ImageImageImageImageImage

O.T. .::THE SCIENCE AND PHILOSOPHY THREAD::.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: O.T.:To conspiracy theorists/NWO believers/non-believers 

Post#61 » by magnumt » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:07 pm

method wrote:
magnumt wrote:
And dude, talk about butchering words. :lol:

Yeah I type why to fast without proof reading.Also doesnt help that I dont have spellcheck on.:)

Not you, gavran. :lol:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#62 » by gavran » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:11 pm

method wrote:edit:why would they be on top of each other if it wasnt meant to be that way?Of course if you seperate a hierogliph you could make it mean anthing.But it wasnt meant to.

Missed this part, so I'm gonna (try to) answer it now. It's just the way we are. Someone made those hierogliphs, and centuries later someone else decided he doesn't like those, so he tried to earse it, and write something else. Now as time passed by, it got old, some parts fell off the wall, and voila, it looks like submarine. I wish I could find the meaning of the separate lines, but I just can't find it with Google.

magnumt wrote:
Not you, gavran. :lol:

My excuse is pretty much the same, plus I can always pull out the "English is not my native language card" :P
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#63 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:11 pm

magnumt wrote:
j4remi wrote:Ancient batteries too...there are some strange things out there.

Yeah, when I 1st saw that I was like whooooooooooh! :lol:

Egyptians really had some things they shouldn't have (as did many of the other Ancient Powers). The Romans for example should not have had such a grasp of Architecture and Infrastructure. The Babylonians should not have known so much about Agriculture or Metallurgy. The Greeks/Persians about Naval/Astronomy. The Myans about Astronomy/Math.

You get the point.

--Mags

I would love for someone to decipher the Voynich (sp?) Manuscript some day or what the hell the Giant Stone balls are in Costa Rica...
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#64 » by Thorn » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:12 pm

TheBluest wrote:
REVOLVER wrote:i think its an interesting theory. i don't think believing that the human race was created by a race of aliens is that difference from believing in some all powerful entity.

I've been trying to get around to reading a couple of different books (forbidden archeology, and chariots of the gods) apart from looking for a book that explains and goes into detail about how Mesopotamian mythology pertains to the abrahamic religions. i do find it interesting that in Rev 4:5 it says
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

and in Sumerian mythology their are 7 gods who decree (anu, enlil, ki, enki, ishtar, sin, and sama).

personally I'm by no means some learned scholar on this subject, but it has intrigued me my whole life and I'm always willing to learn something new.

Please break down Daniel 10:13 and 10:20.....I'd like to get your thoughts

Daniel 10:13 (New International Version)

13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

Daniel 10:20 (New International Version)

20 So he said, "Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come;

What is there to break down?
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#65 » by magnumt » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:14 pm

gavran wrote:
magnumt wrote:
gavran wrote:Those arend helicopters and shapeships, those are just two different layers of hierogliphs on top of each other. Once you separate them, it all makes sense.

Everything is explainable if you look hard enough, right? I bet I can explain that the letter X is really two other symbols accidentally placed on top of each other.

True, you can explain everything in a lot of different ways, but that's where Occam's razor kicks in. Helicopters and submarines make no sense in ancient Egypt, but tales of a dead pharao do (which is the case in Abydos)

Egypt was a Naval Power too in its day. They were a trading hub, and Military might and knew how to maneuver their little pieces of land that they had.

Da Vinci developed the 1st modern helicopter centuries before it was manifested into something real.

People today have theorized/dreamt of power systems that could be light Years ahead of their time, and could only be realized when certain Technological Thresholds are meat/checked-off.

--Mags :)

magnumt6
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#66 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:15 pm

For the guys discussing religious quotes and numbers...Cross check all numbers with astrology...I watched a documentary called Zeitgeist that changed the Christ story completely for me.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Lottery Bound » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:15 pm

This actually is believable and is a good explanation as to why Sam Cassell is here.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#68 » by method » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:16 pm

gavran wrote:
method wrote:edit:why would they be on top of each other if it wasnt meant to be that way?Of course if you seperate a hierogliph you could make it mean anthing.But it wasnt meant to.

Missed this part, so I'm gonna (try to) answer it now. It's just the way we are. Someone made those hierogliphs, and centuries later someone else decided he doesn't like those, so he tried to earse it, and write something else. Now as time passed by, it got old, some parts fell off the wall, and voila, it looks like submarine. I wish I could find the meaning of the separate lines, but I just can't find it with Google.

Yeah I see what you mean.But the proof is overwhelming that is just the tip of the iceberg.
method
RealGM

Post#69 » by method » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:17 pm

gavran wrote:

My excuse is pretty much the same, plus I can always pull out the "English is not my native language part" :P

LOL, me to rasied up speaking italian.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by magnumt » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:18 pm

j4remi wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Egyptians really had some things they shouldn't have (as did many of the other Ancient Powers). The Romans for example should not have had such a grasp of Architecture and Infrastructure. The Babylonians should not have known so much about Agriculture or Metallurgy. The Greeks/Persians about Naval/Astronomy. The Myans about Astronomy/Math.

