ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1241 » by Quick Kick » Thu Sep 6, 2012 4:13 pm

:lol: thats not a fair bet. Even if hes putting up 12 points and 4apg the whole of China is gonna vote him in off GP. Be more reasonable.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#1242 » by knicksnyk » Thu Sep 6, 2012 8:45 pm

the all star games are a popularitty contest so he is definitely going to be an all star
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,933

Post#1243 » by GettinitDone » Thu Sep 6, 2012 11:25 pm

You're betting for Lin to be "mediocre", so would you bet that if Lin is anything more than "mediocre": "average", "good", "great", "sensational", averageing more than 10.0ppg, more than 5.0apg, more than 4.0rpg by All Star break, would you sport a "Jeremy Lin is franchise superstar" sig??
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#1244 » by Quick Kick » Thu Sep 6, 2012 11:37 pm

Hmm....that Rockets team is pretty bad. He'll be handling the ball most of the time. His handles are shakey and those flukey floaters he used to jack up wont keep going down. Assists wont be that high because his teammates suck and his court vision is about average for a scoring PG.

Lets settle on 15ppg and 5apg. Anything above that and Ill do it. But you and Mr. Perfect both have to rock dunce cap avis with a location of "JUURUMY LIN IZ DA MAAAAN DURRRR"

you game?
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#1245 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Sep 6, 2012 11:39 pm

Quick Kick wrote:Hmm....that Rockets team is pretty bad. He'll be handling the ball most of the time. His handles are shakey and those flukey floaters he used to jack up wont keep going down. Assists wont be that high because his teammates suck and his court vision is about average for a scoring PG.

Lets settle on 15ppg and 5apg. Anything above that and Ill do it. But you and Mr. Perfect both have to rock dunce cap avis with a location of "JUURUMY LIN IZ DA MAAAAN DURRRR"

you game?

Rock dunce caps in avatar?

Really bro?

This coming from a guy who walks around with a dunce cap permanently attached to his head...
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#1246 » by Quick Kick » Fri Sep 7, 2012 12:17 am

Mr. Perfect would surely retort with stronger vitriol than that. You shame his corpse.
GettinitDone
Head Coach

Post#1247 » by GettinitDone » Fri Sep 7, 2012 12:48 am

Quick Kick wrote:Hmm....that Rockets team is pretty bad. He'll be handling the ball most of the time. His handles are shakey and those flukey floaters he used to jack up wont keep going down. Assists wont be that high because his teammates suck and his court vision is about average for a scoring PG.

you game?

I'm game man :D cuz my predictions of him is 22ppg, 9apg

So by All Star break, if Lin averages more than 15ppg and 5rpg, you wear "Jeremy Lin is franchise supaSTA!!!" in your sig. If Lin averages less than 15ppg and 5rpg, I'd rock dunce cap avis with a location of "JUURUMY LIN IZ DA MAAAAN DURRRR".

Q: what happens then if Lin averages 19ppg (more than 15ppg) and 4apg (less than 5apg)... or if he averages 14ppg (less than 15ppg) and 9apg (more than 5apg)?
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#1248 » by Quick Kick » Fri Sep 7, 2012 3:05 am

Hmmm...then I guess we're both dumb asses. :lol:
GettinitDone
Head Coach

Post#1249 » by GettinitDone » Fri Sep 7, 2012 1:13 pm

If those things happen, then noone wins. Remember the time is All Star break, not til the end of season (too long to wait).
Nupe_1911
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#1250 » by Nupe_1911 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 2:49 am

This thread is dumb and reminiscent of all the crying that went on regarding:

David Lee;
Danilo Gallinari;
Raymond Felton (people cried when he was traded but claim he sucks when we get him back for cheap);
Timofey Mozgov;
Jordan Hill;
T. Ariza
and assorted other players....

