ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Will see Jeremy Lin tomorrow!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,001

Re: OT- Will see Jeremy Lin tomorrow! 

Post#61 » by Fury » Sun Oct 7, 2012 5:02 pm

Knicker23 wrote:Why. Is. This. In. The. New York Knicks. Forum.

You gonna cry?
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#62 » by rammagen » Sun Oct 7, 2012 8:51 pm

knicksnyk wrote:
rammagen wrote:I dont hate the story I just hate the fans reaction when he left. He went for the money fine dolan did not match him bfd. I say this because for the money they are paying he may not be worth it. His numbers will be high because of the amount of touches he will get and is the second option on that team.
The reaction after 25 games and he got injured was he was the second coming. 25 games......... Marketing great story BBall player maybe nothing more then average no one knows.
Quite frankly I am tired of seeing lin crap here If I wanted that I would go to the rockets board.
I did not start hey I met spolstra thread at work last week when I did.... why because he is not affilated with this team and why waste the bandwidth

aren't you reactiing the same way as those fans that u claim to hate. lol. between the making of the lin threads and the complaining that lin threads are made. like whats worse people complaining or people complaining about the people that are complaining.

uuh no did I start the thread..... And I made a valid point about Spolstra did i start a thread there. Crap like this belongs on teh rocket board the same teh spolstra story should be on the cheat forum see......
I don't by this once a Kn ick always a Knick. I don't wish him injuries but he left so no longer interested. if I was I would go to the rocket board... See the the difference now
Fing teenagers on this forum have really brought it down
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#63 » by knicksnyk » Sun Oct 7, 2012 9:00 pm

rammagen wrote:uuh no did I start the thread..... And I made a valid point about Spolstra did i start a thread there. Crap like this belongs on teh rocket board the same teh spolstra story should be on the cheat forum see......
I don't by this once a Kn ick always a Knick. I don't wish him injuries but he left so no longer interested. if I was I would go to the rocket board... See the the difference now

would u overreact the same way if somebody made a i am going to meet kobe bryant thread? would u tell them to take it to the lakers board?? i doubt it.
Team Killer
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Team Killer » Sun Oct 7, 2012 10:00 pm

CHECK PM

-KT
xclearscreen
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#65 » by xclearscreen » Mon Oct 8, 2012 2:50 am

knicksnyk wrote:
rammagen wrote:uuh no did I start the thread..... And I made a valid point about Spolstra did i start a thread there. Crap like this belongs on teh rocket board the same teh spolstra story should be on the cheat forum see......

would u overreact the same way if somebody made a i am going to meet kobe bryant thread? would u tell them to take it to the lakers board?? i doubt it.

lol no point asking the haters to put things in perspectives
mys_ticked
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#66 » by mys_ticked » Mon Oct 8, 2012 10:40 am

NySpartan4 wrote:For those wondering how it went,

My thoughts for the workout. Lin was quick. Didnt seem like that he had any injuries. And he still has it. he split the defenders. He's got calls. With that said, I think he needs to protect his body when going to the basket. He was falling hard. I mean..not too hard but yeah..He had some steals, some assists and he hit some jumpers/3's. He was strong going to the basket and running the fast break. The rockets are going to be fast paced. But they're too young I think.

Everyone was given like a little postcard and they kept on announcing that the players will only give autograph on that but when I got to Lin, I showed him a poster that I made. He smiled and shook my hands and autographed the board. So that was nice of him. I also brought a basketball. Just about every Houston Rockets signed the basketball. Lin was specifically instructed not to sign and he was taken to the bus with security whereas other players walked up and talked to the fans and signed tshirts and what not.

Oh I can explain why he can't sign the basketball. Lin mentioned before that from the endorsement deals he was offered, he only chose Volvo, Nike and Steiner Sports. And under the agreement with Steiner Sports, only they have the exclusive rights to release any autographed basketball related memorabilia and that included basketballs. (Which is why I think his signed basketball is worthed more than JKidd on Skymall.)

So apparently, Lin is not allowed to sign basketballs. To own one, you gotta cop it from Steiner Sports. ;)
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#67 » by rockmanslim » Mon Oct 8, 2012 10:54 am

mys_ticked wrote:
NySpartan4 wrote:For those wondering how it went,

My thoughts for the workout. Lin was quick. Didnt seem like that he had any injuries. And he still has it. he split the defenders. He's got calls. With that said, I think he needs to protect his body when going to the basket. He was falling hard. I mean..not too hard but yeah..He had some steals, some assists and he hit some jumpers/3's. He was strong going to the basket and running the fast break. The rockets are going to be fast paced. But they're too young I think.

Everyone was given like a little postcard and they kept on announcing that the players will only give autograph on that but when I got to Lin, I showed him a poster that I made. He smiled and shook my hands and autographed the board. So that was nice of him. I also brought a basketball. Just about every Houston Rockets signed the basketball. Lin was specifically instructed not to sign and he was taken to the bus with security whereas other players walked up and talked to the fans and signed tshirts and what not.

Oh I can explain why he can't sign the basketball. Lin mentioned before that from the endorsement deals he was offered, he only chose Volvo, Nike and Steiner Sports. And under the agreement with Steiner Sports, only they have the exclusive rights to release any autographed basketball related memorabilia and that included basketballs. (Which is why I think his signed basketball is worthed more than JKidd on Skymall.)

