ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 New York Rangers Discussion

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: 2017 New York Rangers Discussion 

Post#81 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:56 am

Rangers took care of business, beating the Devils 5-2, a team that I think may have peaked. A game highlighted by Zuccarrello racing back and using his stick to sling the puck out of the goal because Lundqvist prematurely committed and was sprawled out leaving the goal post unprotected. Rangers defense SAVED Henrik at least SIX times.

Doesn't get any easier. Rangers take on Dallas Stars and then the Los Angeles Kings. Yeesh.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#82 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:19 am

Rangers drop 2-1 to the Dallas Stars in a shoot out. Back up goaltender Pavelec stopped 44/45 shots comparatively to the 25/26 shots the Rangers put up. Next up the Rangers travel to Ottawa then back home against Los Angeles, two TOUGH teams.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#83 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:38 am

Didn't see any of the game, but when looking at the box score I was amazed how many stops Pavelec made. Looks like the Rangers were lucky to pick up a point tonight.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#84 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:35 pm

I don't think I would be alarmed if the Rangers were on the road but at home? That's unforgivable. Now they travel to Ottawa. Another fast team. Watched them at Barclay vs the Isles. Sens raced out 2-0, Isles rallied but too little too late. Sens won in a football score. Then the Rangers host the sizzling hot LA Kings on Friday. The Kings are ranked #1 in defense and GAA. Only weakness is the fact, the Kings suck on the power play. Thing is, the Rangers play well against really good teams then play down to the competition (see Florida game). You can SEE on the Players' faces that they have to play better.

Also Buchnevich NEEDS more ice time. Looking at you, AV!
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#85 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 am

Make that two straight losses. Rangers drop to Ottawa Senators 2-3. The 3rd goal in the beginning of the third period was a killer. Now they come home and host the well rested LA Kings who don't even have double digit losses.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#86 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Rangers finally righted the ship last night, upsetting the LA Kings 4-2. I was in attendance. Nice seats section 106 row 9. Nash stepped it up when it counted, creating a turnover and rushing in an hitting the game winning goal against Quick who is having an exceptional season. The empty netter ice'd the game.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#87 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Quietly, the NY Rangers are ascending the Metropolitan Division after back to back wins against LA Kings and Boston Bruins, two teams that are no slouch. NExt up: Ducks, Devils, Maple leafs, Capitals, and Red Wings to close out the year. Really interesting to see where the Rangers stand after this year is over.

Anyone going to the Winter Classic? I am debating it.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:31 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Quietly, the NY Rangers are ascending the Metropolitan Division after back to back wins against LA Kings and Boston Bruins, two teams that are no slouch. NExt up: Ducks, Devils, Maple leafs, Capitals, and Red Wings to close out the year. Really interesting to see where the Rangers stand after this year is over.

Anyone going to the Winter Classic? I am debating it.

I would like to think that Christmas day I'm going to be getting tickets, other wise I'll probably buy tickets. Looking at like 150 per for some upper deck seats.

Rangers pick up another win tonight, pretty impressive performance from the fourth line. With Mika back this team is starting to get into a real groove, they typically fare well on the road as well so hopefully it's not all doom and gloom like the Knicks.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,427

Post#89 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:52 am

Zibanejad returns in a strong 4-1 win over the Ducks. Rangers are now 2 points behind Pittsburgh and Washington in the Metro division. Rangers are playing their best hockey right now...

Edit: Rangers behind NJ and Washington...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#90 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Correction: Rangers are 2 pts behind New Jersey and 4 pts behind Washington. They'll definitely surpass the Devils who have peaked. They'll still be fighting off Pittsburgh and Columbus till the end of the season.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#91 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 am

Rangers suffer OT loss to the Devils in Joisey. Need to see if the Rangers can deal to get Brian Boyle back for the 4th line.

Next, the Toronto Maple Leafs under Babcock who are no slouch.
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#92 » by Lotsix » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Devils are the Oilers(not this years version) of the east, Fast, Smart and Fun to watch
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#93 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:07 am

Rangers dropped one to the Babcock led Toronto Maple leafs, who are no longer a joke after the former Detroit Red Wing coach came on board. Of course, the Ranger didn't do themselves any favors, horribly SLOPPY on the offensive end. JT Miller fell asleep cross ice passing in his own end, which led to odd man rushes.

I was at the game, the intensity was there and felt the agony when Grabner's potential game tying goal was waived off due to off sides...

I gotta say this about Shattenkirk. He's a talented offensive kid but he's undersized and Maple Leafs pounced every time his line was out there.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:48 am

Just an incredible game for Pavelec tonight, made some incredible saves. Rangers got lucky in overtime, Carlson should've had that wrap around. Either win, the Rangers needed this one tonight and walk out win a shootout win.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,427

Post#95 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:51 am

Good defensive effort by the Blueshirts against the Caps.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#96 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:13 am

Pavelec is undefeated against the Caps. He has their number. I love him as a backup. I didn't go to last night's game. I am still hungover from the 3-2 loss to Toronto where Gabby had one taken away due to off sides and just slop by JT Miller.

Overall I am 5-1 at the Garden.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#97 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Kreider is OUT indefinitely with a blood clot found in his left arm. Not a good sign as the Rangers are in Detroit.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Kreider is OUT indefinitely with a blood clot found in his left arm. Not a good sign as the Rangers are in Detroit.

The only positive spin to take from this is that Pavel has to become the guy on offense... right? Sucks for Kreider, he's been playing a lot better as of late.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#99 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:47 am

For some goddam reason, AV doesn’t play Buchnevich very much.

I think it’s due to the fact, Pavel doesn’t play that cute AV offense where it waits for the perfect opening but rather aggressively charges and attacks the net.

In the game against Toronto, AV didn’t play Buchnevich very much and that’s a problem moving forward.

The Leafs coached by former Red Wing coach, Babcock has his guys disciplined and will close down the passing lanes IF you give time to set up. That’s exactly what the Rangers gave...

It was interesting studying AV’s nonchalant “meh” about Kreider, even talking about his play that could have been better. While that is true, gotta keep in mind that the Rangers doctors checked him out and said, “You’re ok.” Then after the first period, his left arm was swollen like a grapefruit.

You had the same problem with Mika who came back from concussion, AV said he had time off...well against Toronto he didn’t feel right and they had to pull him off.

Something about AV’s precision offense allows players to get murdered. I could be wrong.

I feel, as the season progresses, sometimes the perfect play won’t develop.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#100 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:52 am

*slow clap*

Wondering in the shoot out why AV went with Mika who hasn’t looked good since coming back from the concussion. Think I would have gone with Nash.

Letteiri got his first goal. Not sure what to think. Nice young man.

I think one of the problems, AV has small forwards who get eaten up, See Toronto game.

Return to New York Knicks