ImageImageImageImageImage

If Boston offered Brooklyn pick

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Re: If Boston offered Brooklyn pick 

Post#81 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Greenie wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Yeap, I think if its both picks and Brown, you probably make a deal.

If its just two picks - then no.

2nd pick can easily be out of top3. If Lin plays the whole year.

Lin can play and they will still suck. Have you seen their roster?

They are 7 - 18 with him and 7 - 38 without him.

Yeah, they will be bad. But with Lin they will clearly be better than Kings or Lakers..
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#82 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:30 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Nope. Wrong. I loved Rudy. I wanted him when we had Tyson.

Also, please stop hyping KP's skill set as rare. It's not. Like not even a little. Most bigs shoot threes in today's NBA and most dudes over 7ft tall can block a shot. It's not rare to see.

wait so its not rare to see someone block 2 shots a game and make 2 3's a game in the NBA?

He's a big that can shoot and block shots.
That's not a rare skill set. You keep posting a stat though, even though dude has really no offensive go to moves and has poor positional defense.

I spoke on his skill set shown RIGHT NOW. Not stats.

Chriss is throwing up similar numbers in PHX right now too. Ask me if I care.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#83 » by kane2021 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:30 pm

And here we go.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#84 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:30 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
Greenie wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Yeap, I think if its both picks and Brown, you probably make a deal.

If its just two picks - then no.

2nd pick can easily be out of top3. If Lin plays the whole year.

Lin can play and they will still suck. Have you seen their roster?

They are 7 - 18 with him and 7 - 38 without him.

Yeah, they will be bad. But with Lin they will clearly be better than Kings or Lakers..

I don't believe that.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,026

Post#85 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:What if Boston did trade us both picks plus that bum Brown....and we fuqed around and took BOTH Fultz and Ball?

Ball
Fultz
Brown(may look better with a pass first PG)
?
Willy

OMG

I don't see how that would make us any better. Ball/KP or Fultz/KP are much better fits than Ball and Fultz.

And Brown doesn't move the needle at all.

Not the premise of this thread. We would be trading KP for the pick in this scenario.

...and I like the fit of Ball and Fultz because I think Fultz has a bit of Rose in him(pure scorer) and Ball is more Kidd(floor general)

That would be the most athletic and explosive backcourt we have ever had.

Without reading ahead to the end, context matter here. What if the Knicks or Boston is picking #1 and #2 or vice versa? (As opposed to 3 & 5 etc) AND that Boston offered both picks.

Knicks could go two of three with Fultz\Ball\Jackson in league where the rules are tilted for guard\wing scoring, while still having WHG and KOQ as young\youngish C's and Noah in the C rotation (if healthy). Plus 2 2nd rounders, though only the first may possible net anything remotely useful. BUT, the kicker is 2 #1 picks the following year, where the Knicks are Nets picks are somewhere in the top 12. (I'll assume the Nets get better and aren't easily top 4).
2017 - top 2 picks in a deep draft
2018 - 2 top 12 picks.
Melo at PF for 2 years while the Knicks have a draft or even 2 to get a possible future replacement.

That's a pretty quick rebuild. Of course KP would morph into Larry Bird Sampson and break the Knicks fan's hearts for years to come.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#86 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:34 pm

OMG.

Lopez
Gasol
Jokic
Cousins
Towns
Embid

...And those are just centers. We can talk PF's too if you would like.
Bigs are shooting more threes than ever before. The dudes I listed will block your **** too.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,784

Post#87 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Also, please stop hyping KP's skill set as rare. It's not. Like not even a little. Most bigs shoot threes in today's NBA and most dudes over 7ft tall can block a shot. It's not rare to see.

wait so its not rare to see someone block 2 shots a game and make 2 3's a game in the NBA?

That's not a rare skill set. You keep posting a stat though, even though dude has really no offensive go to moves and has poor positional defense.

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Greenie
RealGM

Post#88 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
I don't see how that would make us any better. Ball/KP or Fultz/KP are much better fits than Ball and Fultz.

Not the premise of this thread. We would be trading KP for the pick in this scenario.

...and I like the fit of Ball and Fultz because I think Fultz has a bit of Rose in him(pure scorer) and Ball is more Kidd(floor general)

Without reading ahead to the end, context matter here. What if the Knicks or Boston is picking #1 and #2 or vice versa? (As opposed to 3 & 5 etc) AND that Boston offered both picks.

Knicks could go two of three with Fultz\Ball\Jackson in league where the rules are tilted for guard\wing scoring, while still having WHG and KOQ as young\youngish C's and Noah in the C rotation (if healthy). Plus 2 2nd rounders, though only the first may possible net anything remotely useful. BUT, the kicker is 2 #1 picks the following year, where the Knicks are Nets picks are somewhere in the top 12. (I'll assume the Nets get better and aren't easily top 4).
2018 - 2 top 12 picks.
Melo at PF for 2 years while the Knicks have a draft or even 2 to get a possible future replacement.

That's a pretty quick rebuild. Of course KP would morph into Larry Bird Sampson and break the Knicks fan's hearts for years to come.

That's what I said in my first post. What if it was the first pick and we had 2,3 or 4 to go along with it.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#89 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

You have to account for some projection for KP, like any team trading for him or trading him away would as well.

As I posted before, even with that projection, IF getting the pick meant being able to go back to back at 1,2 or 2,3 in this draft, I'd really consider it, especially with another pick the following year that will be top 10 and honestly the Knicks would probably be top 12 at least as well.

