ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers Matchup

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Prediction

Knicks in 4
7%
Knicks in 5
37%
Knicks in 6
33%
Knicks in 7
11%
Pacers in 7
8%
Pacers in 6
4%
Pacers in 5
No votes
Pacers in 4
No votes

Total votes: 73

kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 538

Re: Pacers Matchup 

Post#81 » by kNicksGmen » Tue May 21, 2024 4:28 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
I call this sheer arrogance rather , injuries happen to every team , it’s part of the game so maybe when voting take into consideration that said roster won’t be perfectly healthy

Nah man, you can't say its a part of the game, technically you're correct.. but not to the extent the Knicks had them. You expect to maybe be missing one starter or one bench guy or two.. nothing literally the entire starting 5 basically and 2 bench guys :lol:

And thats not even counting guys like Hart/iHart/Brunson who were playing while clearly banged up bad.

Well before Indiana series started you already knew Randle and Bojan won’t be coming back yet still predicted a sweep , or Knicks in 5 most of you

On top of it OG isn’t the Ironman , it’s well known throughout the league

With the usage Brunson getting it’s not hard to imagine occasional injury

Hart abdominal muscles injury was the least predictable, I’ll give you that

But looking at Indiana healthy squad , good coaching it was madness to predict the sweep , or like I said above pure arrogance

only injuries going in were Randle and Bojan. Mitch was thought to be a go. The idea that "we should have predicted injuries" is a dumb take.

Again, despite Mitch going after game 1, Brunson and OG getting hurt in game 2, knicks were still very close to going up 3-0 and potentially sweeping or winning in 5. Also if you can read the poll properly, the vast majority picked knicks in 5 or 6 (not a sweep). this was also the majority that the experts/analysts picked.

So again, the prediction wasn't out of the realm of possibility. you can go back in hindsight and paint any picture you want though.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,789

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2024 4:32 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
aggo wrote:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2369921&p=112286360&hilit=5+out+indiana#p112286360
best matchup:

orlando
cle

neutral:

76ers

worst matchups:

Boston
miami
indiana

Miami/indiana/Boston are worst matchups because they have 5s that draw out ihart/mitch from he paint and leave the basket vulnerable to dribble drive

in particular we would be really bad matchup vs Indiana because not only do they have a 5 that jacks up threes, they jack up a ton of threes in general and our defensive philosophy of showing help, getting into lanes, and recovering out to the 3pt line is quite vulnerable.

76ers are neutral because I liked thib's gameplan vs Embiid earlier in the season which was to give him space eveyrtime to shoot jumpers vs letting him dribble for layups, fouls, and dunks

The Pacers don't make the cut. They only won because we lost OG/Mitch and Hart/Brunson/iHart were playing through injuries at some point. Otherwise we would have won the series easily.

Indiana is easily the worst team left in the tournament. They played two heavily compromised teams to get to the ECF. I don't respect em
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,975

Post#83 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue May 21, 2024 4:39 pm

You can only play who's in front of you.

Pacers are a good team.

We'd have beaten them with Mitch, OG and Randle no doubt but they're no joke either.

They have one of game's best point guards, an All-Star PF, a legit stretch 5 who can also protect the rim, and multiple wings. Plus they have a coach with championship experience.

We'll see them again.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,491

Post#84 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
aggo wrote:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2369921&p=112286360&hilit=5+out+indiana#p112286360

The Pacers don't make the cut. They only won because we lost OG/Mitch and Hart/Brunson/iHart were playing through injuries at some point. Otherwise we would have won the series easily.

Indiana is easily the worst team left in the tournament. They played two heavily compromised teams to get to the ECF. I don't respect em

Man you switched your beloved franchise to their biggest across town rival

If KnixTape say he don’t respect them -fine , any other lifelong Knicks fan - fine , damn even if the GreenArrow or Eyatoma say he don’t respect them - still fine

Give respect - Earn respect , otherwise it’s just empty words

I wanna say I respect you or anything you have to say but I don’t
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,789

Post#85 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2024 10:56 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

If KnixTape say he don’t respect them -fine , any other lifelong Knicks fan - fine , damn even if the GreenArrow or Eyatoma say he don’t respect them - still fine

I did what the trash ass Nets did to me when they left New Jersey. i left, because I owe them, and you for that matter, nothing but my ass to kiss. It's not my fault you want to remain miserable by drinking Joe Tsai's genocide tinged Kool aid. That is your choice. I want to enjoy my life.

I dunno why you care anyway, you and another tool on that board cussed me out, one of you stalked me like a psychopath ex, and the other dude who barely could speak English coherently, because he was drowning his depression in a 5th of bottom shelf every night, threatened to come to my house shoot me. You're lucky that I don't have it out for every single one of you.

Meanwhile, you are here trolling because the Nets have given you nothing else. You basically said that the Knicks losing to the Pacers was your championship as a Nets fan. Are you even hearing yourself right now? That is some sad sh*t man. Knicks fans here weren't even thinking about yall. Well, other than the fact that Mikal Bridges wants to play for the Knicks. Another coincidence, I'm sure.

Reflect on this and leave me alone lil bro. I'm not the cause of your misery.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,491

Post#86 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 22, 2024 12:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I did what the trash ass Nets did to me when they left New Jersey. i left, because I owe them, and you for that matter, nothing but my ass to kiss. It's not my fault you want to remain miserable by drinking Joe Tsai's genocide tinged Kool aid. That is your choice. I want to enjoy my life.

I dunno why you care anyway, you and another tool on that board cussed me out, one of you stalked me like a psychopath ex, and the other dude who barely could speak English coherently, because he was drowning his depression in a 5th of bottom shelf every night, threatened to come to my house shoot me. You're lucky that I don't have it out for every single one of you.

Meanwhile, you are here trolling because the Nets have given you nothing else. You basically said that the Knicks losing to the Pacers was your championship as a Nets fan. Are you even hearing yourself right now? That is some sad sh*t man. Knicks fans here weren't even thinking about yall. Well, other than the fact that Mikal Bridges wants to play for the Knicks. Another coincidence, I'm sure.

I tell you something, all of us is different, I don’t see being Nets fan as a misery at all, you was angry at Tsai rightfully so but you know what times change , ownerships change too ( maybe not Dolan , another shmuck not much better or worse than Tsai )

Imagine I root only for the Nets and another football club ( you call soccer )

That football club had in the past amazing accomplishments like winning championship twice , competing with the biggest in the world like Real Madrid , Udinese , Man United and then **** happened…..

UEFA sanctioned the club ( and relegated them instantly to the second league) then 3 years in a row club was so poor and badly run that they relegated 3 times in a row to the fifth league ( read like basically Knicks or Nets being relegated to Rucker Park )

Ownership changed 6 times , we been in 5 th league for 27 YEARS , beautiful state of the art stadium (30 K capacity) was closed permanently and later demolished, we had a team with beautiful history , no stadium , bad players , and no future in sight ,now this is misery knowing your club might never exist again

You know what this club had for 27 years , THE FANS who stood with the club , either though we were playin on temporary **** grounds , maybe 1k capacity and there was always at least 25k people who wanted to attend the games , we didn’t lost the fans , we gained ,and finally in 2015 we started ascending again each year we advanced to the higher league , now again club is in the highest league , it only took us 31 Years to comeback

So you can say I’m miserable, I might be , but That’s how I was raised , to be Loyal to the clubs I grow up with

I could’ve jumped on Denver bandwagon last year and celebrated their their championship like my own , but come on that’s foocking FAKE

That’s how you gonna feel if Knicks ever wins the championship I believe , FAKE
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,312

Post#87 » by Kampuchea » Wed May 22, 2024 12:33 am

This guy is really interested in what MDB is doing. A bit creepy
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,261

Post#88 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed May 22, 2024 12:58 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

I tell you something, all of us is different, I don’t see being Nets fan as a misery at all, you was angry at Tsai rightfully so but you know what times change , ownerships change too ( maybe not Dolan , another shmuck not much better or worse than Tsai )

Imagine I root only for the Nets and another football club ( you call soccer )

That football club had in the past amazing accomplishments like winning championship twice , competing with the biggest in the world like Real Madrid , Udinese , Man United and then **** happened…..

UEFA sanctioned the club ( and relegated them instantly to the second league) then 3 years in a row club was so poor and badly run that they relegated 3 times in a row to the fifth league ( read like basically Knicks or Nets being relegated to Rucker Park )

Ownership changed 6 times , we been in 5 th league for 27 YEARS , beautiful state of the art stadium (30 K capacity) was closed permanently and later demolished, we had a team with beautiful history , no stadium , bad players , and no future in sight ,now this is misery knowing your club might never exist again

You know what this club had for 27 years , THE FANS who stood with the club , either though we were playin on temporary **** grounds , maybe 1k capacity and there was always at least 25k people who wanted to attend the games , we didn’t lost the fans , we gained ,and finally in 2015 we started ascending again each year we advanced to the higher league , now again club is in the highest league , it only took us 31 Years to comeback

So you can say I’m miserable, I might be , but That’s how I was raised , to be Loyal to the clubs I grow up with

I could’ve jumped on Denver bandwagon last year and celebrated their their championship like my own , but come on that’s foocking FAKE

That’s how you gonna feel if Knicks ever wins the championship I believe , FAKE

viewforum.php?f=23

Return to New York Knicks