Lin was not worth the luxury tax expense. He is turnover prone, struggles to drive and finish with the left hand, is a shoot first pg (on a team with two proven scorers), struggles to bring the ball up the court against pressure defense and plays bad defense. I seriously don't get all the whining about Lin and I LIKE HIM.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man

Post#1251 » by knicksnyk » Sat Sep 8, 2012 9:42 am

Nupe_1911 wrote:This thread is dumb and reminiscent of all the crying that went on regarding:

David Lee;
Danilo Gallinari;
Raymond Felton (people cried when he was traded but claim he sucks when we get him back for cheap);
Timofey Mozgov;
Jordan Hill;
T. Ariza

Lin was not worth the luxury tax expense. He is turnover prone, struggles to drive and finish with the left hand, is a shoot first pg (on a team with two proven scorers), struggles to bring the ball up the court against pressure defense and plays bad defense. I seriously don't get all the whining about Lin and I LIKE HIM.

- why do you care about the luxury tax it isn't your money. are u married to james dolan that you care where he spends his money or does he write u a cheque??
- so ure cool with letting an asset go for nothing & making the knicks worse off because of it alright that makes sense
- rubio rondo nash kidd all turn the ball over more than him
-his iso/spot up defense is bad but his pnr defense was great, kyrie irving plays bad defense (worse in the nba) lin defensively is decent
-and he isn't a shoot first pg statistics say otherwise specifically potential assists have him comparable to andre miller who is a traditional facilitating pg
- but most importantly why do u care so much about dolans money
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1252 » by siar617 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 4:01 pm

Yes more you losers to cry about. My boy thomas possibly coming back. Go knicks
Nupe_1911
Rookie

Post#1253 » by Nupe_1911 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 4:17 pm

knicksnyk wrote:
Nupe_1911 wrote:This thread is dumb and reminiscent of all the crying that went on regarding:

David Lee;
Danilo Gallinari;
Timofey Mozgov;
Jordan Hill;
T. Ariza

- why do you care about the luxury tax it isn't your money. are u married to james dolan that you care where he spends his money or does he write u a cheque??
- so ure cool with letting an asset go for nothing & making the knicks worse off because of it alright that makes sense
- rubio rondo nash kidd all turn the ball over more than him
-his iso/spot up defense is bad but his pnr defense was great, kyrie irving plays bad defense (worse in the nba) lin defensively is decent
-and he isn't a shoot first pg statistics say otherwise specifically potential assists have him comparable to andre miller who is a traditional facilitating pg
- but most importantly why do u care so much about dolans money

This is a whole lot of drivel.

1. You can't review and evaluate a business decision without taking into consideration relevant monetary factors;
2. You kids cried for years and years about Dolan overpaying players but now you cry it's not our money so we don't care about the $50 Million Dollar lux tax. This is foolish and contradictory;
3. Kyrie Irving is about 100 times the player Lin is so comparing the two makes no sense. Lin is not anywhere near as good as Irving. Anyone that thinks otherwise is basically living in fantasy land.

Essentially, you kids are high off Linsanity and have no ability to rationally discuss the Knicks in relation to Lin. This is exemplified by people comparing Lin to Babe Ruth and Kyrie Irving. LoL!
Pubsaint
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#1254 » by Pubsaint » Sat Sep 8, 2012 5:54 pm

No more crying over Lin please. it gets old.

Well...... WELCOME BACK I.T. !!!

Time to let Isiah Thomas hate take over this thread.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man

Post#1255 » by knicksnyk » Sat Sep 8, 2012 6:11 pm

Nupe_1911 wrote:
This is a whole lot of drivel.

1. You can't review and evaluate a business decision without taking into consideration relevant monetary factors;
2. You kids cried for years and years about Dolan overpaying players but now you cry it's not our money so we don't care about the $50 Million Dollar lux tax. This is foolish and contradictory;
3. Kyrie Irving is about 100 times the player Lin is so comparing the two makes no sense. Lin is not anywhere near as good as Irving. Anyone that thinks otherwise is basically living in fantasy land.

Essentially, you kids are high off Linsanity and have no ability to rationally discuss the Knicks in relation to Lin. This is exemplified by people comparing Lin to Babe Ruth and Kyrie Irving. LoL!

lmao at drivel. Matching Lins deal in no way affected any of our future moves or was cap crippling because we are already capped out & he doesn't affect our cap bcus of the bird rights. he was a tradable asset that could have been moved down the line to better the team. there is a difference between luxury tax and the cap. i dont care about luxury tax i care about the cap. and when we were a sub 500 team the knicks were shelling out luxury tax money for how long for **** players with no upside on a loosing squad. please stop the bs the knicks never havve and never will b a team that cares about money stop sipping that msg kool aid. the cap is all that matters to me and it should b all that matters to u. i never have nor never will care about luxury tax.

