ImageImageImageImageImage

O/T: My first tattoo

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Re: O/T: My first tattoo 

Post#41 » by Juggynaut » Fri Aug 2, 2013 8:47 pm

Nice tat but do people actually enjoy having tattoos? Only reason I'll get 1 is if I want to make myself look more of a badass.
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#42 » by cavs4life03 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 8:50 pm

Juggynaut wrote:Nice tat but do people actually enjoy having tattoos? Only reason I'll get 1 is if I want to make myself look more of a badass.

i enjoy it and it will definately make you look like a bad ass and woman love it too
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#43 » by moocow007 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 8:57 pm

Juggynaut wrote:Nice tat but do people actually enjoy having tattoos? Only reason I'll get 1 is if I want to make myself look more of a badass.

Its a form of statement for me. Not so much just for others but really for myself. Every tattoo I have has a meaning behind it that goes beyond "hey look at me". The meaning is personal (unless the person viewing my tattoo can actually decipher it, which I don't expect). The Bushido tattoos, for example, very few people would now what they mean (and usually it's only those that can read chinese that has some idea of what each character means but not the full idea of Bushido).

Can it be bad ass? Sure. And a lot of people get them to look bad ass. But, ehh, was never that for me.

And the pain that comes along with getting it is actually quite interesting tbqh (and I see it as a natural course or rite of passage to get the tattoo). I'm not a masochist or anything like that but I've always been one that was never afraid of looking at the needle going in (during shots) or watching the tattooist actually do the tattoo each and every second of the time it took (I did that with my last one and I think it actually bothered the guy a little since he said that most folks turn away when he's doing it). At some point I'd like to experience the method of inking that Polynesians use.
Jordan Diddy
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#44 » by Jordan Diddy » Fri Aug 2, 2013 9:31 pm

Instead of the BET tat get one that says MSG.
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#45 » by keyindabox » Fri Aug 2, 2013 10:51 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Its a form of statement for me. Not so much just for others but really for myself. Every tattoo I have has a meaning behind it that goes beyond "hey look at me". The meaning is personal (unless the person viewing my tattoo can actually decipher it, which I don't expect). The Bushido tattoos, for example, very few people would now what they mean (and usually it's only those that can read chinese that has some idea of what each character means but not the full idea of Bushido).

Can it be bad ass? Sure. And a lot of people get them to look bad ass. But, ehh, was never that for me.

And the pain that comes along with getting it is actually quite interesting tbqh (and I see it as a natural course or rite of passage to get the tattoo). I'm not a masochist or anything like that but I've always been one that was never afraid of looking at the needle going in (during shots) or watching the tattooist actually do the tattoo each and every second of the time it took (I did that with my last one and I think it actually bothered the guy a little since he said that most folks turn away when he's doing it). At some point I'd like to experience the method of inking that Polynesians use.

You summed it up pretty well. I guess mine is a mix of showing off my fandom and what being a fan of those teams means to me. It looking "badass" never really crossed my mind as a reason and I am in a committed relationship, so not trying to get "the girls" either.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#46 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 3, 2013 2:59 pm

i'm not a tattoo guy. i don't like them, only on rock chicks.

but if i were to get one it would be the one on jeremy shockey's arm.

RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#47 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 3, 2013 4:39 pm

still a pretty cool tattoo
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#48 » by moocow007 » Sat Aug 3, 2013 4:43 pm

br7knicks wrote:still a pretty cool tattoo

Yeah that's a real nice one. He definitely had a pro do it...can tell by the detail and accuracy.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,127

Post#49 » by Tron Carter » Sat Aug 3, 2013 4:50 pm

my homie got his work done by this jun cha. his work is incredible.
R.I.P Black Mamba
nyk4L7_21
Pro Prospect
And1: 471

Post#50 » by nyk4L7_21 » Sat Aug 3, 2013 5:18 pm

I really like how the "Y" extends into a skyscraper around your shoulderblade. Very well done.
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#51 » by keyindabox » Sun Aug 4, 2013 4:37 pm

nyk4L7_21 wrote:I really like how the "Y" extends into a skyscraper around your shoulderblade. Very well done.

Thanks man, definitely very happy about it.

And I love that tattoo Shockey has. Sometimes I wish I was white so I could have cool color tattoos, but not with this brown skin :lol:
fringers
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#52 » by fringers » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:13 pm

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#53 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:15 pm

fringers wrote:The placement of your tattoo on your body is very important. Do you want it to show up every day or do you want it covered up most of the time? Think about the clothes you wear, how you style your hair, and the activities you participate in.

great first post and enjoy your ban

Return to New York Knicks