ImageImageImageImageImage

Reggie Miller blames Knick fans for "not wanting to rebuild

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Re: Reggie Miller blames Knick fans for "not wanting to rebu 

Post#41 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Nyk4lyfe wrote:it's true. all my friends (mostly casual Knick fans) were willing to trade all our assets for an expiring contract in Kyle Lowry.

Yeah, can't ignore that. A lot of people cursing at Reggie in this thread were begging for Dolan to make that trade. I don't think a lot of fans realize how impatient and shortsighted they actually are.

Not that that should effect what goes on in the FO. A good FO doesn't listen to a word the fans or the media says. But the fact remains, if the team was run by a committee of 50 random people from this forum, I'd rather see Isiah get his job back.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,422

Post#42 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Pretty dumb. This is a New York thing, not a fan thing really.

Not even sure it's a Dolan thing. But to the extent that it is, he really doesn't care what the fans think.
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#43 » by symbiotic » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Thing is about casual fans, ALL FANBASES have their segments of diehard fans and casual fans.

ALL OF THEM, or is it just unique to New York fans that James Dolan has to act a fool and eschew all ideas about a proper rebuild. I would be happy with a 15-25 team knowing we are already stacked with noteworthy young players with a top 3 pick in the horizon.

Delayed gratification is a key concept in life. Laziness may pay off now, but hard work pays off in the future.

Somewhere James Dolan and other myopic owners forgot about these key concepts. He wants NOW NOW NOW NOW GIMME NOW!!!! To blame Knick fans begging for otherwise is nothing more than Reggie Miller doing the same **** he did in 1994, but this time with malice.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:were gonna start listening to Miller now?
Who has what credentials about this topic?

the best thing he ever did was jack up a bunch of shots, not get called for a blatant offensive foul, and then lose the series

Lol.. I respect your loyalty and passion but come on.. you gotta give Reggie more credit than that.

Not only was he one of the better players of our time, and not only did he play many games in the Garden and hear it from these NY fans as much as any player ever did, but he's also a pretty smart guy. Has been a broadcaster for a bunch of years now. He's well-connected. Knows the game and has seen it from every perspective. As a player, as a fan, and as an analyst. Whether he's right or wrong here, I think it's fair of him to make an assessment. He's not talking out of his ass.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,488

Post#45 » by j4remi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:35 pm

The Knicks haven't been in a position to rebuild since the Ewing trade...how can anyone comment on it? Fans didn't make Zeke dump picks repeatedly or Walsh to dump picks for second max player money that he didn't even get to use until he dumped every asset he had at the time.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#46 » by DrKnick » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Reggie Miller? Of all people? GTFOH.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:52 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Pretty dumb. This is a New York thing, not a fan thing really.

Not even sure it's a Dolan thing. But to the extent that it is, he really doesn't care what the fans think.

Perfectly said. The bright lights. The hustle and bustle. The self proclaimed "most famous arena in the world". That's what this is all about.

And yes, Dolan cares more about keeping up with the Giants and Yankees than he does the Heat and Pacers.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#48 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:

the best thing he ever did was jack up a bunch of shots, not get called for a blatant offensive foul, and then lose the series

Lol.. I respect your loyalty and passion but come on.. you gotta give Reggie more credit than that.

Not only was he one of the better players of our time, and not only did he play many games in the Garden and hear it from these NY fans as much as any player ever did, but he's also a pretty smart guy. Has been a broadcaster for a bunch of years now. He's well-connected. Knows the game and has seen it from every perspective. As a player, as a fan, and as an analyst. Whether he's right or wrong here, I think it's fair of him to make an assessment. He's not talking out of his ass.

hes not talking out his ass but that thing he is talking out of looks more like and ass than a face

I hate miller
the biggest flopper of all time
he won exactly nothing but talks like an all time great
hes so arogant and unlikable I just don't get why people are so enamored of him
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:08 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:

hes not talking out his ass but that thing he is talking out of looks more like and ass than a face

I hate miller
the biggest flopper of all time
he won exactly nothing but talks like an all time great
hes so arogant and unlikable I just don't get why people are so enamored of him

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,895

Post#50 » by Woodsanity » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Maybe the very casual Knicks fan but true Knicks fans want to rebuild for the most part. True Knicks fans want the Knicks FO to start making smart decisions for once....

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#51 » by malik959 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:19 pm

This is complete BS! First off if this dang organisation would learn how to make a proper trade to get picks, not just give them away. Its not the fans fault we paid for guys like Fat azz. JJ, Al. Harrington , Shadow Anderson . Traded not Luke Longley. who never played a game but stayed on our books for three years. Same with Eddie Curry. We would not have a problem rebuilding if we wouldn't draft soft players like Frye and Jordan to man the middle. Traded Swing for Rice. Traded the fort for Marbury. and again for Melo. Fans have no trust in this organisation and i don't blame them. So will someone please get the story straight.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,611

Post#52 » by Lord Commander » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 pm

A yo, Reggie, on behalf of all NY fans, shut your filthy whore mouth.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,754

Post#53 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:29 pm

This is like hockey in Toronto, where the idiot media puckheads perpetuate this "pressure" to always gun for a playoff spot whereas true and suffering Leafs fans begged for decades (literally) for a proper tear-down and foundational build.

The problem, as it seems to be in NY where the Knicks are gospel, is that the casual and corporate population is so massive, media-driven perception seems to become reality.

I can understand what Reggie is saying as well as the frustration of devout Knicks fans. It's a crappy cycle to be trapped in.
iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 111

Post#54 » by iHeartKNicks » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Apparently Reggie Miller isn't aware that you need draft picks to rebuild. What are we supposed to do compete 1 season that we don't have a pick then tank the next when we do?
I hate when the Knicks underachieve because thats when all these bozo's come out with their knick fixes
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
kej718
Sixth Man
And1: 499

Post#55 » by kej718 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:35 pm

He is right though we keep giving up our draft picks in trades trying to win now
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#56 » by Daaaarryyl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:41 pm

He'd be right, if he replaced "NY fans" with "Dolan".

And incredibly dumb to say considering how people 4-5 years ago where saying the Knick fan was "smart" and "understood" they have to make big moves to get under the cap. Now the hierarchy fukd up and the fans are said to be too "impatient" GTFOH
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
RC3isback
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#57 » by RC3isback » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Spike lee is not a representation of a knicks fan.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#58 » by Marty McFly » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:02 pm

i would honestly like to know how someone would come to that conclusion. because casual fans go to games? there are a lot of people in new york, it's just another thing to do. how that's the fault of fans is beyond me.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#59 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 pm

kej718 wrote:He is right though we keep giving up our draft picks in trades trying to win now

True that

But that happened for about 20 years
Hard to blame the fans on that one
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#60 » by cavs4life03 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:13 pm

really reggie so your saying the fans vote on decisions made by gm? hmm yea i dont think so...is not the fans fault is actually managements fault we just pay to go to the games
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future

Return to New York Knicks