ImageImageImageImageImage

Its foul if KG really said this to anthony

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicky Barnes
Junior
And1: 59

Re: Its foul if KG really said this to anthony 

Post#41 » by Knicky Barnes » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:18 pm

You definitely don’t imply you slept with her or she tasted like a delicious brand of cereal.

This made me Lol...
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#42 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:19 pm

No.Bull.Son wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:This is why I love the hood. For all of it's pitfalls, the hood can provide you with a core set of values that carry you through the rest of your life. Because of all of the attention that kids like Kevin Garnett received at an early age, they don't live a normal life of an urban youth. They don't follow the strict code, that while unjust and sometimes extremely cruel and harsh, gives you a sense of parameters for life. This leads to kids thinking it's okay to hit another man in his balls. Leads to kids thinking it's okay to openly talk about another man's wife. Leads to kids feeling like having values is overrated because there is no consequence for anything that you do or say.

I remember when ole dude spit in LaLa's face and 'Melo rightfully put an ass whoopin on homeboy. There were people out there calling him a thug and this and that. These are people who would do absolutely nothing should someone say something out of line or god forbid DO something to their significant other.

Kudo's to 'Melo and fk KG for stepping out of the realm of the basketball game, whilst being under the warm blanket that a professional environment provides.

+1

+ another 1

Couldn't have said it any better.

For the record, most people I know are not from "the hood" yet don't have the urge to "hit another man in his balls" or "openly talk about another man's wife."
Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Post#43 » by Starks1994 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:20 pm

Whats this story of someone spitting on Lala all about?
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,571

Post#44 » by Lord Commander » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:21 pm

:rofl: My stomach hurts...
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#45 » by Knox » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:21 pm

Props to Melo for standing up for himself and family. I m not even mad at him for that and KG is a piece of trash. From KG's comments to Duncan and Melo, he deserves to really be put in his place. Am I the only one that thought Kg was backing up real quick because he thought he was going to get jawed by Melo? Someone needs to shut KG up and if its Melo I am all for it.
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#46 » by Jmonty580 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:21 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
waya wrote:
Big Chan wrote:I believe it, hes the same punk that said Charlie Villanueva looked like a cancer patient. Classless

Also:

The story goes that on May 9, 1999 (Mother’s Day), Tim Duncan’s Spurs played Kevin Garnett’s Timberwolves in the first round of the NBA playoffs. During that game, Garnett, who is known for his incessant need to trash talk and intense dislike for any sort of decency did what he does best. He went too far. Just as Tim Duncan was going to take two free throws, Garnett barked at him: “Happy Mother’s Day, motherf**ker!” Tim Duncan’s mother famously died of breast cancer the day before his 14th birthday.

I mean that just fuked… What chitty thing to say to someone. Is it really all that KG??

Did that really happen? :o
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#47 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:24 pm

Knicky Barnes wrote:
You definitely don’t imply you slept with her or she tasted like a delicious brand of cereal.

This made me Lol...

lol, it's hard to be outraged while saying "delicious brand of cereal." :P
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,571

Post#48 » by Lord Commander » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:25 pm

Knox wrote:Props to Melo for standing up for himself and family. I m not even mad at him for that and KG is a piece of trash. From KG's comments to Duncan and Melo, he deserves to really be put in his place. Am I the only one that thought Kg was backing up real quick because he thought he was going to get jawed by Melo? Someone needs to shut KG up and if its Melo I am all for it.

If this is true, KG is lucky he wasn't murdered last night..
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#49 » by Quick Kick » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Like I said, saying "Really? Do you like how my d*ck tastes" stops this quick.

nope....cuz Kev could just come back like "niqqa, what? Everytime you kiss that hoe you taste a hundred dicks, your son prolly aint even yours"
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#50 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:30 pm

Quick Kick wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Like I said, saying "Really? Do you like how my d*ck tastes" stops this quick.

nope....cuz Kev could just come back like "niqqa, what? Everytime you kiss that hoe you taste a hundred dicks, your son prolly aint even yours"

And then Anthony would have been like "Except you forgot one thing niqqa - it's OPPOSITE DAY!!!"
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#51 » by waya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:30 pm

Jmonty580 wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:

I mean that just fuked… What chitty thing to say to someone. Is it really all that KG??

