. But in this case, it may also involve some personal sacrifice and a little PR. Larry Hughes is too overpaid to be anything but grateful and willing IMO. Not to mention, being a malcontent on this team will only be detrimental to his next contract. Maybe he knows he's riding the bench this year which is something I would more than welcome. I'm practically begging for it. Anyway....SHUT UP LARRY

thats what gets me, these guys have it made, he is guaranteed over 1 MILLION DOLLARS A MONTH irregardless of his individual performance or team performane

People are hungry and hurting out there and he has the nerve to not get 100% to earn his overpaid salary..

And he is concerned about how this team is when he is part of the problem?

Let me stop before I go on a Marbury type Rant
legoli
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#77 » by legoli » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Hughes is an idiot. I think we can end the thread now.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#78 » by L&H_05 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:09 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Larry is just mad that New Yorkers booed him when he stunk the other night. LeBron hasn't told Larry much and I don't think LeBron thinks his chances at a title in Cleveland are as good as Larry thinks they are.

LeBron on the Knicks even *next* year and they're one of the best teams in the East. Then 2011 Curry and Jeffries come off and they'll have a championship team.
Look, I don't have a problem with you wanting LeBron on the Knicks.. I completely understand.. And I don't take issue with you laying down well thought out points as to why...

But to say LeBron is leaving 100 million dollars on the table and then say: "LeBron hasn't told Larry much" just throws dirt on everything you say.. Are you Randy Mims ? Are you Maverick Carter. because if I didn't know any better, you come off as if you're in the LBJ circle

The writing is on the wall as far as I'm concerned..So far, LeBron has said he doesn't have plans on leaving... His Mom said the same thing.. Ariza let the cat out of the bag with a confidential conversation and now Hughes is saying it based on what he's knows... Yet, the only thing to counter is unnamed sources..

The winning argument is a major argument.. And no, you can't just take a LeBron James and plug him in with another 2011 Free Agent and be set..It doesn't work that way.. The Knicks have to build a team..They need to lay a defensive foundation down and, IMO, they don't have the coaching staff or personnel from a player standpoint to do this...

Who knows what wILL happen, but, I think right now the Cavs are far more advanced in terms of having a direction that caters to putting a championship caliber team next to LeBron for now and in the future...

The Knicks just appear to be more concerned with landing LeBron than fielding a team that can compete with him.. And that's an error in judgement..
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,887

Post#79 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 pm

duetta wrote:
BY Frank Isola

end of thread
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,708

Post#80 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:54 pm

L&H_05 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Larry is just mad that New Yorkers booed him when he stunk the other night. LeBron hasn't told Larry much and I don't think LeBron thinks his chances at a title in Cleveland are as good as Larry thinks they are.

LeBron on the Knicks even *next* year and they're one of the best teams in the East. Then 2011 Curry and Jeffries come off and they'll have a championship team.
Look, I don't have a problem with you wanting LeBron on the Knicks.. I completely understand.. And I don't take issue with you laying down well thought out points as to why...

But to say LeBron is leaving 100 million dollars on the table and then say: "LeBron hasn't told Larry much" just throws dirt on everything you say.. Are you Randy Mims ? Are you Maverick Carter. because if I didn't know any better, you come off as if you're in the LBJ circle

The writing is on the wall as far as I'm concerned..So far, LeBron has said he doesn't have plans on leaving... His Mom said the same thing.. Ariza let the cat out of the bag with a confidential conversation and now Hughes is saying it based on what he's knows... Yet, the only thing to counter is unnamed sources..

The winning argument is a major argument.. And no, you can't just take a LeBron James and plug him in with another 2011 Free Agent and be set..It doesn't work that way.. The Knicks have to build a team..They need to lay a defensive foundation down and, IMO, they don't have the coaching staff or personnel from a player standpoint to do this...

Who knows what wILL happen, but, I think right now the Cavs are far more advanced in terms of having a direction that caters to putting a championship caliber team next to LeBron for now and in the future...

The Knicks just appear to be more concerned with landing LeBron than fielding a team that can compete with him.. And that's an error in judgement..

What you're talking about is up for debate. BUT you are way off-topic. You should learn to read what the discussion is first and then contribute something that's relevant. We're talking about Hughes here in this thread. Lebron's another story and it's another debate altogether. The fact is... as a player for the Knicks and a failure at that, he doesn't deserve to say the things that he said.

Return to New York Knicks