ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Is it weird to go to a concert by yourself?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: OT: Is it weird to go to a concert by yourself? 

Post#21 » by Greenie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 am

Im Coming Home wrote:Long story short I have no close/real friends who like the same music as me, and I want to go to this concert REALLY bad. Its my two favorite bands in which have pretty different styles of music and they just happen to be doing a concert together.

Is it weird to go to a concert by yourself? I figure I will meet people who do enjoy the same music as me so it won't really matter..

no
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#22 » by waya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 am

TheBigBoss wrote:
TheToothFairy wrote:It is weird, like going to the movies by yourself

That said if u like them go

Believe it or not, I once picked up a hot chick by going to the movies by myself. She saw me by myself so she sat right next to me because she felt weird about being there by herself, we ended up talking, and it actually ended up becoming a date. So you never know, just because you arrive alone, don't mean you will leave alone.

You probably just hit the jackpot
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,353

Post#23 » by Grinditout » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:17 am

Come to the concert alone and leave with a lady.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,163

Post#24 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:http://www.sunnationalbankcenter.com/event-detail.php?id=547

Don't know em, but enjoy!

Ya I figured no one would listen to them on the board. :lol:

But thanks!
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
NJ_YANKEE_45
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#25 » by NJ_YANKEE_45 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:59 am

I went to Metallica's big ass music festival in AC last summer by myself.

Sky_Knicks wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:Bargnani is strokin it!!! I'm going nuts in here! Prove them haters wrong, kid

:o
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#26 » by br7knicks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:01 am

yeah, but i do it all the time
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#27 » by Little Italia » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:21 am

I don't see the big deal of going to the movies by yourself. I got to the movies by myself most of the time cause of my crazy work schedule. And most of the time i go to the movies by myself are in the morning. No problem with that.

It's not weird to go to a concert by yourself but it can be risky cause your all alone. A group of douchebags may cause trouble with you and ruin your experience or/and your face. It's better to go to a concert with a group of people. It's more enjoyable and you'll feel safe.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,130

Post#28 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:27 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:I havent done it but I know many people who have. Its really not weird though. You can always just tell people your friends dont like the music you do and you want to meet new people. Since the people at the concert obviously do like the music you do you all have something in common too.

BTW who are you seeing

Someone that no one on this board probably likes.. A Day To Remember its a scream/rock group. :P

Ha "scream/rock group". I know them. They're like pop-punkcore :lol:. Not a fan but hey go slay a scene chick.
NYKMentality85
Analyst
And1: 1,204

Post#29 » by NYKMentality85 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 am

I've never been to a concert alone but one time after a long days of work, I went to a movie by myself. Don't ask me why, but I just did it. Pulled over to the side of the street, got out, and went on a one man journey.

I mean I love my wife with everything I have and love my daughter the same way, they're my family; but lol for some reason I just wanted to relax and not have to do anything around the home. Just became a first time father at 26, this must've been like 2 1/2 years ago, my daughter was a couple of months old and out of nowhere I was looking for a movie to catch, ordering myself some food and snacks, and just found myself relaxing for a while. I think my mind needed a small break. One day I just became a dad and happened so quick. This was the first time in a while, that I just observed everything and thought about life.

lol i remember calling my girl and telling her before the movie started that, I got bored on the way home from work and here I am inside of Baywalk thearters catching a movie. Turned out to be a pretty awkward conversation. She was like, who goes to the movies by themselves? Then she was like, who the fk are you with? lmao I got mad worried (for no reason) and I was like chill woman, lol, was like you know me you can come to movies right now and see me, myself and I. She laughed, called me weird, and hung up. She still asks me, who goes to the movies by themselves, who does that? My reply; Me, Myself and I :lol:

But yea, nah man it's not weird. Sometimes a man just needs a little break to ease our minds. I mean if you're single, for a concert, I'd try and find a date. Why not? Think about it, what girl/woman that's into fun and a good time... Wouldn't wanna go check out a concert with a good dude? Have a good time and what not. But even if not, go check out the concert solo, have a good night, create life memories that you can share with others.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#30 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:37 am