For all the great things that Kyrie accomplished in his rookie season he is still a work in progress. The kid is abysmal defensively. Kyrie Irving is definitively the worst defensive starting PG in the NBA. Not an exaggeration.for it. But he surrenders 1.03 points per possession on offense, and allows defenders to shoot 48.5% against him, ranks 447th in the NBA. He has only average lateral quickness, a short wingspan for his height, & poor instincts on that end of the court. Maybe he can work his way up to league average, but he’s awful. His defensive reputation goes easy on him. It’s hard to name another PG as bad on defense.

Irvings assist rate lower than Lin's. Here is one link where irving ranked third behind miler in second & lin in first (http://www.stats.com/download/NBA_ITN_P ... ations.pdf) Irving only shot better Inside and 3pt. His defense was god awful.Synergy Defense: Lin 0.81 Pts Per Possession. Kyrie 1.03 (worst among all PGs by far). Far, far bigger than the offensive gap. this notion that he is a 100% better bs.

Listen i hated linsanity but i liked Lin the player. & he can hoop. some people are so foolish that they get turned off by fanfare that they cant see through all of that to see a kid who at his first chance at significant minutes played at a high level. dont call me a kid either. dont make me break out more stats because i will.
Nupe_1911
Rookie

Post#1256 » by Nupe_1911 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 6:44 pm

Pubsaint wrote:No more crying over Lin please. it gets old.

Well...... WELCOME BACK I.T. !!!

Time to let Isiah Thomas hate take over this thread.

I.T.'s tenure here was a debacle. Re-hiring him would be a bad decision.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,944

Post#1257 » by Woodsanity » Sun Sep 9, 2012 12:08 am

GettinitDone wrote:

you game?

I'm game man :D cuz my predictions of him is 22ppg, 9apg

So by All Star break, if Lin averages more than 15ppg and 5rpg, you wear "Jeremy Lin is franchise supaSTA!!!" in your sig. If Lin averages less than 15ppg and 5rpg, I'd rock dunce cap avis with a location of "JUURUMY LIN IZ DA MAAAAN DURRRR".

Q: what happens then if Lin averages 19ppg (more than 15ppg) and 4apg (less than 5apg)... or if he averages 14ppg (less than 15ppg) and 9apg (more than 5apg)?

Neither of you are going to win. No way Lin gets 22/9 even on a slightly below average team(CP3 had 20/9 last season). No way does Lin get less than 5 apg getting so many minutes at the point(Toney Douglas is their 2nd best PG). He had a decent amount of assists even playing with Bill Walker, JJ, etc.

Lowest I see is 16/6.
Most likely will be something like 18/7-8.
Remember the Rockets compose of a lot of young players and prospects and they don't have much proven players outside of Kevin martin so Lin will have the ball in his hands a lot.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,944

Post#1258 » by Woodsanity » Sun Sep 9, 2012 12:11 am

siar617 wrote:Yes more you losers to cry about. My boy thomas possibly coming back. Go knicks

Only a Knicks hater would want Isiah back.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#1259 » by FKF » Sun Sep 9, 2012 8:12 am

David Lee;
Danilo Gallinari;
Timofey Mozgov;
Jordan Hill;
T. Ariza

Sorry sir, but you are just completely off track here, and missing the point.
As good as those people you name have or could have been, they have never drawn so much love among the fans and so much noise within the media. You cannot seriously compare the loss of Jeremy Lin to the loss of Trevor Ariza or Jordan Hill!!!
If you believe you heard a lot of crying from some because of Lee's departure, or Gallo's, you have not seen anything compared to Lin. Just wait until the Rockets open their season with J-Lin averaging close to 20 & 10 and eventually come to MSG. Lin will be great, let him take care of business, he'll be an all-star, book it!