Young dynamic guards\wings seems easier to get competitive around by filling in with solid if not spectacular vets at the PF\C rotation, plus the Knicks would still have a young, promising C in WHG and Melo to play at his natural position at PF, unless he is also dealt for a pick, which ensures an even worse Knicks record and ANOTHER pick, though probably late 1st as Melo would be traded to a contender.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#90 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Greenie wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:Not the premise of this thread. We would be trading KP for the pick in this scenario.

2018 - 2 top 12 picks.

That's what I said in my first post. What if it was the first pick and we had 2,3 or 4 to go along with it.

Two or 3, yes, 4....starts to alter my desire. I'd want to walk away with 2 of 3 of Fultz, Ball, Jackson.

It's not the same as Fultz Tatum or Fultz Fox or Jackson Fox etc.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,704

Post#91 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Greenie wrote:OMG.

Lopez
Gasol
Jokic
Cousins
Towns
Embid

Bigs are shooting more threes than ever before. The dudes I listed will block your **** too.

Jokic averages 0.6 threes a game and 0.7 blocks per game. Cousins barely averages over a block a game. Don't compare KP to Embiid, a guy who literally can't stay on the floor. Towns averages barely over a 3 a game and barely over a block a game. Do you actually look at stats or do you just make stuff up hoping it's true? You comparing KP to Chriss destroys your credibility.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Lopez
Gasol
Jokic
Cousins
Towns
Embid

Gasol - All star
Cousins - All star

Lopez is a talent offensively but stinks on defense

Towns putting up similar numbers (more polished offensively) but KP is better on defense

Embiid - two foot surgeries and now a knee surgery so I can't put him in the discussion until he actually plays a full season.

So KP is putting up similar offensive numbers next to all those all-star caliber centers at the age of 21...and he is the best defensive player out of that group too.

ROSTER

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#93 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Your foes list has been updated successfully.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#94 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Dude has been hot since All-Star break

17.5 pts, 7.3 rebs, 1.3 stls, 2.3 blks and hitting 1.5 threes the last 4 games.

You're touting KP's skill set as unique. I don't think it's unique because there are too many other bigs that can shoot and block a shot. If he was the only dude doing it that would be unique. It would be like calling Westbrook unique in a league littered with uber athletic, rim attacking PG's. He's good, he's simply not unique.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#95 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Greenie wrote:

Rockin it on my fantasy team :D
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#96 » by malik959 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Greenie wrote:
j4remi wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

But if it's both BK picks then it's really Fultz/Ball/BK's pick (as close to guaranteed top 5 as it gets) vs Ball/KP or Fultz/KP. That extra top five pick is what really makes it intriguing along with the fact that moving KP would damn near guarantee us a cellar dweller season. Two top five picks in this draft class and potentially two top five picks in next year's draft is enticing even at the expense of KP. Granted...Boston won't do that and I have no problem keeping KP for his entire career. But both BK's picks is really enticing.

We're going to suck with or without KP next year.

Ball
Fultz
Brown
?(Melo should get the message of a pure rebuild loud and clear and waive that NTC)
Willy

...with two more top 5 picks on the way? Yes please. Yasssssssssssssssss!

Rather go with

Ball/Baker
Holiday/Lee
J.Jackson/Thomas
(Melo trade)
Willy
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#97 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:48 pm

In mid January, before his 3's numbers slipped slightly, he was the only player in NBA HISTORY to average 2 blocks and 2 3's a game. Is that not exclusive enough for you? I am not saying he's the second coming, but you saying he's just another big who can hit threes and block shots is just absurd and illogical. You also say he has no go to moves and has poor positional defense...HE'S 21!! In year 2!! Give the kid time to get even better. I'll say it again and again, go look at other players' 2nd year stats, you'll be surprised how much better they are now.

Look at Jokic's first year, Cousins' second year, Gasol's first three years, etc. Guys improve.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#98 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:49 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Lopez
Gasol
Jokic
Cousins
Towns
Embid

Gasol - All star
Cousins - All star

Lopez is a talent offensively but stinks on defense

Towns putting up similar numbers (more polished offensively) but KP is better on defense

Embiid - two foot surgeries and now a knee surgery so I can't put him in the discussion until he actually plays a full season.

So KP is putting up similar offensive numbers next to all those all-star caliber centers at the age of 21...and he is the best defensive player out of that group too.

Putting KP's defense above Marc Gasol's is a damn joke. Blocking shots does not equal defense. I know, he blocks over 2 shots a game! You love numbers so much but you're ignoring that the same guy you just called horrible on defense in Lopez averages 1.7 blocks per game...
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#99 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

You're touting KP's skill set as unique. I don't think it's unique because there are too many other bigs that can shoot and block a shot. If he was the only dude doing it that would be unique. It would be like calling Westbrook unique in a league littered with uber athletic, rim attacking PG's. He's good, he's simply not unique.

"Hot" since all star? 13, 5.5, 1.7 blocks...very good, but hot?

And yes Westbrook is ABSOLUTELY unique!!! What are you talking about?? He's a force that the league has never seen, my god. What PG is even CLOSE to Westbrook athletically? The only guy who was close is on our team, and he's a shell of himself.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#100 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Greenie wrote:

see that is where we differ. Westbrook is unique because he does that skill set better than everyone else. You are comparing guys that can hit 3's and can block shots but don't do it nearly as well as KP does it.

KP had a bad stretch of shooting (not going to make an excuse for that). But the consistency of his outside shot is so far above any of those other bigs. Like I posted only 13 players in the entire NBA have ever made 100 3's and blocked 100 shots in the NBA.

13 in the entire history of the NBA...if that isn't unique I don't know what is.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks