ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA part 2

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,584

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#781 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:00 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Wolfgang wrote:I can't wait for Dwight to leave this summer and go to the team he deserves to go to.

He aint leaving 30 mil on the table, and i can't imagine who the Lakers would pillage if they had to trade him.

I do not think they do it and force him to walk.

If I'm LA I have to really think about rebuilding with young players and draft picks.. that being said everyone's getting dealt and D'antoni's getting canned if I'm Kupchek at the end of the season, no later. I mean something is definitely wrong with Pau... I'm moving him first.. then MWP and then Dwight. I'm amnestying somebody also.. I'm cleaning house entirely... in theory what they tried to do anyone would have tried to do.. it just isn't working out.
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,202

Post#782 » by NYK Dolemite » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:01 am

This Lakers team is such a mess. Nuggets gave them every chance in the 4th, brick after brick -- and the Lakers couldn't make a meaningful dent in what was not much of a lead. Just no cohesion and flow there. Gallo had a bad game 6/20 and the Lakers still didn't threaten over the last 17 min or so despite being tied at half. When they were flowing offensively in the 1st half (Scored 60) they were also playing matador D (allowed 60), and when they were getting stops (though really just being the beneficiary of an off shooting half moreso than forcing stops) they couldn't score. Just do not look as if they have any goal for any possession. If Kobe is off that team just doesn't stand much a chance.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#783 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:03 am

NYK Dolemite wrote:This Lakers team is such a mess. Nuggets gave them every chance in the 4th, brick after brick -- and the Lakers couldn't make a meaningful dent in what was not much of a lead. Just no cohesion and flow there. Gallo had a bad game 6/20 and the Lakers still didn't threaten over the last 17 min or so despite being tied at half. When they were flowing offensively in the 1st half (Scored 60) they were also playing matador D (allowed 60), and when they were getting stops (though really just being the beneficiary of an off shooting half moreso than forcing stops) they couldn't score. Just do not look as if they have any goal for any possession. If Kobe is off that team just doesn't stand much a chance.

I don't know I'd like to see them play without Kobe and Pau for a couple of games.. Kobe has been taking terrible momentum killing shots.
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,202

Post#784 » by NYK Dolemite » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:04 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Wolfgang wrote:I can't wait for Dwight to leave this summer and go to the team he deserves to go to.

He aint leaving 30 mil on the table, and i can't imagine who the Lakers would pillage if they had to trade him.

If I'm LA I have to really think about rebuilding with young players and draft picks.. that being said everyone's getting dealt and D'antoni's getting canned if I'm Kupchek at the end of the season, no later. I mean something is definitely wrong with Pau... I'm moving him first.. then MWP and then Dwight. I'm amnestying somebody also.. I'm cleaning house entirely... in theory what they tried to do anyone would have tried to do.. it just isn't working out.

Lakers are basketball version of the 2012 Marlins. Seemed like a good idea, but the parts don't fit. I think it's going to get a little better for them, but their ceiling is a 45-win team -- and that's a team with a lot of old parts being used to get those 40-45 wins. There just isn't a way for this team to 'reload'. Without an incredibly lopsided trade for D12 falling into their laps, they could very well just be a mediocre team hoping to get Kobe unstoppably hot in postseasons when they make it. Anyway, I think the window for chips is shutting on Kobe's fingers.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#785 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:14 am

I think they need to just decide to do it and then it can be done. They still have the amnesty.. but I think they have to use it quick... boom.. there goes Artest... they were just getting trade interest for Gasol... bye-bye Gasol and Howard should be easy to unload of a pick or two and some young talent.. Kobe expires.. then Nash... in 3 years you're building it back up.. to me that's pretty quick.

I would've liked to see D'antoni at least go out on his terms... we've yet to see him trot out the smallball line ups... and he's yet to yank Dwight when teams start fouling him.. a little surprising.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,465

Post#786 » by Capn'O » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:26 am

If the Mavs traded for Gay that would really **** with Mayo :lol:

Dwight needs to go kick rocks. What an unlikable dude this guy has become.

Lakers need to go scorched earth. Hire Brian Shaw. Hoodwink some sap for the next Kobe.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Wolfgang
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#787 » by Wolfgang » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:54 am

Kobe and Dwight feuding.

http://www.nydailynews.com/brooklyn-ben ... -1.1234685

Like I said he's not staying and I couldn't blame him. Kobe is such a ballhog and it looks like all he cares about is his numbers now. Lakers should find out if Dwight is staying so then they can trade him to get something in return.

He said this last year too.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/3/3 ... ship-magic

This team is old. They have the wrong coach and they're continuously slipping. This all equals to Dwight hitting the road.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 930

Post#788 » by FKF » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:05 pm

With all due respect to Dwight, Kobe is the man in command in LA.
He's the Champion and Dwight has to get on the program or he'll be traded. Dwight is stupid and a crybaby for referring to the Clippers. As good as the Clips are this season, they still haven't won anything, and still have a long way to go before getting close to what the Lakers and Kobe Bryant mean to the NBA.

Lakers may even be better trading Dwight to Brooklyn for Lopez and pieces.
Their problem is depth really. Their bench is Antawn Jamison, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Jordan Hill, Jodie Meeks, who are not great, and then a bunch of young scrubs Earl Clark, Ebanks Darius Morris, Darius Johnson-Odom, Robert Sacre...
When i see their roster, I say the Knicks have pretty good depth. I mean our 15th man Chris Copeland is better than half of the Lakers bench.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#789 » by Falstaffxx » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:08 pm

I really thought the Lakers were going to have a great team.
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#790 » by fdr2012 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:51 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

The "he's not leaving money on the table" argument always fails. Lebron, Bosh and Wade all left money on the table to join a winning team. Dwight will not stay on a team that misses the playoffs (or barely gets there).

Dwight will bolt this summer. I assume he'll be asking to get traded before the allstar break with Brooklyn as the main destination.
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#791 » by UnderdogKnicks » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:02 pm

Lakers have the hugest fan base in the NBA, wat do u think happens if Dwight bolts from LA? He's already pissed off every other fan base of the NBA especially the ORL Magic, if Dwight leaves he's going to get destroyed even worst than now. His only home, fans and media alike is with the Lakers. Even if some of them are pissing on Dwight, they will still support the man as long as he's still a Laker.

I really doubt he has the balls to leave, that just ain't him.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#792 » by fdr2012 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:02 pm

FKF wrote:Lakers may even be better trading Dwight to Brooklyn for Lopez and pieces.
Their problem is depth really. Their bench is Antawn Jamison, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Jordan Hill, Jodie Meeks, who are not great, and then a bunch of young scrubs Earl Clark, Ebanks Darius Morris, Darius Johnson-Odom, Robert Sacre...

Dwight + Gasol + Blake + Duhon to Brooklyn for Lopez + Humphries + Crash+ Brooks + Watson + Blatche + Picks

Decent deal for both teams and a much better squad for MD with a lot more depth.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#793 » by fdr2012 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:03 pm

UnderdogKnicks wrote:Lakers have the hugest fan base in the NBA, wat do u think happens if Dwight bolts from LA? He's already pissed off every other fan base of the NBA especially the ORL Magic, if Dwight leaves he's going to get destroyed even worst than now. His only home, fans and media alike is with the Lakers. Even if some of them are pissing on Dwight, they will still support the man as long as he's still a Laker.

Do you really think he spends the next few years in a team that can't make the playoffs? Just for not pissing off Jack Nicholson? Dwight is gone.
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#794 » by UnderdogKnicks » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:09 pm

fdr2012 wrote:
UnderdogKnicks wrote:Lakers have the hugest fan base in the NBA, wat do u think happens if Dwight bolts from LA? He's already pissed off every other fan base of the NBA especially the ORL Magic, if Dwight leaves he's going to get destroyed even worst than now. His only home, fans and media alike is with the Lakers. Even if some of them are pissing on Dwight, they will still support the man as long as he's still a Laker.

