ImageImageImageImageImage

The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,099

Re: The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread 

Post#81 » by koogiking » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
pb-ceo wrote:i think when he commented on the former mvp, pjax kind of revealed a lot about his term as POBO at NYK. he said DR gets "into the paint". Forgetting that he does not create for others when he gets there. And commented that DR "said he wants to be here". And "i like that he said he wants to be here". I think you see the level of insight you have evaluating your roster with these revealing statements by POBO. that pjax is "surprised" that a guy who wants a big contract says he "wants to be here" to a guy with ability to write a big check is well kind of astonishing.

Derrick is a scoring guard first and foremost, organizing, leading, stuff like that is not particularly his strength.

This is what Phil said.

Yet he acquired him. When he already had Melo, who wasn't exactly tearing it up as "Point Forward".

I guess Noah was going to run the offense but unfortunately got hurt :D

Shows how terrible Phils decision making has been smh.. And Noah was a shell for two years before he signed him too so that shouldn't have been a surprise either..
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#82 » by Bill Pidto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Phil knew damn well D-Rose was not going to be MVP. He knew damn well D-Rose was not going to lead the Knicks to the promised land.

The Derrick Rose trade was a direct response to Melo saying no to a trade last summer, and telling Phil that he wanted to speed up the process of building a winner. Phil called his bluff. Win with Rose or be forced out while I collect my lotto pick.

Phil playing chess.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#83 » by nedleeds » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:04 am

Jeffrey wrote:1 year 5 million dollars. Sixth man, never a starter. It wil be our 1st round pick that will start and if he is hurt or needs rest, Baker will take over. As a sixth man, the perk is that you can go full Derrick Rose tilt and just be himself. We just pray that for every point you score, it's not a god damn net negative.

Why? He doesn't make our young players better because he doesn't pass. He's an awful example in the locker room. We have our pick in 2018. If we don't draft a PG or get back a sub- 26 one in whatever trash we get for MElo then just run Baker out and whatever happens happens. Maybe with enough experience he becomes Anthony Carter.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,768

Post#84 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:04 am

Bill Pidto wrote:Phil knew damn well D-Rose was not going to be MVP. He knew damn well D-Rose was not going to lead the Knicks to the promised land.

The Derrick Rose trade was a direct response to Melo saying no to a trade last summer, and telling Phil that he wanted to speed up the process of building a winner. Phil called his bluff. Win with Rose or be forced out while I collect my lotto pick.

Phil playing chess.

So he intentionally fu*ked over the team to spite Melo?

That is dumb as hell & unprofessional.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,516

Post#85 » by god shammgod » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 am

JBreezeNY wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:Phil knew damn well D-Rose was not going to be MVP. He knew damn well D-Rose was not going to lead the Knicks to the promised land.

Phil playing chess.

don't worry, he didn't do that. so he's only dumb as hell. then again in other things he is unprofessional. so...yeah, both. you were right. my bad. carry on.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#86 » by nedleeds » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

So is getting ejected 3 times and nearly leading the league in it.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#87 » by Bill Pidto » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:28 am

JBreezeNY wrote:

Phil playing chess.

He didn't f*ck over the team though. This team is in a better position for it.

I don't see anyone calling Sam Hinkie unprofessional. And the ones who called him dumb as hell are eating crow now.

Personally, I think "resisting" the offense/system is what's unprofessional.

Also, if you thought trading for D-Rose on a 1-year deal is what you call "swinging for the fences", or "going all in", or "f*cking over the team".. I would call that dumb as hell.

Like Phil said, there are 29 teams in the NBA every year who feel like they need to get better. So teams are positioning themselves all the time, and most of them aren't positioning themselves for an immediate title run.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#88 » by Greenie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:35 am

Phil playing chess.

The fuq?
The lotto pick could end up #10 and you gave away assets for a rental of Rose who doesn't fit with Melo or KP. Win with Rose or else? :eek1:

If that's Phil playing chess, he needs to stop because he's horrible at it.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#89 » by Greenie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:37 am

nedleeds wrote:So is getting ejected 3 times and nearly leading the league in it.

Dude, give it up.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#90 » by Greenie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

Phil playing chess.

I don't see anyone calling Sam Hinkie unprofessional. And the ones who called him dumb as hell are eating crow now.

Also, if you thought trading for D-Rose on a 1-year deal is what you call "swinging for the fences", or "going all in", or "f*cking over the team".. I would call that dumb as hell.

