ImageImageImageImageImage

fantasy league thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Re: fantasy league thread 

Post#521 » by ITGM » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:05 am

knickfan wrote:Hey guys, sorry, severely slacking this year. Have a family and a kid now, but yea, no excuse I know. I reset everything so hopefully it won't be too late. If you guys are able to get on tonight it'll be set if not I understand.

Just saw the invite, I tried to join but I keep getting this error message: The league is not in pre-draft mode.

Maraksattack
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#522 » by Maraksattack » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:43 am

Same here.i keep getting the same error message.could not get in too
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#523 » by br7knicks » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:56 am

ITGM wrote:
knickfan wrote:Hey guys, sorry, severely slacking this year. Have a family and a kid now, but yea, no excuse I know. I reset everything so hopefully it won't be too late. If you guys are able to get on tonight it'll be set if not I understand.

Just saw the invite, I tried to join but I keep getting this error message: The league is not in pre-draft mode.

Same.

Knickfan, just change the draft date. We need to get the real varsity league going. Just start it a week later or so. Not a big deal, the NBA has done it.

I think that's why it says the pre draft mode error. The drat date has passed. Just change the date so we can do it.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
runnyc
RealGM
And1: 1,216

Post#524 » by runnyc » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:57 am

Sorry guys, knicksfan set the draft for 11PM last night, and it actually happened with just four teams. :lol:

We should just redo it.
br7knicks

Post#525 » by br7knicks » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:58 am

Just move the date. This'll be the year we start later, NBD
RIP, magnumt '19

knickfan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#526 » by knickfan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Yep, totally goofed!! Ok I reset the draft to Saturday AM.
http://www.knicksology.com - Knicks board fantasy ball
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#527 » by knickfan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:03 pm

Everyone should be able to rejoin now, if anyone has any issues let me know!
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#528 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:33 pm

so what happens to the other league
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#529 » by knickfan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Jstarks3 wrote:so what happens to the other league

What other league? If you guys setup leagues thinking I went AWOL that's understandable, it's always fun playing in lotsa leagues if you're into that.

I was actually thinking of letting that go the course in the future in case something does happen to me. We can discuss this on the yahoo board too to think of a proper succession. Maybe the winner can setup the league or all 12 will have the opportunity to or we can just vote to continue that way. Or actually I like that better, maybe at the end of the season, we can just vote for who we want to setup the league the next season and we go that route. That way we won't run into this snafu again.
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#530 » by knickfan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Ok so almost half the league is filled, if the slots aren't taken by tomorrow night I'll start opening them up to anyone interested.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,146

Post#531 » by Fat Kat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Jstarks3 wrote:so what happens to the other league

Just another wuppin you gotta take. :evil:
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#532 » by knickfan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 pm

Also in the spirit of voting and more of community, I say the league votes on who drops and who is accepted next season (instead of doing the JV tourneys). Sometimes a really good player just has bad luck one season so instead of them dropping out even though they're a great fantasy baller we still keep him in and vote out people who just aren't that active anymore (also keeps out people who lucked out with a great draft/roster but just don't play). We can give the preference of voting to the finishers so whoever finishes first gets 12 votes while last place gets 1 vote. This way if someone never plays and finishes 7th but doesn't vote, their vote doesn't really count but the active last place finisher gets a chance. This can be another incentive to have people keep playing till the very end.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#533 » by Greenie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:43 pm

What time is the draft?
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#534 » by knickfan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:52 pm

Greenie wrote:What time is the draft?

This Saturday morning, 10AM EST.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#535 » by Greenie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 am

knickfan wrote:

Can it be later?
daveblax
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#536 » by daveblax » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 am

Can I still join the league?
br7knicks

Post#537 » by br7knicks » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:17 am

knickfan wrote:Also in the spirit of voting and more of community, I say the league votes on who drops and who is accepted next season (instead of doing the JV tourneys). Sometimes a really good player just has bad luck one season so instead of them dropping out even though they're a great fantasy baller we still keep him in and vote out people who just aren't that active anymore (also keeps out people who lucked out with a great draft/roster but just don't play). We can give the preference of voting to the finishers so whoever finishes first gets 12 votes while last place gets 1 vote. This way if someone never plays and finishes 7th but doesn't vote, their vote doesn't really count but the active last place finisher gets a chance. This can be another incentive to have people keep playing till the very end.

i get that some good guys have bad years, but that's the spirit of it. i had to win JV to get into varsity. my first year of varsity i was in last place for the regular season, but had a good playoff run and came in 9th after the playoffs, allowing me to stay in varsity. the next year i won.

i say keep it the way it is. if you want someone to take over, i understand. let someone else take over. but i like having to play your way into varsity.
RIP, magnumt '19

knickfan
Head Coach

Post#538 » by knickfan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:32 am

Greenie wrote:
knickfan wrote:

Can it be later?

If it's a problem for everyone then yes.
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#539 » by knickfan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:33 am

daveblax wrote:Can I still join the league?

Yes but check back in like two days. I'll have the spots of whoever hasn't checked in opened by then so if there's a spot open you can have it :)
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#540 » by knickfan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 am

br7knicks wrote:
knickfan wrote:Also in the spirit of voting and more of community, I say the league votes on who drops and who is accepted next season (instead of doing the JV tourneys). Sometimes a really good player just has bad luck one season so instead of them dropping out even though they're a great fantasy baller we still keep him in and vote out people who just aren't that active anymore (also keeps out people who lucked out with a great draft/roster but just don't play). We can give the preference of voting to the finishers so whoever finishes first gets 12 votes while last place gets 1 vote. This way if someone never plays and finishes 7th but doesn't vote, their vote doesn't really count but the active last place finisher gets a chance. This can be another incentive to have people keep playing till the very end.

i get that some good guys have bad years, but that's the spirit of it. i had to win JV to get into varsity. my first year of varsity i was in last place for the regular season, but had a good playoff run and came in 9th after the playoffs, allowing me to stay in varsity. the next year i won.

i say keep it the way it is. if you want someone to take over, i understand. let someone else take over. but i like having to play your way into varsity.

Yea that's my original goal thinking that would have the best spirit of competition. I tried having another dude take over the league for me one year but he went powerhungry and bad stuff happened so I was less prone to having just one guy have control of the entire league like that. Well, we have the whole season to decide not just one night so by the end of the season if it looks like I can get things back on track for next season then we'll leave it at that but if not then we can talk over the course of the season the best way to handle future seasons.

Return to New York Knicks