ImageImageImageImageImage

College/Draft #6 - NCAA Finals + Draft Leadup W/ Knicks In The Top Seed!!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who do you take at 5???

Garland
33%
Reddish
27%
Clarke
4%
Hunter
16%
Hayes
No votes
Coby
1%
Rui
4%
Romeo
2%
Bol
6%
Other
7%

Total votes: 82

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,887

Re: College/Draft #6 - NCAA Finals + Draft Leadup W/ Knicks In The Top Seed!!! 

Post#641 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:12 pm

robillionaire wrote:If they get first and we get 2nd (or 3rd if Ja happens to fall there) maybe we can trade up pick swap for Zion and include next years pick top 6 protected like the mavs did with the hawks

Or include one of the Dallas picks

We might need to hold our pick to use in an AD trade
Also ours is far more vaueable until we sign free agents
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,328

Post#642 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Ima be mad if they get Nas after they trade Tatum/Brown. Danny Ainge always on the come up..

But yeah I guess a DSJ/Garland/Frank lineup could work to hold down the tank at least :D Wiseman is ours!

Our guy James Wiseman continues to impress:

Nice showing as well from guys like Cole Anthony and Anthony Edwards.

Really wish that this was the draft class that we tanked for. Lots of gems here.

Wiseman looks like a unicorn. Dude was going coast to coast on some Giannis type sh*t :o

Next year's draft might be like last year's one, where you only need a top 4 pick to get a stud. Looks like Wiseman/Cole/Edwards are the real prizes so far. I was hoping that Wiseman reclassified so he can be in this year's draft :( He would be the clear #2 after Zion[/quote

he's better than zion.......
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,191

Post#643 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:16 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:

Really wish that this was the draft class that we tanked for. Lots of gems here.

Wiseman looks like a unicorn. Dude was going coast to coast on some Giannis type sh*t :o

Next year's draft might be like last year's one, where you only need a top 4 pick to get a stud. Looks like Wiseman/Cole/Edwards are the real prizes so far. I was hoping that Wiseman reclassified so he can be in this year's draft :( He would be the clear #2 after Zion[/quote

Zion is the best prospect since AD and arguably since Lebron. Don't think Wiseman can top that
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#644 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:33 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Zion is the best prospect since AD and arguably since Lebron. Don't think Wiseman can top that

:lol: we shall see.

i dont even think zion will be the best player from this draft class when its all said and done.

thats not to disrespect zion because i think he has hof potential, but theirs someone else in this draft that i think can be one of the all time greats.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#645 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:43 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Wiseman looks like a unicorn. Dude was going coast to coast on some Giannis type sh*t :o

i dont even think zion will be the best player from this draft class when its all said and done.

thats not to disrespect zion because i think he has hof potential, but theirs someone else in this draft that i think can be one of the all time greats.

Who do you think will be the best player from this class?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,898

Post#646 » by Buttah304 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:01 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Image

Melo if he says Cam Reddish it’s a PERMA-BAN haha
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#647 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Image

two players actually Cam&Bol.

they have higher ceilings imo but zion is no doubt the better player rn.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,636

Post#648 » by Billy Goat » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Redish shot 35% from the floor this season lol
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#649 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:39 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

two players actually Cam&Bol.

they have higher ceilings imo but zion is no doubt the better player rn.

I don't see how they have higher ceilings but each to their own I guess
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,635

Post#650 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:07 pm

doncic and trae young go ahead of zion if they're all in the draft this year lol

I mean clearly I think he's the best prospect in the draft, and I think he'll have a great career but that whole "best prospect since AD or Lebron" stuff just makes me laugh I'm not buying the hype
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#651 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 pm

robillionaire wrote:doncic and trae young go ahead of zion if they're all in the draft this year lol

I mean clearly I think he's the best prospect in the draft, and I think he'll have a great career but that whole "best prospect since AD or Lebron" stuff just makes me laugh I'm not buying the hype

Zion goes ahead of Doncic and Trae Young easily. Zion plays defense, they don't
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,054

Post#652 » by Richard4444 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:46 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:doncic and trae young go ahead of zion if they're all in the draft this year lol

I think thats a rash assumption.

Doncic and Trae are trying to play defense. Doncic has every tools to be a good defender in time. I think Trae will never be a good defender due to his size, but he can be a average defender if he works very hard in it.

Zion have not played in NBA yet. We dont know for sure how will be his adaption in NBA athough I think he will going to be superstar since his premiere. Doncic and Trae are stars already.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#653 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

I think thats a rash assumption.

Doncic and Trae are trying to play defense. Doncic has every tools to be a good defender in time. I think Trae will never be a good defender due to his size, but he can be a average defender if he works very hard in it.