Like Phil said, there are 29 teams in the NBA every year who feel like they need to get better. So teams are positioning themselves all the time, and most of them aren't positioning themselves for an immediate title run.

"Phil knew damn well D-Rose was not going to be MVP. He knew damn well D-Rose was not going to lead the Knicks to the promised land."

You don't make that big of a trade thinking like that. So either Phil made the trade looking for a huge improvement and didn't get it or he knowingly fuqed us over.

Which one is it?
koogiking
Veteran

Post#91 » by koogiking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:49 am

Phil playing chess.

He's sabotaging us. Phil knows basketball, he knows that combo was not going to work smh
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#92 » by Marty McFly » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:17 am

koogiking wrote:

Phil playing chess.

He's sabotaging us. Phil knows basketball, he knows that combo was not going to work smh
is he sabotaging us, or himself? i mean, he traded for a guy who isn't an archetypal triangle pg, because even as a shell of his former self, he might have had plenty of talent left in the tank, when your star is hoping the team takes advantage of his "window".

i didn't like the rose trade, and didn't like the noah signing for obvious reasons. the only defense for the noah signing was the hole left by rolo from the rose trade, and that defense is flimsy at best. but I'm legitimately curious as to what a lot of the people who keep making the same arguments, would have done in his place to "improve" the team, knowing full well, a tank job might seem unsavory to your star player.

the worst thing phil did was give melo his ntc in exchange for that "paycut". if you're going to talk about the moves phil has made that has **** this team it is giving melo his ntc.

so yeah, in hindsight, he's a dumb ass.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
koogiking
Veteran

Post#93 » by koogiking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:21 am

We would have been better off keeping Lopez and signing Jeff Teague in free agency. nearly anything would have been better than the Rose + Noah moves
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#94 » by Marty McFly » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:27 am

koogiking wrote:We would have been better off keeping Lopez and signing Jeff Teague in free agency. nearly anything would have been better than the Rose + Noah moves

signing jeff teague when? jeff teague was trade bait last year. he's a free agent after this season.

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
koogiking
Veteran

Post#95 » by koogiking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:45 am

You're right. I thought Teague was a free agent signing. But I was wrong. Regardless the Rose move was a bust. Phil Jackson like the rest of us got caught up into the name.. but ignored what we've seen on the court the past few years

Also Even in his prime rose was never a triangle fit
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#96 » by Marty McFly » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:53 am

koogiking wrote:You're right. I thought Teague was a free agent signing. But I was wrong. Regardless the Rose move was a bust. Phil Jackson like the rest of us got caught up into the name.. but ignored what we've seen on the court the past few years

Also Even in his prime rose was never a triangle fit

i pointed out rose's obtuseness for the triangle in my post. the question remains, who are you signing at pg? be mindful we still have jose on the cap. also disregard pg's who aren't triangle fits seeing as that's an issue with rose.

Greenie
RealGM

Post#97 » by Greenie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:00 pm

I wanted Patrick Beverly.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 930

Post#98 » by FKF » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Greenie wrote:

Phil playing chess.

The fuq?
The lotto pick could end up #10 and you gave away assets for a rental of Rose who doesn't fit with Melo or KP. Win with Rose or else? :eek1:

Melo played chess first by meeting competition when he was a FA, and commanding a five years offer including an NTC.

The Lakers were right there to pair Melo and Kobe, and the Knicks had to surrender all their guns to keep Melo.

In retrospect, Phil should just have let Melo walk to LA, but the media and fans like you would have killed him for that.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#99 » by Greenie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:02 pm

FKF wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Phil playing chess.

The fuq?

Melo played chess first by meeting competition when he was a FA, and commanding a five years offer including an NTC.

The Lakers were right there to pair Melo and Kobe, and the Knicks had to surrender all their guns to keep Melo.

In retrospect, Phil should just have let Melo walk to LA, but the media and fans like you would have killed him for that.

First off, you don't know **** about me.
I was cool letting Melo walk if we were going to go into a full rebuild. I said so.

It was Phil who came in claiming his triangle would fix everything and make ys a contender. Dolan hired Phil to convince Melo to stay.

I have wanted a fuqing rebuild since 2010.
Step with thinking you know me.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#100 » by Tron Carter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

Phil playing chess.

R.I.P Black Mamba

Return to New York Knicks