Do you really think he spends the next few years in a team that can't make the playoffs? Just for not pissing off Jack Nicholson? Dwight is gone.

And where would he go? Only real free agent destination is ATL, his hometown and a pretty good fit too. I still don't think they are contenders though if he goes there. DAL is in the same situation as the Lakers. If he asks for a trade to BROK, Lakers would have to consent to this idea. It isn't impossible he goes to BROK, but I just don't see the Laker's front office doing it after just acquiring Howard in a supposedly steal of a trade.

It'll hurt Mitch and the Laker's ego too much to call this a mistake. It's easier to blame Pau and trade him for pieces that fit them instead.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
J0rdan4life42o
General Manager
And1: 263

Post#795 » by J0rdan4life42o » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:30 pm

LA should try to swap Dwight for Dirk...assuming Dirk accepts a trade to LA...moves everyone back to their normal positions and D'Antoni gets his stretch 4 so he can run his "genius" offense. I mean why not, it's not like that team will ever get it together defensively. Might as well go all-in... and Dallas gets to build around an immature "star". Seems perfect.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,667

Post#796 » by j4remi » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:34 pm

J0rdan4life42o wrote:LA should try to swap Dwight for Dirk...assuming Dirk accepts a trade to LA...moves everyone back to their normal positions and D'Antoni gets his stretch 4 so he can run his "genius" offense. I mean why not, it's not like that team will ever get it together defensively. Might as well go all-in... and Dallas gets to build around an immature "star". Seems perfect.

Wow...in a strange way...that makes perfect sense to me. Cuban really wanted Dwight too. :o :o
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
J0rdan4life42o
General Manager
And1: 263

Post#797 » by J0rdan4life42o » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:45 pm

^ yeah, especially with Dirk's comments as of late, he might not object going to LA to ball with Nash and Kobe...he'd fit like a glove with what D'Antoni's trying to do there (even if it ends up failing, which it probably will). The Howard experiment failed, they're not trading Kobe or Nash, Gasol's value is in the crapper and the likelihood of Howard wanting to stay in LA past this season is growing slimmer by the day.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 930

Post#798 » by FKF » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:52 pm

j4remi wrote:
J0rdan4life42o wrote:LA should try to swap Dwight for Dirk...assuming Dirk accepts a trade to LA...moves everyone back to their normal positions and D'Antoni gets his stretch 4 so he can run his "genius" offense. I mean why not, it's not like that team will ever get it together defensively. Might as well go all-in... and Dallas gets to build around an immature "star". Seems perfect.

Wow...in a strange way...that makes perfect sense to me. Cuban really wanted Dwight too. :o :o

Agreed.
Makes sense for both teams, although it's a big gamble for Dallas but if one owner may be crazy enough to pull the trigger, it's Cuban.

It's not easy for him though to trade Dirk. German dude did bring him his lone championship and has been a Mav for ever. What if Dirk turns the Lakers around, and Dwight learns more crying lessons in Texas with Vince Carter?
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,973

Post#799 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:54 pm

FKF wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Agreed.
Makes sense for both teams, although it's a big gamble for Dallas but if one owner may be crazy enough to pull the trigger, it's Cuban.

It's not easy for him though to trade Dirk. German dude did bring him his lone championship and has been a Mav for ever. What if Dirk turns the Lakers around, and Dwight learns more crying lessons in Texas with Vince Carter?

Dirk would never leave. Read the article about his recent comments again. He never complained. Not even close. Just read what he really said.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,667

Post#800 » by j4remi » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:43 pm

basketboule wrote:
Dirk would never leave. Read the article about his recent comments again. He never complained. Not even close. Just read what he really said.

The ESPN ticker was saying something like "Dirk mulling over a trade request" with nitpicked quotes...the article is completely different. Wow, I got played.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks