ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,125

Re: PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory 

Post#901 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:14 pm

I noticed they had Hart on Maxey more than a few times in the 2nd half and he actually did a pretty good job. They were switching between OG and Hart on Maxey every few plays, it was awesome.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | . |
SF: Griffin | .
PF: .| Prince| .
C: Lively II | .
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,700

Post#902 » by j4remi » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:15 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Ton of props to Thibs as well. All that prep paid off. He pushed all the right buttons. Great call to get Donte back in too

Read on Twitter
?t=3YRPb5BBewIl57bfW_rbSw&s=19

At the beginning of the season, I complained when bigs weren't making clean reads out of offensive boards, so it's nice to see the beat talk about the value in turning quick passes out of those grabs.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,795

Post#903 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:18 pm

We break their back if we win Game 3.
Free Palestine
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#904 » by TKKnicks1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:20 pm

Watched the entire 4th qtr again and I said this in the GT and I'm gonna say it again. We lost the momentum when Brunson came back in. We had taken our largest lead of the game with the McBride 3pt play just prior to him checking back in. The Sixers went on a run pretty much immediately after that. Thibs also took out Bogs when he had made 2 huge threes. In game 1 Thibs rode the bench for extended time and our momentum never faltered.

I think if Thibs would have let them cook for just an extra 2 more minutes before making these subs, Knicks would have built up a double digit lead and wouldn't have needed a miracle to close this one out.

I really think we need to play Brunson off ball and have McBride as the primary handler.
~I Believe!~
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,722

Post#905 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:21 pm

I see multiple fouls here that weren't called on both teams. The crying needs to stop.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#906 » by Monk1718 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

I see multiple fouls here that weren't called on both teams. The crying needs to stop.

Think about how lame it would have been for refs to have called something for either team at that moment. Would have robbed us of a classic.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,236

Post#907 » by Guano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:23 pm

Monk1718 wrote:Those final possessions was a team effort. Everyone made a big play. Brunson 3,Hart pressing up and Maxey and getting the steal, Shart grabbing that huge rebound in a sea of red and OG with the pass to Divo for 3. It was a beautiful thing….I'm still high on the moment.

Can't consume enough content this morning. Such a dope win. They shouldn't have won that game but they didn't quit to a man like you said. Even Brunson taking that 3 that had a ridiculous bounce to drop. Everyone on the floor gave effort. Such a stupid awesome win.

It's easy to look forward to the next game or focus on the negatives about Brunson's struggle. Or say it doesn't matter if we don't close out, but I'm not hearing that. I'm riding this win until next game shows up.

This team has 99 vibes. A bunch of try hards. Guys that don't care if they're playing an mvp or a guy that can't miss from anywhere on the court and is faster than light. These knicks are going to scrap all game long and smile while being hit back. This team is so easy to root for.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,197

Post#908 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:25 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Donte is getting props for the game winning shot of course, but not enough love for what he did before Jalen’s three.

Jalen drove and lost the ball at the top of the key. Donte immediately rushed in from the corner to a pack of people to grab it. He then backs up, crosses over, drives, does a high gather to avoid swipes, and finds Jalen for the trey.

That is not something a normal 3 pt gunner does. Donte isnt perfect of course, but he’s way more well rounded than some give him credit for. Played great defense in this one too. He wasn’t guarding Maxey much. When he’s rested his defense can be legit though.

It was looking like Donte wasnt even going to close the game but Deuce looked tired, and made a couple dubious plays/fouls down the stretch which kinda forced Thibs’ hand. So many things went right in the end.

I can’t remember if it was inside the nba last night or first take this morning but someone mentioned that when Lowry stripped the ball from Brunson, both Hart and DiVincenzo beat the 6ers player to it. Donte was the one that ended up with it but even if he didn’t, Hart probably would have. How often do you have 2 elite hustle guys beating there guy to the ball? The motor on those guys have is insane. Then you add in Ihart, it’s surprising that other teams ever get a 50/50 ball.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#909 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:26 pm

I think Thibs needs to create some off ball actions for Brunson to get Philly's defense off balance, and if Brunson does attack the paint, he needs to make better reads instead of forcing shots 1 on 3.

Take what they give you and make them pay for it.