Zion have not played in NBA yet. We dont know for sure how will be his adaption in NBA athough I think he will going to be superstar since his premiere. Doncic and Trae are stars already.

Trying to play defense is not the same as being a good defender. Before they were drafted they were known to be negatives on that end and they still are. Zion is already a major plus defender and projects to be so.

Not sure how Doncic and Trae are stars already either. They haven't even made the all star team lol. I think you mean they are on their way of being stars.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,898

Post#654 » by Buttah304 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 pm

Trae Young over Zion. Just when you thought you heard it all.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#655 » by taj2133 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:27 am

If the knicks don't land number 1 pick and can't get zion then you pick the next best position of need and that's shooting guard. The knicks need a shooting guard whether its rj barret, culver, keldon johnson, or nick alexander walker you needs guys that can shoot ball. The knicks don't need another point guard we already have to many guards especially if we get irving in free agency would be wasted pick if we get another point guard.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,886

Post#656 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:42 am

Buttah304 wrote:Trae Young over Zion. Just when you thought you heard it all.

Knowing what we know now about Trae, it's not that much of a reach. He could be an MVP type player. Zion could too, but we have yet to see how he plays against NBA competition. We already know Trae Young can not only hang in the NBA but also win games by himself and create some special moments.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#657 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:47 am

taj2133 wrote:If the knicks don't land number 1 pick and can't get zion then you pick the next best position of need and that's shooting guard. The knicks need a shooting guard whether its rj barret, culver, keldon johnson, or nick alexander walker you needs guys that can shoot ball. The knicks don't need another point guard we already have to many guards especially if we get irving in free agency would be wasted pick if we get another point guard.

You always draft the best player available. I'm not sold on Morant but if the front office feels he's the best player available (or Garland), they need to take him regardless of who's on the roster and who might sign with the Knicks. You can always figure things out later. You never draft for need. That's how Portland passed on the GOAT.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,355

Post#658 » by Worst_to_First » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:53 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Ima be mad if they get Nas after they trade Tatum/Brown. Danny Ainge always on the come up..

But yeah I guess a DSJ/Garland/Frank lineup could work to hold down the tank at least :D Wiseman is ours!

Next year's draft might be like last year's one, where you only need a top 4 pick to get a stud. Looks like Wiseman/Cole/Edwards are the real prizes so far. I was hoping that Wiseman reclassified so he can be in this year's draft :( He would be the clear #2 after Zion

That’s why I don’t buy the argument that you pass on Wiseman because we have Mitch on our team.

I can see those two mobile bigs playing together. Wiseman also seems like the type who can be consistent in the midrange and perhaps could extend even out to the 3pt area.

Also heard that his wingspan is now 7’7. Yowza!
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#659 » by taj2133 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:06 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
taj2133 wrote:If the knicks don't land number 1 pick and can't get zion then you pick the next best position of need and that's shooting guard. The knicks need a shooting guard whether its rj barret, culver, keldon johnson, or nick alexander walker you needs guys that can shoot ball. The knicks don't need another point guard we already have to many guards especially if we get irving in free agency would be wasted pick if we get another point guard.

You always draft the best player available. I'm not sold on Morant but if the front office feels he's the best player available (or Garland), they need to take him regardless of who's on the roster and who might sign with the Knicks. You can always figure things out later. You never draft for need. That's how Portland passed on the GOAT.

Can't have bunch of point guards it not good thing to have and the knicks got 4 point guards in allen, frank, mudiay, and dsj. If the knicks get kyrie irving there is no point in getting garland or morant its wasted pick then. The knicks got 2 free agents shooting guard in 2020 tier and dotson so the knicks need to secure a shooting guard for the next 4 years.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#660 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:21 am

taj2133 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Can't have bunch of point guards it not good thing to have and the knicks got 4 point guards in allen, frank, mudiay, and dsj. If the knicks get kyrie irving there is no point in getting garland or morant its wasted pick then. The knicks got 2 free agents shooting guard in 2020 tier and dotson so the knicks need to secure a shooting guard for the next 4 years.

The draft happens before free agency, so the Knicks won't know for sure if Kyrie will sign before the draft. You can't make roster decisions based on what might happen in the future. It's far too risky.

Mudiay should not be resigned and won't be if we sign Kyrie or Kemba anyways. Kadeem is a non-factor, a third-string PG at best. Frank is not a point guard. So that leaves DSJ as the point guard of the future that's currently under contract. If you've drafted Morant/Garland and Kyrie signs, you can trade DSJ to fill other holes. And that leaves you with an All-NBA point guard and an understudy in Morant/Garland, not this crazy logjam you are describing.

Return to New York Knicks