Now that I know it's A Day to Remember, you might now want to go alone... unless your under 18.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
IvyLeagueVet
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#31 » by IvyLeagueVet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:57 am

Yes, its about as weird as needing someone or a group with you to do everything.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#32 » by wolfv » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 am

I've gone to concerts/music festivals by myself before. Even when I go with friends we usually get separated anyway and just meet up after the show
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#33 » by Red Vines » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:07 am

I don't think anyone really pays much attention to other people at a concert, everyone is just trying to enjoy the show. Unless it's a really, really small venue where you're sitting at a table by yourself...don't do that.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#34 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:43 am

Im Coming Home wrote:Long story short I have no close/real friends who like the same music as me, and I want to go to this concert REALLY bad. Its my two favorite bands in which have pretty different styles of music and they just happen to be doing a concert together.

Is it weird to go to a concert by yourself? I figure I will meet people who do enjoy the same music as me so it won't really matter..

Smoke some weed and become one with the band man.
Free Palestine
nyk4L7_21
Pro Prospect
And1: 471

Post#35 » by nyk4L7_21 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:02 am

I'd go if I were you, but then again I go out by myself on sort of "solo adventures" all the time. At concerts and big events and such, I usually tend to leave my group of friends anyway and chat up random people, make new friends and branch out a little. A lot of times my friends are mad annoying and just follow my every footstep and ask me a million questions anyway when I"m just trying to have a good time.

ADTR's a sick band btw; you'll definitely meet a bunch of chill people there. You already got a conversation starter with the music
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#36 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:19 am

TrueWarrior wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:I havent done it but I know many people who have. Its really not weird though. You can always just tell people your friends dont like the music you do and you want to meet new people. Since the people at the concert obviously do like the music you do you all have something in common too.

BTW who are you seeing

Someone that no one on this board probably likes.. A Day To Remember its a scream/rock group. :P

Ha "scream/rock group". I know them. They're like pop-punkcore :lol:. Not a fan but hey go slay a scene chick.

Lol Thanks man. And ya I was gonna say pop-punkcore but I figured I would just say 'scream/rock' just to simplify it. :rofl:

Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#37 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:20 am

nyk4L7_21 wrote:

I'd go if I were you, but then again I go out by myself on sort of "solo adventures" all the time. At concerts and big events and such, I usually tend to leave my group of friends anyway and chat up random people, make new friends and branch out a little. A lot of times my friends are mad annoying and just follow my every footstep and ask me a million questions anyway when I"m just trying to have a good time.

ADTR's a sick band btw; you'll definitely meet a bunch of chill people there. You already got a conversation starter with the music

Nice man thanks!

And ya ADTR is awesome, it's rare to find a band that you like 95% of all their songs which is the case for me with ADTR.

nyk4L7_21
Pro Prospect
And1: 471

Post#38 » by nyk4L7_21 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:00 am

TheBigBoss wrote:
TheToothFairy wrote:It is weird, like going to the movies by yourself

That said if u like them go

Believe it or not, I once picked up a hot chick by going to the movies by myself. She saw me by myself so she sat right next to me because she felt weird about being there by herself, we ended up talking, and it actually ended up becoming a date. So you never know, just because you arrive alone, don't mean you will leave alone.

:bowdown: :bowdown:
LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Post#39 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:08 am

In a group or alone. I make everything a social event. I used to wait on my friends and coordinating with them especially if you have an eclectic collection like I do which caused more angst than enjoyment. I now do whatever I want to do first without waiting on people. I mention things and my best friend is good at counter offering like I'm at the beach now, can you wait 2 hours and we'll roll out together but for the most part I'm like I'm doing this, announce it on FB or texting and have people meet up with me later.

I'm the dude that knows all the owners and hot employees and gets free food and drinks which in turn hypes me up to anyone around and helps meet new people, ( when I say people I mean women :D).

But then again I've always really been omega like that.
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#40 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:42 am

IvyLeagueVet wrote:Yes, its about as weird as needing someone or a group with you to do everything.

Return to New York Knicks