ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,935

Re: PG: Mitch costs us the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#681 » by Wildcat » Wed May 1, 2024 5:00 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Spot31 wrote:
Meat wrote:even when they win, you cant run this back, there needs to be another shot creator in the backcourt

Donovan Mitchell

Very confused from my end. Why not frontcourt? Is Brunson only allowed to pass to another guy in the backcourt?

Should we just follow Damian Lillard/CJ McCullom model?

He's trying to speak Booker or Spida into existence. Randle was doing well for shot creation.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,328

Post#682 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 5:00 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Oddly I don’t care that much. I hope we still win the series (and honestly still fairly confident we will close it out) and it would mean a lot to win a series in back to back seasons but I don’t honestly believe this team as currently constructed can go all the way. So eventually we will have to eat a painful series loss. Hopefully it’s in round two or three instead of this series but I’m mentally prepared for the season to end eventually. Now the team has to find a way to put this behind them and move on and fans need to find a way do the same.

This.

That's why I'm more interested in who they might acquire in the offseason than the playoffs.

I mean, the playoffs have been great, but they are playing way over their head with Randle out.

Even if Randle was in, not sure how far the team would have gone, because he's not the most interested defender.

Team took a nice step getting OG and making the playoffs etc, it's still at least one piece away from really being a contender.

True but it's a philosophical question on the point of sports at all, since 29 of 30 teams won't win and only like 3 of the 30, generously, have a shot.

Knicks need to make a move or two to get into the 3 or 4 that have a real shot.

They are a playoff team right now, which is great considering the previous 20 years.
Jeffrey
General Manager
And1: 5,317

Post#683 » by Jeffrey » Wed May 1, 2024 5:04 pm

Totally forgot... on top of Embiid sh.itting that game. Maxey missed 3 FTs late in the 4th quarter. Both of these won't happen again.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,639

Post#684 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 5:04 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Context wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Thibs figured out the formula in Game 4, and then just didn't use it..

Stupid stupid play.

I dont agree that it was Mitch...this goes on Hart for not making both free throws...

Every crazy comeback in crunch time seems to always include missed free throws

after i came out of shock I realized it was a team loss...we are too good to be in the position we were in...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,490

Post#685 » by spree8 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:05 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
spree8 wrote:Call me crazy, but I think Thibs should at least try putting Burks in to see if he can catch fire… maybe he learned his lesson from riding the bench all this time. It’s worth it to give our guys some rest. If he can at least match rat boy’s production on the other end, it’s worth it. I’d go with this next game..

Jalen (40) / Deuce (8)
Deuce (30) / Donte (18)
Hart (40) / Burks (8)
OG (40) / Precious (8)
iHart (28) / Mitch (18) / Precious (2)

More rest for key guys/better FG%, better on the boards, more Deuce/less Donte, put OG on Embiid more, and see if Burks can redeem himself and give us another weapon.

crazy

:D

Desperate times!
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,056

Post#686 » by 8516knicks » Wed May 1, 2024 5:07 pm

Gravy wrote:Brunson just does not have a #2 guy on offense to rely on consistently. It was eventually going to bite us in the playoffs despite fans thinking Hart or somebody else would always keep hitting crazy shots above their skill level.

Could his name be Randle? :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,688

Post#687 » by Capn'O » Wed May 1, 2024 5:09 pm

8516knicks wrote:
Gravy wrote:Brunson just does not have a #2 guy on offense to rely on consistently. It was eventually going to bite us in the playoffs despite fans thinking Hart or somebody else would always keep hitting crazy shots above their skill level.

Could his name be Randle? :lol:

I mean, at this point it's not even Bogs.

I really wish we could properly see what we have.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 538

Post#688 » by kNicksGmen » Wed May 1, 2024 5:09 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:still in shock. once mitch got duped and was up in the air he has to just hack him and not let him get the shot off.