Did that really happen? :o

Its a popular rumor as to why Tim Duncan hates Kevin Garnett. Theres been a few articles on it recently, but people on Spurstalk have known about it for a while. Duncan has neither admitted nor refuted it.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#52 » by TKF » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:30 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:This is why I love the hood. For all of it's pitfalls, the hood can provide you with a core set of values that carry you through the rest of your life. Because of all of the attention that kids like Kevin Garnett received at an early age, they don't live a normal life of an urban youth. They don't follow the strict code, that while unjust and sometimes extremely cruel and harsh, gives you a sense of parameters for life. This leads to kids thinking it's okay to hit another man in his balls. Leads to kids thinking it's okay to openly talk about another man's wife. Leads to kids feeling like having values is overrated because there is no consequence for anything that you do or say.

I remember when ole dude spit in LaLa's face and 'Melo rightfully put an ass whoopin on homeboy. There were people out there calling him a thug and this and that. These are people who would do absolutely nothing should someone say something out of line or god forbid DO something to their significant other.

Kudo's to 'Melo and fk KG for stepping out of the realm of the basketball game, whilst being under the warm blanket that a professional environment provides.

I grew up in the hood, and while it provides a lot of good life lessons, there are times you have to realize when to seperate things.. you don't have to come from the hood to stand up for your woman, but it also takes a smart man, one who can seperate where he came from to where he is now and how he should react..

I did well for myself professionally, believe me, there were times I wanted to bring the hood to the office, but realized this is not how you present yourself for the betterment of you and your family.. a lot of guys in the hood I know never realized this, so they spend their 30's and 40's blaming society for why they haven't reached any level of success...

Basketball is a game... KG plays mind games. He goes over the line sometimes, players know this... on the streets I doubt he ever acts this way, actually I know, because I know guys that grew up with KG.... he got to carmelo, I think melo realizes this and he probably would react differently next time....
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#53 » by johnnywishbone » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:31 pm

I pretty much figured that whatever KG said it must have had to do with either:

1. His mom.
2. His wife.

My intuition said his wife because once you bring mom into it there is no going back.
Play time is over.
Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Post#54 » by Starksfor3 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:31 pm

"Oh yeah, well I had sex with your wife!"
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#55 » by Quick Kick » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:32 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
Quick Kick wrote:

And then Anthony would have been like "Except you forgot one thing niqqa - it's OPPOSITE DAY!!!"

:lol: :lol: Pee Wee Herman swag
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#56 » by waya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:33 pm

<Melo, five hours after the incident> "...THATS what I should have said"
LameDuck
Senior
And1: 111

Post#57 » by LameDuck » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:33 pm

This isn't even that bad. The Duncan comment is bad but this shouldn't even be an issue. I think he might have said something else.
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#58 » by Jmonty580 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:33 pm

TKF wrote:
I grew up in the hood, and while it provides a lot of good life lessons, there are times you have to realize when to seperate things.. you don't have to come from the hood to stand up for your woman, but it also takes a smart man, one who can seperate where he came from to where he is now and how he should react..

I did well for myself professionally, believe me, there were times I wanted to bring the hood to the office, but realized this is not how you present yourself for the betterment of you and your family.. a lot of guys in the hood I know never realized this, so they spend their 30's and 40's blaming society for why they haven't reached any level of success...

Basketball is a game... KG plays mind games. He goes over the line sometimes, players know this... on the streets I doubt he ever acts this way, actually I know, because I know guys that grew up with KG.... he got to carmelo, I think melo realizes this and he probably would react differently next time....

Well put
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,196

Post#59 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:36 pm

AmazingJason wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:
KG_Wolves wrote:I don't know about this, no need to lose your head Zidane style over something so childish :-?

Sounds like someone who wouldn't bat an eye if I said this to his girl

KG didn't say this to LaLa. He said this to Melo during a professional basketball game with thousands of fans watching, with the express purpose of baiting him into losing his cool. And KG accomplished his purpose.

congrats kevin you won a simple basketball game over this...i hope when you 10 or 20 years from now you are alone and have no friends and get what coming to you.

treat people like a POS....karmas a bitch
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#60 » by IMAN5 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:36 pm

honey nut cheerios are a pretty good cereal brand...
instagram.com/510movement

Return to New York Knicks