Luxury tax is in no way affecting cap space, and therefore in no way is affecting the Knicks flexibility. It is just affecting MSG's flexibility as a company which really shouldn't be a concern for you as a fan since the Garden is charging the most expensive ticket prices over the league, perhaps even from all pro sports.

As a fan, who are asked to pay from US45 to US1,000 for tickets, sometimes up to US3,600 for club seats, for just One f'ing game, I believe we should expect the front office to take care of those luxury tax expenses.
When you pay high priced tickets for the Rolling Stones concert, you expect to see the RS, not Jim Dolan's band.
I don't know about you, but I can't afford these tickets on a nightly basis, 41 times a year, but if other fans can pay, then the Knicks should take care of the expenses they're facing as an NBA organization. The Lakers are, the Heat are, even the m'f'ing Nets now are!! The luxury tax excuse is pure BS you're sadly eating raw buddy.
Just think of the gross the Knicks make as an organization every game, just look at the Garden renovation MSG is investing on. They have the god damn money, they just don't want to spend it on a player who was not wanted from the start and who was seen a D-Leaguer.
But Lin was Walsh's boy, and then D'Antoni's, he wasn't Dolan's or Isiah's (or eventually Grunwald's or Stephen A Smith's) because as you kindly reminded, he can't dribble left.
He may not, but his IQ makes up 10x for it, this is what stubborn execs such as Isiah and delusional woners such as Dolan will never understand. You win basketball games with your head, not with your hands.
These comments about Lin has a weak left hand remind me of the people who said Shaq will never win a championship because he can't make free throws. Or that the Spurs would never win a championship because Avery Johnson or Tony Parker couldn't shoot. Or that the Celtics will not win with Rajon Rondo at the point because he was too young and couldn't shoot either. Or that the Lakers will never win with Gasol because he's soft. Or that LeBron would never win a ring because he's not clutch. Or that USA couldn't lose to international competition because they have so much more talent than other nations.
There will always be people to tweet and tease ridiculous statements which they think is the truth. Until they're exposed and they find something else to tweet.
Let them be fools, & let them get off our Knicks, and you have the right to think twice and come back to common sense !!!
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
GettinitDone
Head Coach

Post#1260 » by GettinitDone » Sun Sep 9, 2012 1:14 pm

MJ, Kobe, AI, VC, Stackhouse, D-Rose couldn't shoot from 3s in their first few years but they worked hard to make 3point shooting their formidable weapon.

Larry Bird couldn't go left but he worked hard and made his left hand his strength.

These "he can't go left", "he's turnover prone" things have been off-the-chart ridiculous because:
- It's one thing for a guy who's lazy and you say he's hopeless and he's not gonna improve them, but JLin is the last guy who you say hopeless because he's a notorious gym rat and he's inevitably gonna work on them
- It's one thing to label a guy who's been in L for >5 years and we see the same weakness year after year the player never bothers to improve every season... But this was Lin's 2nd year, and his first year when he got meaningful minutes, while playing in front of world's biggest and most ruthless fanbase with mounting pressure (anyone's lying if these wouldn't affect them), and he not only survived, but he thrived, and even delivered Ws too! This is his SECOND year! And guys think this guy is marginal because for the next decade he's still not gonna be able to go left and still gonna be as "reckless" as his second year?

I've been a fan of this game for 15 years now, been a fan of other teams, and what I learn is other teams fans (usually the small market ones) are a lot more patient with their young players. They prize them and treat them like diamonds. With Knick fans if the rookie has a bad game, that's what his whole career is gonna be and quickly put him on trading block!! It absolutely makes 0 sense.

Even the great ones like LBJ and Melo had 5-6 single digit scoring games in their rookie years. And they played in small markets like Cleveland and Denver it's not even funny to compare their adoring, super-patient fans with the pressure Lin had to face each game during Linsanity. If you try to tap your imagination and try to be a Knick player. If the Knicks don't play well, the boos start to rain, and you're the star player and you have to make things happen. It's tremendous pressure that can absolutely make a person's confidence a train wreck! Lin not only survived, but he played to the point some people make a solid case he can be a franchise player.

Player's game improves or worsens. I'm banking with Lin's (considering his work ethic that borders on obsession, his focus, his competitiveness, right attitude), it's going to improve.

Return to New York Knicks