ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Mike Woodson, plz

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,484

Re: Fire Mike Woodson, plz 

Post#41 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 am

TheFix wrote:
Butch718 wrote:To think, a lot of fans were mocking Brooklyn when they were calling for Avery's head.

I'm frustrated with Woodson as much as the next fan. I just can't think of a viable replacements for him. Let's be real, the Van Gundy brothers will never coach here as long as Dolan is the owner. Phil Jax is not coming here either. Sloan isn't the answer. There really aren't that many good options.

Do you suggest that legions of Knick fans protest every day next to MSG, demanding that Dolan step down?

The only way to get his attention is to hurt his wallet. Otherwise you're stuck with this joke of an owner.
YaMomsEx
Starter
And1: 472

Post#42 » by YaMomsEx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 am

JBreezeNY wrote:
YaMomsEx wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:Have patience.

I would be all for this if Woodson wasnt doing the same things he did in Atl

While that is true, there is still half a season left.

We'll get it going together and I will bump this thread in the playoffs.

Hope your right bro
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#43 » by TheFix » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 am

Butch718 wrote:
Mr_Perfect wrote:
Butch718 wrote:To think, a lot of fans were mocking Brooklyn when they were calling for Avery's head.

I'm frustrated with Woodson as much as the next fan. I just can't think of a viable replacements for him. Let's be real, the Van Gundy brothers will never coach here as long as Dolan is the owner. Phil Jax is not coming here either. Sloan isn't the answer. There really aren't that many good options.

I hate when people say this.

There's a lot of coaches out there. They don't need to be Phil Jackson or Jeff Van Gundy or Jerry Sloan. I'd give a job to a highly-touted assistant over Woodson for sure.

That's never going to happen and you know it. It's a high profile name or bust.

For the record, that's what I'd want too. But if Woodson fails, this team isn't going to give the job to a highly touted assistant. That's not Dolan's way.

Knowing Dolan, he'd give the job to Isiah's assistant at FIU.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#44 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 am

:lol: No he'd just give the job to Isiah.
knicknack
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#45 » by knicknack » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 am

PicheDreams wrote:Does this team listen to him... he is saying all the right things postgame yet he doesnt make the adjustments during timeouts... im confused

Nope, no confusion here, you're exactly right. It's actually very simple. To make matters worse, the whole team is saying all the right things as well after games but their talk is not translating into their play! Its on the coaches to figure this out, if not......see ya next season, with a 70% new team!
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,906

Post#46 » by sol537 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 am

Melobury in the house.

Woodson will get canned by seasons end and this team will barely make the playoffs and get rocked in the 1st round. They're not playing team ball, they're playing me ball and "dumb" ball.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#47 » by NYKat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 am

JBreezeNY wrote:
YaMomsEx wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:Have patience.

I would be all for this if Woodson wasnt doing the same things he did in Atl

While that is true, there is still half a season left.

We'll get it going together and I will bump this thread in the playoffs.

Trillz...

I'm starting to lose patience, myself, but these threads just go way off the deep end, there's way too much season left to be talking about firing people and tanking and what not...
Butch718
RealGM

Post#48 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:26 am

It's not only a Woodson problem, it's a roster problem. J-Kidd was playing way over his head during the first month. But now he's looking his age and has no confidence in his shot. Our back up big men are too injury prone and old. JR has way more bad games than good. Amar'e best days are behind him. Novak is a liability in almost every aspect of the game except when he's wide open. Felton plays hard, but doesn't play very smart. Plus our two leaders (Melo and Tyson) just haven't played consistent on the defensive end all season long.
wellpact
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#49 » by wellpact » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

Hey guys! Long time knicks fan here and Ewing will always be my #1. Since this is my first post on here I thought I'd get that outta the way. As far as Woodson goes he is just a mediocre coach and Knicks problems go a bit further than him. I say lets see how he handles Kmart and his minutes b4 we throw him under the bus. I'll admit though that I sometimes can't figure out what he's thinking at times. Thx! Keep the faith cuz 32-20 is still respectable, for this organization anyways.
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,024

Post#50 » by The Infamous1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 am

