ImageImageImageImageImage

Raymond Felton doing non contact drills

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#41 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 pm

This team without Felton lacks a crucial component for success but that shouldn't take away from what Kidd provides.

Just like Tyson can't make up for Felton's absence neither can Kidd who, at this point,provides different qualities than Felton.

His D is great but its better against larger and somewhat slower players. He's gonna struggle vs rondo. His passing is amazing but he's not doing it off penetration at this point which is obviously crucial to this squad. Mostly this hurts guys like Novak and chandler and Kidd himself. Melo will still get his 30 nightly.

Ironically Kidd had been the one to benefit most perhaps from drive and dish off Felton's play.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#42 » by blumatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:I hope doctors are erring on the conservative side. Losing him for the season would be devastating. A two week stretch of average basketball would not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. I starting to lean towards him returning after all star break. The things we ask him will incurr a lot of hits at the ball/hands.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#43 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm

actually he will get the all star break off anyway he might as well come back, help us out, test those hands and then rest up

obviously not at the risk of further injury but Id like to see him get some burn before the break
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#44 » by seren » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

If Felton from November comes back, that is great. If Felton from December is what we get, don't expect much change in the results.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Post#45 » by kane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
kane wrote:its amazing to me how noone has really brought up the fact that without felton this is pretty much the exact same team as last year pre lin when we had melo running point forward and we all know how well that worked out....

This team without Felton is nowhere close to the team we had last year.

Last year we barely had players who could dribble forget about running a play.

We have a host of players who can do both, just not fulltime.

Melo was running pnr with Amare for three assists, and a couple more were kickouts for threes....he wasn't facilitating during the entire absence of Felton, just this past game.

yeah i agree its in a little better shape but i got a major case of de ja vu during the nets game when we had a lineup of tyson/amare/jr/shump and melo playing point forward :lol:
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#46 » by Quick Kick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:12 pm

seren wrote:If Felton from November comes back, that is great. If Felton from December is what we get, don't expect much change in the results.

December Felton was playing with two totally fked up hands.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#47 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 pm

kane wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
kane wrote:its amazing to me how noone has really brought up the fact that without felton this is pretty much the exact same team as last year pre lin when we had melo running point forward and we all know how well that worked out....

This team without Felton is nowhere close to the team we had last year.

Last year we barely had players who could dribble forget about running a play.

We have a host of players who can do both, just not fulltime.

Melo was running pnr with Amare for three assists, and a couple more were kickouts for threes....he wasn't facilitating during the entire absence of Felton, just this past game.

yeah i agree its in a little better shape but i got a major case of de ja vu during the nets game when we had a lineup of tyson/amare/jr/shump and melo playing point forward :lol:

I think that coincided with when Pablo went down.

There was quite a few in the game who were running the point such as Shump.

I doubt we see that version of Melo tomorrow...no worries here.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Dre_7
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#48 » by Dre_7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Hopefully he is back soon! As frustrating as he is to watch sometimes he is a real difference maker on the court. He opens a lot of Chanlder and Stat. I'm very interested on how he plays with stat, remember this ? :wink: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2TxLxr5blw[/youtube]
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 pm

I wasn't gonna create a thread for this, but I find it amazing how our guys seem to let twitter folks rattle them...

This tweet was sometime yesterday, but since has been taken down....the first two is Ray, the second is who started it.....and quite a few chiming in on it.

It was in reference to the introduction of the Lexus suite

RFeltonGBMS Headed to celebrate the launch of the @Lexus suite in @thegarden . Great partnership: http://t.co/hLFC3Dca

Raymond Felton ‏@RFeltonGBMS
Get a life for whoever starting the dumb joke, I got the chocolates from an event tonight that I attended as and gift. Wow!! Grow up!!

Dan L ‏@KnicksFanBlog

"I am new Knick twitter person, sent from Ministry of Propaganda of Brooklyn Net, Raymond Felton not eat chocolate."
Expand

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#50 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Our guys let everything get to them

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#51 » by Quick Kick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Dan L ‏@KnicksFanBlog

"I am new Knick twitter person, sent from Ministry of Propaganda of Brooklyn Net, Raymond Felton not eat chocolate."
Expand

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry that sh(t is hilarious to me

Ray sounds very insecure about his (past) weight problem. Its obviously just a big joke but not to him.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#52 » by CU_NY09 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I wasn't gonna create a thread for this, but I find it amazing how our guys seem to let twitter folks rattle them...

:o

The Knicks have the best, most knowledgeable fans and forums. I don't mind the criticism because I know everyone is genuinely concerned but why are you're so much more gloom and doom this year than last year? We're much better this year, I don't understand.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 pm

biglove44 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I wasn't gonna create a thread for this, but I find it amazing how our guys seem to let twitter folks rattle them...

:o

The Knicks have the best, most knowledgeable fans and forums. I don't mind the criticism because I know everyone is genuinely concerned but why are you're so much more gloom and doom this year than last year? We're much better this year, I don't understand.

I hope you dont really consider that "doom and gloom".

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#54 » by Tron Carter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm

More Felton updates:

Ian Begley:
Ray Felton feels like he's in better shape now than he was before the season because of track work he's done while hurt. #Knicks

Begley:
Ray Felton says that the bone bruises in both of his hands are "feeling good" -- an ancillary benefit of sitting out w/the broken pinky.

Nate Taylor:
Raymond Felton says he wants to play Saturday, but also said he won't lie to doctors if he experiences pain in pinkie.
R.I.P Black Mamba
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#55 » by seren » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Quick Kick wrote:
seren wrote:If Felton from November comes back, that is great. If Felton from December is what we get, don't expect much change in the results.

December Felton was playing with two totally fked up hands.

That is what I am saying. He needs to come 100 percent healthy. We can't have another 30 percent shooter taking major minutes. JR is already sinking the ship in that aspect.
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#56 » by Knicker23 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Looks like it's officially official.

NYPost_Berman
Felton will start tomorrow.

@jonahballow
Woodson says he will most likely start @rfeltongbms, @I_Am_Iman, @Flight8, @carmeloanthony, & @tysonchandler #Knicks

Return to New York Knicks