ImageImageImageImageImage

Its foul if KG really said this to anthony

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Re: Its foul if KG really said this to anthony 

Post#61 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:41 pm

waya wrote:
Brooklyn_Yards wrote:People are saying it got to Melo because he and LaLa have been secretly seperated, which would make even the most saNe person blow their lid.

I dunno, I definitely saw her in the crowd during the game.

As many problems as Kobe and Vanessa have she's at tons of games doesn't change their troubled marriage.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#62 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:42 pm

Probably a more likely trash talk was "Damn your wife looks good. You know when I had that piece back in 2004, night I will never forget. Not worth callin her back though. But mann her **** tasted like honey nut cheerios"
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Knick Swisher
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#63 » by Knick Swisher » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:47 pm

Listen, I get you don't talk about someone's family, but I really don't see how this would enrage Melo to the point that he would be waiting by the bus for him. If true, he said she tastes like CEREAL (a delicious one, but still). Think about that for a second. If anything, that's just...odd. I'd be more like "wtf?" than angry.

The only thing I could think of is if La La and Garnett have some sort of history or if he said something really specific a birthmark or tat or something.
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#64 » by CrazyKnicks » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:52 pm

Melo is a bigger clown if this is true, all he has to do is come up with a comeback. No need to act like a 12 yr old and lose us the game in the process.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#65 » by waya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:52 pm

Even Sheed has a code:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4E0N8pNR9U[/youtube]

1:20
bklynstoops
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#66 » by bklynstoops » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:54 pm

i wonder if we're going to see boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios at the Bos game when Melo goes to the line.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#67 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:57 pm

Honey Nut Cheerios has got a certain ring to it.

Much better trash talk then, say, "Frosted Flakes" or "Lucky Charms". I guess he could have said "I sampled your wifes Lucky Charms". Not the same.

Melo could have come back with "You like that? Try my Grape NUTS!".

Grape makes your nuts sound small though.

KG would insult Melo's nuts then. Then melo would have to call KG's nuts "Fruity Pebbles" and then IT WOULD BE ON.
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#68 » by Knicker23 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:57 pm

Props to Melo for not backing down from that type of stuff. The usual suspects will get on him no matter what he did / does, as usual. But anyone being told that kind of stuff makes it bigger than basketball or worrying about scoring a ball in a hoop. KG apparently even knows he was in the wrong w reports of him calling and apologizing.
MassAttack
Junior
And1: 17

Post#69 » by MassAttack » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:58 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Melo should never play Xbox on Xbox Live.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crying about honey nut cheerios :roll:
CrazyKnicks
General Manager

Post#70 » by CrazyKnicks » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:01 pm

Knicker23 wrote:Props to Melo for not backing down from that type of stuff. The usual suspects will get on him no matter what he did / does, as usual. But anyone being told that kind of stuff makes it bigger than basketball or worrying about scoring a ball in a hoop. KG apparently even knows he was in the wrong w reports of him calling and apologizing.

link?
Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Post#71 » by Starksfor3 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:02 pm

I know what happened now. Melo was trying to think of a comeback but failed. He then thought of one after the game in the locker room and decided to find KG to get his payback.

Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Post#72 » by Starks1994 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:05 pm

Damn I love Melo but this is hysterical

Image[/quote]
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#73 » by StephNYKurry » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:07 pm

TKF wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:This is why I love the hood. For all of it's pitfalls, the hood can provide you with a core set of values that carry you through the rest of your life. Because of all of the attention that kids like Kevin Garnett received at an early age, they don't live a normal life of an urban youth. They don't follow the strict code, that while unjust and sometimes extremely cruel and harsh, gives you a sense of parameters for life. This leads to kids thinking it's okay to hit another man in his balls. Leads to kids thinking it's okay to openly talk about another man's wife. Leads to kids feeling like having values is overrated because there is no consequence for anything that you do or say.

I remember when ole dude spit in LaLa's face and 'Melo rightfully put an ass whoopin on homeboy. There were people out there calling him a thug and this and that. These are people who would do absolutely nothing should someone say something out of line or god forbid DO something to their significant other.

Kudo's to 'Melo and fk KG for stepping out of the realm of the basketball game, whilst being under the warm blanket that a professional environment provides.

I grew up in the hood, and while it provides a lot of good life lessons, there are times you have to realize when to seperate things.. you don't have to come from the hood to stand up for your woman, but it also takes a smart man, one who can seperate where he came from to where he is now and how he should react..

I did well for myself professionally, believe me, there were times I wanted to bring the hood to the office, but realized this is not how you present yourself for the betterment of you and your family.. a lot of guys in the hood I know never realized this, so they spend their 30's and 40's blaming society for why they haven't reached any level of success...

Basketball is a game... KG plays mind games. He goes over the line sometimes, players know this... on the streets I doubt he ever acts this way, actually I know, because I know guys that grew up with KG.... he got to carmelo, I think melo realizes this and he probably would react differently next time....

What do I care...it's rigged anyway
CrazyKnicks
General Manager

Post#74 » by CrazyKnicks » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:13 pm

Starks1994 wrote:Damn I love Melo but this is hysterical

[/quote]
:rofl:
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#75 » by ermocrate » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:14 pm

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

According to a source, Garnett told Carmelo outside Celtics locker room something along lines of "it's not worth wasting my money on you."

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Carmelo claims he spoke with Kevin Garnett. According to a source that conversation took place over the telephone.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Melo today: "It’s certain things that you just don’t say to men. I felt we crossed the line. But we’re both at an understanding right now."

Both guys have guts and they are smarter than most people think, I think this closes the case.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#76 » by Jmonty580 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:16 pm

ermocrate wrote:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

According to a source, Garnett told Carmelo outside Celtics locker room something along lines of "it's not worth wasting my money on you."

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Carmelo claims he spoke with Kevin Garnett. According to a source that conversation took place over the telephone.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Melo today: "It’s certain things that you just don’t say to men. I felt we crossed the line. But we’re both at an understanding right now."

Both guys have guts and they are smarter than most people think, I think this close the case.

until next game
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#77 » by waya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:18 pm

On the bright side, we no doubt will get to see this stuff in the next episode of "uncensored trash talk"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqEwsZ6ZbC0[/youtube]
Genocide38
Junior
And1: 2

Post#78 » by Genocide38 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:19 pm

Knick Swisher
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#79 » by Knick Swisher » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:21 pm

Starks1994 wrote:Damn I love Melo but this is hysterical

:lol: the bottom right corner

ITGM strikes again
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#80 » by ermocrate » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:22 pm

Jmonty580 wrote:
ermocrate wrote:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Both guys have guts and they are smarter than most people think, I think this close the case.

until next game

Yes! And that's the way it should be...

Look at Rugby, they freaking kill each other on the field, they insult every member of each other family, after the game they all eat and drink rivers of beer together...

I prefer this to the general pussy-play we have in modern NBA, except the continuation after the game...
"Negativity in this town sucks"

Return to New York Knicks