Guano
RealGM

Post#910 » by Guano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

If I'm a 6er fan I'm more pissed at iHart getting the board with 4 6ers there or Maxey flopping or nurse not calling a TO before the inbounds pass or even lowry throwing that trash inbound pass.

Begging for the refs to bail you out is basically this
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#911 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 pm

Guano wrote:
Monk1718 wrote:Those final possessions was a team effort. Everyone made a big play. Brunson 3,Hart pressing up and Maxey and getting the steal, Shart grabbing that huge rebound in a sea of red and OG with the pass to Divo for 3. It was a beautiful thing….I'm still high on the moment.

Can't consume enough content this morning. Such a dope win. They shouldn't have won that game but they didn't quit to a man like you said. Even Brunson taking that 3 that had a ridiculous bounce to drop. Everyone on the floor gave effort. Such a stupid awesome win.

It's easy to look forward to the next game or focus on the negatives about Brunson's struggle. Or say it doesn't matter if we don't close out, but I'm not hearing that. I'm riding this win until next game shows up.

This team has 99 vibes. A bunch of try hards. Guys that don't care if they're playing an mvp or a guy that can't miss from anywhere on the court and is faster than light. These knicks are going to scrap all game long and smile while being hit back. This team is so easy to root for.

In gamer speak, this team is a bunch of "sweats" :lol:

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#912 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I think Thibs needs to create some off ball actions for Brunson to get Philly's defense off balance, and if Brunson does attack the paint, he needs to make better reads instead of forcing shots 1 on 3.

Thank you. This is what I’ve been saying!
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#913 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 pm

Guano wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

If I'm a 6er fan I'm more pissed at iHart getting the board with 4 6ers there or Maxey flopping or nurse not calling a TO before the inbounds pass or even lowry throwing that trash inbound pass.

Begging for the refs to bail you out is basically this

Oh yeah, they’re whining big time about all that. Check out The Philadelphia Inquirer article on the game.

https://www.inquirer.com/sports/sixers-joel-embiid-knicks-game-2-nba-playoffs-20240423.html
Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,700

Post#914 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Guano
RealGM

Post#915 » by Guano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I think Thibs needs to create some off ball actions for Brunson to get Philly's defense off balance, and if Brunson does attack the paint, he needs to make better reads instead of forcing shots 1 on 3.

Thank you. This is what I’ve been saying!

He did do this in the 3rd. He was feeding iHart a lot.

He hasn't been taking wild shots. These are his normal looks. He is just not making them. The more he misses the more uncomfortable he is looking.

He is either going to start hitting them or the ship is going to sink. We only go as far as Brunson is taking us.

I didn't love the contested corner 3 he took at the close of the game. but it was dope he let it rip and had the fortuitous bounce at the end.

He'll get right moving forward.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,518

Post#916 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:Watched the entire 4th qtr again and I said this in the GT and I'm gonna say it again. We lost the momentum when Brunson came back in. We had taken our largest lead of the game with the McBride 3pt play just prior to him checking back in. The Sixers went on a run pretty much immediately after that. Thibs also took out Bogs when he had made 2 huge threes. In game 1 Thibs rode the bench for extended time and our momentum never faltered.

I think if Thibs would have let them cook for just an extra 2 more minutes before making these subs, Knicks would have built up a double digit lead and wouldn't have needed a miracle to close this one out.

I really think we need to play Brunson off ball and have McBride as the primary handler.
Image he got us here
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,483

Post#917 » by spree8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:We break their back if we win Game 3.

If Jalen plays like even half of the way he did during this MVP caliber season, we sweep.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,542

Post#918 » by GONYK » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:35 pm

NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,013

Post#919 » by NowWHYcee7 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:37 pm

Do you guys think that with Josh shooting the lights out, their defense will be forced to not load up on Brunson as much...hoping that may give him some room to break out of his slump.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,542

Post#920 » by GONYK » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:Do you guys think that with Josh shooting the lights out, their defense will be forced to not load up on Brunson as much...hoping that may give him some room to break out of his slump.

I think their defense is pretty set. They will take their chances with Josh shooting 40%+ over letting Brunson get 30.

It's almost worked twice now.

Return to New York Knicks