So apparently, Lin is not allowed to sign basketballs. To own one, you gotta cop it from Steiner Sports. ;)

You sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ziY7CLRow#t=4m55s
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#68 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Oct 8, 2012 12:22 pm

Video doesn't lie, does it?:grin:

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Ginger Bean
Senior
And1: 222

Post#69 » by Ginger Bean » Mon Oct 8, 2012 12:23 pm

mys_ticked wrote:Lin mentioned before that from the endorsement deals he was offered, he only chose Volvo, Nike and Steiner Sports.

Speaking of Volvo, here's Lin's new Volvo commercial:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ebc-wKoZk[/youtube]
knicksnyk
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by knicksnyk » Mon Oct 8, 2012 1:16 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Video doesn't lie, does it?:grin:

the video is from a official houston rockets event & they were only signing one item... continuing with that guys story steiner may have sanctioned that who knows.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#71 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Oct 8, 2012 1:28 pm

knicksnyk wrote:

the video is from a official houston rockets event & they were only signing one item... continuing with that guys story steiner may have sanctioned that who knows.

Maybe, but those look like random folks getting the balls signed, and I would think Steiner isn't letting $450 bucks walk out the door.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
knicksnyk
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by knicksnyk » Mon Oct 8, 2012 1:39 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
knicksnyk wrote:

Maybe, but those look like random folks getting the balls signed, and I would think Steiner isn't letting $450 bucks walk out the door.

yeah i honestly don't know. those are just random fans who purchased basketballs for him to sign u would have to ask mys_ticked.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#73 » by TKF » Mon Oct 8, 2012 2:39 pm

NySpartan4 wrote:Hey all, So I moved to texas (from michigan) for my masters degree. Just started actually. Anywho, Houston Rockets and Jeremy Lin are practicing at our gym tomorrow. Now I dont know how this is gonna work but yeah, I get to see him tomorrow after my cadaver lab! So excited!

http://www.utpabroncs.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=5340

THATS nice.. good luck with the masters degree... I am planning a west coast trip with my wife and kids in a few months.. I am planning to catch a laker game, Rockets game( my aunt lives in houston?) and a warriors game...... would love to stop off in denver but I don't think that will happen..... there are quite a few teams I am interested in seeing this year... nice that you have lin in your back yard, should be an interesting season for the rockets..
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#74 » by CU_NY09 » Mon Oct 8, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like some or a lot of you, whether you like Lin or not have been to clutchfans. Ha! hate.that.site.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,378

Post#75 » by Context » Mon Oct 8, 2012 4:02 pm

GettinitDone wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0X9hXh60Gs[/youtube]

Insane... we'll see lots of stepbacks and wets from Lin this season. Jumper lookin smooth like butter.

Dolan is such a disconnected fool... Lin is going to be special :banghead:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,378

Post#76 » by Context » Mon Oct 8, 2012 4:04 pm

TKF wrote:
NySpartan4 wrote:Hey all, So I moved to texas (from michigan) for my masters degree. Just started actually. Anywho, Houston Rockets and Jeremy Lin are practicing at our gym tomorrow. Now I dont know how this is gonna work but yeah, I get to see him tomorrow after my cadaver lab! So excited!

THATS nice.. good luck with the masters degree... I am planning a west coast trip with my wife and kids in a few months.. I am planning to catch a laker game, Rockets game( my aunt lives in houston?) and a warriors game...... would love to stop off in denver but I don't think that will happen..... there are quite a few teams I am interested in seeing this year... nice that you have lin in your back yard, should be an interesting season for the rockets..

I agree... Glad to see you around TKF
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by TKF » Mon Oct 8, 2012 4:42 pm

kneega wrote:
TKF wrote:

I agree... Glad to see you around TKF

thanks kneega.. not around as much, but I post when I can....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by TKF » Mon Oct 8, 2012 4:45 pm

kneega wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0X9hXh60Gs[/youtube]

Insane... we'll see lots of stepbacks and wets from Lin this season. Jumper lookin smooth like butter.

Dolan is such a disconnected fool... Lin is going to be special :banghead:

dolan is a fool, and lin is a unique player.. I agree, I think he is going to be special.. I miss that kid already...
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#79 » by captvict » Mon Oct 8, 2012 5:15 pm

Thirty year knick fan...but am truly happy for Jeremy Lin...leaving this Dolan/Knick Drama is the best thing that could ever have happened for him...
between trying to appease a bunch of prima-donna's and certified whack jobs, he is way better off in Houston where he can be the man...

This is one of the most dysfunctional teams i have ever seen Dolan put together...but then again...its all about the money and MSG always utilized what I called the "Ringling Brother Circus Effect" where you bring in the "Big Names" even if they are spent...just to sell tickets...(Haywood, McAdoo, McDyess etc etc...)

Now we see Kidd...Rasheed...Camby....Thomas...LOL...c'mon man

Again...Congrats Jeremy...if for anything...leaving the "Linsanuty" behind....

just my thoughts
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#80 » by Knicker23 » Mon Oct 8, 2012 5:32 pm

Oh stop. No one should be happy for Lin if you're truly a Lin fan. Sure it's in fashion to put the Knicks organization down with all the "i'm glad he's out of here" "he deserves better' crap, but fact is Lin is much worse off on some team no one cares about, battling for the chance of being one of the worst teams in the league.

But hey, maybe he'll be one of the best players on one of worst team in the league. I'm sure he's thanking his lucky stars he's in that situation rather than on this Knicks team. :roll: Maybe a couple years down the line, if he's still around and seen as valuable after being in limbo in Houston, he'll get some burn on a team going somewhere.

Return to New York Knicks