ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL: Dwight A Laker NOT a Net WHeee!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#81 » by kane2021 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Pau and Bynum make 35 million combined. Howard makes 19. So the lakers are going to have to take back another contract or contracts. The question is who? If its junk fillers I would leave the deal alone.

he gets that candy. and he don't pay for it.

So thats 25 million. Still got another 8-12 million to take back. Turkey fits right in there too.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#82 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:31 pm

kane2021 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Pau and Bynum make 35 million combined. Howard makes 19. So the lakers are going to have to take back another contract or contracts. The question is who? If its junk fillers I would leave the deal alone.

he gets that candy. and he don't pay for it.

So thats 25 million. Still got another 8-12 million to take back. Turkey fits right in there too.

al and turk. ugh. that hurts.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#83 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:35 pm

Philly is gonna be looking at the Bucks and cRaptors with jealousy at this point.
and they may be watching Bynum walk next summer on top of it
[GR]
RealGM
And1: 1,947

Post#84 » by [GR] » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
i don't think they're making the playoffs right now. 2 more weeks to the season last year and the bucks make it instead of them.

They didn't need two more weeks, they needed to be better. They lost to the Wizards, and that's why they were eliminated. Bucks stunk versus good teams post-trade too.

I don't know how people can look at their roster with Bynum, and say they don't have more talent than last year.

Jrue - Ivey
ET - Young
Wright - Thaddeus/Harkless
Hawes - Lavoy/Moultrie
Bynum - Brown

What is it? Brand is done, and Lou is a chuck. They didn't lose much, outside of Iggy.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#85 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:44 pm

[GR] wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
i don't think they're making the playoffs right now. 2 more weeks to the season last year and the bucks make it instead of them.

They didn't need two more weeks, they needed to be better. They lost to the Wizards, and that's why they were eliminated. Bucks stunk versus good teams post-trade too.

I don't know how people can look at their roster with Bynum, and say they don't have more talent than last year.

Jrue - Ivey
ET - Young
Hawes - Lavoy/Moultrie
Bynum - Brown

What is it? Brand is done, and Lou is a chuck. They didn't lose much, outside of Iggy.

brand is done and lou is a chuck huh?

ok

but Brand was their best post defender, post scorer and rebounder
Lou was their top scorer and finisher

but yeah, they are worse without their top scorer and rebounder

**** edit *****

Brand wasn't their top rebounder statistically. Evan Turner was. Lol
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#86 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:48 pm

Hawes is garbagio on defense and he won't help spacing the court, either. He'd be better off coming off the bench with Moultrie starting. Like everyone has been saying, you zone that team up they are screwed. They have two shooters on the entire team -- Jrue and Wright (who I wouldn't even classify as a "pure shooter").
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#87 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:57 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
[GR] wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Jrue - Ivey
ET - Young
Hawes - Lavoy/Moultrie
Bynum - Brown

brand is done and lou is a chuck huh?

ok

but Brand was their best post defender, post scorer and rebounder
Lou was their top scorer and finisher

but yeah, they are worse without their top scorer and rebounder

**** edit *****

Brand wasn't their top rebounder statistically. Evan Turner was. Lol

To be fair Low Williams was absolutely a heaping pile of garbage in the playoffs.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#88 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 6:59 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Hawes is garbagio on defense and he won't help spacing the court, either. He'd be better off coming off the bench with Moultrie starting. Like everyone has been saying, you zone that team up they are screwed. They have two shooters on the entire team -- Jrue and Wright (who I wouldn't even classify as a "pure shooter").

There is still time for them to address shooting and there aren't many teams who are going to play a zone for an extended period of time if at all. You just don't see as many teams running a zone since the first year or two the zone was allowed if at all.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#89 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:00 pm

For this to work remotely close for Orlando, Denver and Philly must be throwing in a collection of picks.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#90 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:02 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:For this to work remotely close for Orlando, Denver and Philly must be throwing in a collection of picks.