You get the point.

--Mags

I would love for someone to decipher the Voynich (sp?) Manuscript some day or what the hell the Giant Stone balls are in Costa Rica...

:lol: , Indeed. I want Easter Island and Stonehenge as my Ancient Mysteries that need to be unlocked. :P

It's like people who say the Bimini Roads were naturally carved and laid out that way. My ass, near-perfect spheres the size and weight of cars could be naturally carved and placed like that (speaking both about the Roads and Balls here that you and I just referred to). :P

--Mags

magnumt6
gavran
RealGM

Post#71 » by gavran » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:18 pm

method wrote:
gavran wrote:

Yeah I see what you mean.But the proof is overwhelming that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Agreed. I've read every book from Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock, they write about this stuff a lot. It's just puts things in different perspective, even if half of it is just a daydream.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#72 » by kane2021 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:19 pm

Amazing really.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by magnumt » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:20 pm

j4remi wrote:For the guys discussing religious quotes and numbers...Cross check all numbers with astrology...I watched a documentary called Zeitgeist that changed the Christ story completely for me.

Well the story there goes that in the Bible, certain placement of Words and letters when cross-referenced with a certain cipher can tell the future of major traumatic events in History (many of which have come to pass).

--Mags

magnumt6
method
RealGM

Post#74 » by method » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:22 pm

magnumt wrote:
I

It's like people who say the Bimini Roads were naturally carved and laid out that way. My ass, near-perfect spheres the size and weight of cars could be naturally carved and placed like that (speaking both about the Roads and Balls here that you and I just referred to). :P

--Mags

The best part of that is Edger Gacey predicted that the bimini road is part of Atalantis.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,986

Post#75 » by ITGM » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:24 pm

magnumt wrote:

You get the point.

--Mags

Actually we are the ones who are out of sync. We are groomed to be mindless idiots, we are fed poison and our thirst is quenched with contamination. We are given an education that is superfluous to our advancement of the human race and our entire existence has been setup for us to value a specious reality.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by magnumt » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:26 pm

ITGM wrote:Actually we are the ones who are out of sync. We are groomed to be mindless idiots, we are fed poison and our thirst is quenched with contamination. We are given an education that is superfluous to our advancement of the human race and our entire existence has been setup for us to value a specious reality.

^People (on both sides) are having an educated civil discussion here. Take that illiterate & drama-filled sh*t elsewhere. :roll:

magnumt6
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#77 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:30 pm

magnumt wrote:
:lol: , Indeed. I want Easter Island and Stonehenge as my Ancient Mysteries that need to be unlocked. :P

--Mags

So many questions that will probably never be answered.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

method
RealGM

Post#78 » by method » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:32 pm

magnumt wrote:
Well the story there goes that in the Bible, certain placement of Words and letters when cross-referenced with a certain cipher can tell the future of major traumatic events in History (many of which have come to pass).

--Mags

Its called the bible codes,I read a book on it and they make a pretty good argument.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#79 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:35 pm

magnumt wrote:
j4remi wrote:For the guys discussing religious quotes and numbers...Cross check all numbers with astrology...I watched a documentary called Zeitgeist that changed the Christ story completely for me.

--Mags

Ahh the Bible Code. That one is a mystery to me, and one that has yet to really be proven as these guys always come out with events that were encoded...after the fact. Actually, in the History Channel special on it, I recall mention of a time traveler giving warnings through biblical writings. I'm iffy on that one though, until someone comes out and makes a handful of accurate predictions all with Bible code proof.

But what I mean is that Jesus the son...was a metaphor for, the Sun. The 12 apostles being the zodiac. The Easter story represents the points of the year when the Sun is at it's lowest and then begins to "rise again" in the sky (technically). The three kings were stars as well. It's already clear that the Bible is a collection of many older pagan stories mixed with new ideas...but you throw the astrology in and suddenly it's hard to take any of it literal.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

gavran
RealGM

Post#80 » by gavran » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:38 pm

method wrote:
magnumt wrote:
I

--Mags

The best part of that is Edger Gacey predicted that the bimini road is part of Atalantis.

We've been arguing about Cayce before, I think he was a lunatic (he saw his granddad getting killed by a horse, and a few years later he fell in coma after a head trauma, more than enough to mess with your head), but the interesting thing is that when he was talking about Atlantis he said it was destroyed in 10500 BC, and it's an interesting date. According to Bauval the Egyptian pyramids are aligned to the Orion constellation as it was in 10500 BC. Not just, the pyramids, but the Sphynx, and the Cambodian Angkor Wat leads to the same date, if you're following the movement of the stars.

Return to New York Knicks