Hes not a great coach, but for the most part Coaches usually get fired when

A. team don't live up to expectations.
B. team flat out sucks

Even with the losing streak, The team is 32-20 and 2nd in the conference so you have to take suck out of the equation. So What did you really epect from the Knicks this season? Lets he honest If everything went well this squad was a low 50 win team that would win a playoff series and get knocked out of the 2nd rd. Which is basically what the Knicks are on pace for right now(maybe not the 50 wins part) Plus I don't see the coaching upgrade in sight
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
clipse375
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#51 » by clipse375 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 am

wellpact wrote:Hey guys! Long time knicks fan here and Ewing will always be my #1. Since this is my first post on here I thought I'd get that outta the way. As far as Woodson goes he is just a mediocre coach and Knicks problems go a bit further than him. I say lets see how he handles Kmart and his minutes b4 we throw him under the bus. I'll admit though that I sometimes can't figure out what he's thinking at times. Thx! Keep the faith cuz 32-20 is still respectable, for this organization anyways.

Good post for your being your 1st. A lotta fools make pointless threads as their 1st ever posts here. Welcome to the chaos.
YaMomsEx
Starter
And1: 472

Post#52 » by YaMomsEx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 am

its no way you can fire woodson now but i dnt think he right coach.
clipse375
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#53 » by clipse375 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 am

Woodson isn't getting fired at any point this season.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#54 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 am

mike woodson is a terrible coach. His offense is so terrible and predictable. For a defensive coach the team is awful. The knicks should fire him in the off season.
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#55 » by Knicker23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 am

They got away from their early season D identity. Once they did that, it was only a matter of time before the 3s stopped falling and their "high offense efficiency" went away too. Then they became known for nothing. Which is pretty much where they are now. Not a defense team, not offensive... Have a good go to guy that can sometimes win you games on his own, or if the games close... Outside of that, and a decent C that sometimes impacts the game... They just don't have a whole lot. And Woodson certainly isn't helping by refusing to change.
Ron1
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#56 » by Ron1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 am

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:Woodson is going to get his full 3 years deal with it. Grunwald, Woodson, and Isiah are thick as thieves.

Woodson has got to put Stat in the starting line up and do somethinv different. Even if this team does somehow get to the playoffs,they are gone i five game no matter what seed they are. This team has been fools gold from the start. They need to rfade tyson chandler and iman shumpert for CP3. This team is going no where.
Marc Berman, Ny Post wrote:...the Knicks went into Miami feeling their only chance of survival was to bomb away from the 3-point line, and see where the chips fall.
MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Post#57 » by MeloTime » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:Woodson should have never been hired to begin with, i mean seriously you couldnt take a look at his track record and tell he is cluless, Raymond felton i will finally agree is a backup PG and i will say yes we made a mistake with Lin, Melo anthony was my favorite player, WAS is the keyword.

agree 150% , we are missing that guard who can break down the D and create his own shot. Felton is decent but he is not that guy.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#58 » by Sark » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 am

The Infamous1 wrote:Hes not a great coach, but for the most part Coaches usually get fired when

A. team don't live up to expectations.
B. team flat out sucks

Even with the losing streak, The team is 32-20 and 2nd in the conference so you have to take suck out of the equation. So What did you really epect from the Knicks this season? Lets he honest If everything went well this squad was a low 50 win team that would win a playoff series and get knocked out of the 2nd rd. Which is basically what the Knicks are on pace for right now(maybe not the 50 wins part) Plus I don't see the coaching upgrade in sight

We're not second in the conference anymore.
Ron1
Veteran

Post#59 » by Ron1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 am

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:Woodson is going to get his full 3 years deal with it. Grunwald, Woodson, and Isiah are thick as thieves.

Woodson has got to put Stat in the starting line up and do somethinv different. Even if this team does somehow get to the playoffs,they are gone i five game no matter what seed they are. This team has been fools gold from the start. They need to rfade tyson chandler and iman shumpert for CP3. This team is going no where.
Marc Berman, Ny Post wrote:...the Knicks went into Miami feeling their only chance of survival was to bomb away from the 3-point line, and see where the chips fall.
Ron1
Veteran

Post#60 » by Ron1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 am

Return to New York Knicks