This deal ain't happening as long as little buss is running the team... he's infatuated with Andrew Bynum. Now maybe the dad steps in and forces him to make any deal for Howard.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#91 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:06 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Hawes is garbagio on defense and he won't help spacing the court, either. He'd be better off coming off the bench with Moultrie starting. Like everyone has been saying, you zone that team up they are screwed. They have two shooters on the entire team -- Jrue and Wright (who I wouldn't even classify as a "pure shooter").

There is still time for them to address shooting and there aren't many teams who are going to play a zone for an extended period of time if at all. You just don't see as many teams running a zone since the first year or two the zone was allowed if at all.

True, but aside from Meeks who else is there for them to get? Spacing, IMO, will be a big problem for them...and zone will be used quite often because that team has no spacers.

Then, like I said, there's the defensive problem of starting Hawes as a PF...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#92 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:08 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:For this to work remotely close for Orlando, Denver and Philly must be throwing in a collection of picks.

This deal ain't happening as long as little buss is running the team... he's infatuated with Andrew Bynum. Now maybe the dad steps in and forces him to make any deal for Howard.

LA really just has to get more out of this, but the Bynum for Dwight part I think they do.

Dumping Pau for virtually nothing, I don't see on their end at all.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#93 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:11 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

LA really just has to get more out of this, but the Bynum for Dwight part I think they do.

Dumping Pau for virtually nothing, I don't see on their end at all.

Doesn't make sense to me, either.

To add onto the spacing problem -- even if they don't get zoned, teams can sag off BIG time.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#94 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:18 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

True, but aside from Meeks who else is there for them to get? Spacing, IMO, will be a big problem for them...and zone will be used quite often because that team has no spacers.

Then, like I said, there's the defensive problem of starting Hawes as a PF...

Starting Hawes at PF is something some guy on here came up with.. in that scenario Hawes is backing up Bynum. But there are teams that don't necessarily shoot the 3 well that have success like Memphis who starts a back court of Allen and Conley. I mean Felton was a 30% 3pt shooter last year while Holiday was a 38% 3pt shooter which is above league average I believe. If brewer starts at the 2 who's to say our starters shoot the 3 better than their projected starting lineup?
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#95 » by I_Love_NYK » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:22 pm

biggyfuzz wrote:Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?

Wilson and Iggy will also see minutes at the 2 with Afflalo leaving. Suprised they will get rid of Pau, even though Dwight can run a Pick & Roll, Pau is the perfect player for Steve Nash. I remember one time the Lakers said they will never trade Bynum and Gasol for Dwight. Maybe they see something in Jordan Hill.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#96 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:26 pm

Whoever they start at PF, be it Moultrie, Hawes, or Young, that team will have issues with spacing.

Memphis has a star at SF who would draw defensive attention and two stars in the post. The defense was focused on those guys as it was, which made it easier for a player like Allen to slash -- which is what he did best. Conley, I believe, also improved his outside shot last year a good amount.

As for our situation -- last year Felton =/= this year Felton...I thought everyone agreed on that no matter how much he/she despised him. As for Brewer, he is a hard slasher and does it very well. With the defensive attention focused on Melo and Amar'e (with Chandler cutting to the basket on pick and rolls), he will be able to move freely.

The 6ers would have one guy to demand attention - Bynum. No wing scorer...just Bynum (who is a semi-black hole and isn't a great passer out of the post, either).
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#97 » by I_Love_NYK » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:28 pm

Jrue Holiday is not even a playmaker, most of the time Iggy is the one bringing the ball up the court.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#98 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:30 pm

I_Love_NYK wrote:Jrue Holiday is not even a playmaker, most of the time Iggy is the one bringing the ball up the court.

Turner would handle some of the playmaking, I would assume.
barborous
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Post#99 » by barborous » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:32 pm

Agreed... Sixers are in general in pretty bad shape right now, especially at PG. Jrue is one of the worst starters in the league.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#100 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 7:33 pm

barborous wrote:Agreed... Sixers are in general in pretty bad shape right now, especially at PG. Jrue is one of the worst starters in the league.

Eh...I wouldn't go that far.

Return to New York Knicks