Nay they’d call that a flagrant … but he can at least contest the shot fully after he’s made the decision to be that close

I didn't mean hack him in the face but just come down on the ball - he was in position to do so but was still hoping they wouldn't call the foul i guess. giving up a wide open 3 or 3 free throws isn't ideal but obviously better than a 4 point play.
Jeffrey wrote:Totally forgot... on top of Embiid sh.itting that game. Maxey missed 3 FTs late in the 4th quarter. Both of these won't happen again.

we also missed free throws and had some bad plays down the stretch. either could happen again who knows.

we played like the better team for most of the game and should have won regardless of maxey's free throws. we could/should have been up 8-10+ at that point.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#689 » by Wildcat » Wed May 1, 2024 5:10 pm

Najeem27 wrote:We wouldn't be this good defensively with Randle on the floor and we'll have way less rebounds!!

Statistically false. Knicks with Randle and after the OG trade were 1st in rebounds at 48 per. They averaged 40 per after. Same with defense. People clearly forgetting January.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,490

Post#690 » by spree8 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:12 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:We wouldn't be this good defensively with Randle on the floor and we'll have way less rebounds!!

Statistically false. Knicks with Randle and after the OG trade were 1st in rebounds at 48 per. They averaged 40 per after. Same with defense. People clearly forgetting January.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,286

Post#691 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:12 pm

Maxey has been an absolute **** beast this series.

32.4 PPG 5.2 RPG 7.2 APG 0.6 SPG 0.4 BPG
50.0% on 24.0 FGA
42.9% on 9.8 3PA
87.5% on 4.8 FTA
58.8% EFG 62% TS
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,422

Post#692 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 1, 2024 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,648

Post#693 » by sol537 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:14 pm

F Thibs
F Mitch
F Hart

That is all.
Context
RealGM

Post#694 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 5:14 pm

sol537 wrote:
Context wrote:
stuporman wrote:This series is going 7...because of course it is, the league is negotiating a new media deal so they need as much drama as possible. Get ready for the 30FTA game for Embiid.

this is the part i hate about the league because this might actually be true and that would mean our analysis would be for nothing :nonono:

But.. this series would be over if we didn’t make like a dozen different mistakes… and refs or the nba had nothing to do with that collapse last night.

maybe -maybe not...that whistle is powerful...rhythm and momentum with a whistle...you can control a game...
I would really like to analize a game from start to finish...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,422

Post#695 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 1, 2024 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#696 » by Wildcat » Wed May 1, 2024 5:17 pm

spree8 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

I don't know why people think this was an anomaly. They were doing this while playing team D.
Context
RealGM

Post#697 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 5:17 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Totally forgot... on top of Embiid sh.itting that game. Maxey missed 3 FTs late in the 4th quarter. Both of these won't happen again.

I think Dirtbiid **** the game was because of the attention we gave him...we need to have that same attention on maxey-and give whatever defensive energy we have left on their others...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,056

Post#698 » by 8516knicks » Wed May 1, 2024 5:20 pm

One thing is for sure - we have to stop giving them 10pt first quarter leads for a change. :nod:
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,648

Post#699 » by sol537 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:20 pm

Context wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Context wrote:this is the part i hate about the league because this might actually be true and that would mean our analysis would be for nothing :nonono:

But.. this series would be over if we didn’t make like a dozen different mistakes… and refs or the nba had nothing to do with that collapse last night.

maybe -maybe not...that whistle is powerful...rhythm and momentum with a whistle...you can control a game...
I would really like to analize a game from start to finish...

Come on bro... :lol: Not this game... not this series... This series should have been over in 5.

Thibs choked. The players choked. The refs/nba had nothing to do with it. You don't "fix" a game by giving one team literally a dozen ways to seal the victory. It makes no sense at all. 95% chance of a Knicks victory with 30 seconds left. That's not fixing... that's ***** up by Thibs and co.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#700 » by Wildcat » Wed May 1, 2024 5:22 pm

Context wrote:

I think Dirtbiid **** the game was because of the attention we gave him...we need to have that same attention on maxey-and give whatever defensive energy we have left on their others...

I'm too annoyed to look this up, but Deuce was getting blown by. I definitely think Deuce slacked off. Donte is another story.

Return to New York Knicks