ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Does D'Antoni have to fear losing his job already?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Since89
Bench Warmer
And1: 427

Re: OT: Does D'Antoni have to fear losing his job already? 

Post#41 » by Since89 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 pm

lmfao dantoni is a **** horrendous coach

i am glad this **** is failing
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#42 » by Stannis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Currently, I am afraid that D' Antoni might not just have to fear losing his current job, but being done with the NBA all together now and the future.
Free Palestine
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#43 » by seren » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Shpati21 wrote:Currently, I am afraid that D' Antoni might not just have to fear losing his current job, but being done with the NBA all together now and the future.

Look at it this way. He has a three year guaranteed contract which he will be 65 after. If he gets fired, it makes little sense for him to get another coaching gig as the NBA rules dictate his new salary will be deducted from the money he is owed (nice one coaches' union if there is one). He is better off going TV at this point.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#44 » by Quick Kick » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 pm

@ Shpati21 your signature is a goddamn nightmare come true.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#45 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 pm

D'Antoni is good for the college game, too bad college players don't have the jumper like they do in the pros. But running the floor is what they love to do.
Dre_7
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#46 » by Dre_7 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

By the end of the year I think he is gone. I also think the Lakers will probably go after Phil after the season is over like they should have done at first :lol: . But I think Mike Antoni (No D for obvious reasons), is not a NBA head coach and I for one don't really see what's so special about his offense. It's basically PNR in a rare half-court set or a fast break three for a 3pt shooter (Another thing the lakers lack to run Antioni's "System"). Lakers have so much talent and waste it on Pringles.....Shame on not noticing how bad of a coach he is while in New York. :lol:
PumaClyde
Pro Prospect
And1: 26

Post#47 » by PumaClyde » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Pringles stopped worrying about the Laker job the minute the 12 million dollar check cleared...

Him and his freeloading brother are nothing but snake oil salesmen,
and the NBA teams represent the sucker born every minute.
"When two teams suck, the hustler always wins- Puma
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#48 » by denterprise » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am

The media has sold the unwise a bill of goods when they called this man a genius. He has never won a championship but yet he was dubbed a genius because he had a nice run with Nash and STAT. He was exposed in New York and is being exposed again in Los Angeles. As bad as he is he will still be given a longer leash than Mike Brown.
towelie
Lead Assistant
And1: 38

Post#49 » by towelie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am

I was one of the biggest Pringles haters when he was our coach.

And this terrible run of the Lakers is actually making me feel bad for him.

Actually no, I am fcking reveling in this ****. Love seeing his dope of a brother Dan D'Antoni sitting on the bench looking just as flustered, and secretly thanking God that he's getting paid six figures to be a glorified towelboy for Kobe.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,906

Post#50 » by sol537 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 am

We need to send one last FU to Pringles and the Lakers by getting them to agree to an Amare/Pau swap. :lol:
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#51 » by I_Love_NYK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Dwight will be gone, if the ownership is so worried about him staying and Dwight crying about touched then they should get him more touches to keep him happy. With the Knicks doing better without D'Antoni's system and Lakers struggling with D'Antoni's system. It just shows he can't make adjustments with the players he got.

After he gets fired from the Lakers this year, the College level is where he belongs.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#52 » by seren » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 pm

I_Love_NYK wrote:Dwight will be gone, if the ownership is so worried about him staying and Dwight crying about touched then they should get him more touches to keep him happy. With the Knicks doing better without D'Antoni's system and Lakers struggling with D'Antoni's system. It just shows he can't make adjustments with the players he got.

After he gets fired from the Lakers this year, the College level is where he belongs.

Apparently, Dwight is the second in the league in post touches right after Al Jefferson.

I think DAntoni sucks and they should get rid of him but Dwight sucks even more. I wouldn't build a team around him.

Return to New York Knicks