ImageImageImageImageImage

OT:CNN BREAKING- ISIS Behead US Journalist &posts on YouTube

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Re: OT:CNN BREAKING- ISIS Behead US Journalist &posts on You 

Post#81 » by KnicksGod » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:51 pm

This is nothing more than a violent cult and organized gang. Those groups are almost always populated by people who have nothing better going on in their lives -- i.e., to put it bluntly, bitter losers.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#82 » by majortom71 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:all those religions from out the middle east belong in a trash can, except for zoroastrianism....but even that has indian roots.

WOW. And with that you just proved your pure ignorance.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#83 » by majortom71 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:24 pm

KnicksGod wrote:This is nothing more than a violent cult and organized gang. Those groups are almost always populated by people who have nothing better going on in their lives -- i.e., to put it bluntly, bitter losers.

Good point, I just don't like when people point to religion regarding these things. I get it, it's easy to blame a religion.

The real problem is man.
You can take religion, ideology, politics...etc. and warp it to create a negative movement.
It's been done in the past and it will be done in the future.
In the end you have to be careful of what causes this and that is mass ignorance.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,894

Post#84 » by HEZI » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:27 pm

mademan wrote:Don't see why anybody could ever believe in religion, tbh. Belive in God, believe that there is something bigger than us, believe that this wasnt all chance...cool. That's understandable. But it's so illogical to believe in 1 religion over another..especially considering, that if a few things were different (country of birth/time of birth/society you live in), you'd be just a strong supporter of an opposing religion.

Doesn't everything that is created need a guide on how it should be used?

If we need instructions on how to use the things we create then why is it illogical to think that God would give us instructions on life?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HEZI
RealGM

Post#85 » by HEZI » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 pm

majortom71 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:This is nothing more than a violent cult and organized gang. Those groups are almost always populated by people who have nothing better going on in their lives -- i.e., to put it bluntly, bitter losers.

Good point, I just don't like when people point to religion regarding these things. I get it, it's easy to blame a religion.

The real problem is man.
You can take religion, ideology, politics...etc. and warp it to create a negative movement.
It's been done in the past and it will be done in the future.
In the end you have to be careful of what causes this and that is mass ignorance.

Bingo!
DENVER NUGGETS
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#86 » by poeman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:01 am

NowWHYcee7 wrote:all those religions from out the middle east belong in a trash can, except for zoroastrianism....but even that has indian roots.

Thank God this idiot was suspended
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#87 » by poeman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:03 am

Problem is this organized gang has over $2 billion in loot and funds from rich people all across the Gulf. They are more organized it seems then Al Qaeda.

Either way, the world will need to deal with these asswipes because they want a Islamic Caliphate and have one state in middle east.

These groups use Islam as a propoganda tool because alot of people are very religious in the Middle East, but religion has nothing to do with this cause...Its basically all political and people wanting their land run their way
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,027

Post#88 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:29 am

I keep the old gods.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#89 » by jwise44 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:41 am

poeman wrote:

Thank God this idiot was suspended

For sure

I'm in the camp that dislikes organized religion but only because people pervert it like ISIS but it happens in all religions..I grew up Christian and the westboro baptist church is disgusting to me...I don't know much about the situation but aren't there all kinds of catholic terrorists in Ireland?

There are terrorists in all walks of life even Eco-terrorists and such

It isn't confined to Islam and the Middle East
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#90 » by N8isScofield » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:What I meant is nothing to live for other than religion, whether it is a violent or peaceful purpose. America went though an Age of Reason and a Renaissance period and unless the same sort of evolution occurs over there, it will remain the status quo.

Oh really?

http://occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com/ ... the-world/

You think there are just a bunch of uneducated idiots over there, dont you?

Other than an automobile, what breakthrough invention has an American invented?

Thomas Edison probably would have an issue with your statement and all seeing that he is arguably the greatest inventor of all time.

Tesla? Da Vinci?
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#91 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:26 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:Acts like this make it hard for Americans to associate Muslims with anything but terrorism and violence.

Why is it that these terrorist leaders never sacrifice themselves for Allah but get the uneducated unemployed 22 year old to blow himself up? The main problem is education if these young kids had any education they would realize this. It's so sad that there is so much blood shed over two religions which are based in the same roots...except one wants to take over the world and kill everyone who doesn't agree. Religion will always be the easiest way to control the poor. Give people a bunch of false promises and tell them God said so.

This has nothing to do with religion....
Greenie
RealGM

Post#92 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 am

Two pages before the bull starts...

Thug, how's those talks coming?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#93 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:38 am

This board is a sad place. Going in on peoples religions now? Why can't we accept all differences and move on? One religion is not more right or wrong than another. All religions have pro's and con's to each individual. Accept it and move one. Half the fighting in this world is done because we show constant lack of toleration by bashing religions we are not even a part of. Why can't we just all be nice to each other and mind our own?
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 733

Post#94 » by Clincher » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:49 am

These scumbags have threatened to come Stateside, specifically New York and threatened to harm us with bombs and explosives.

Enough is enough, if they gather more control of parts of Syria and Iran to the point where ISIS absolutely without a doubt dwarfs the rebel/civilian side of these towns on lockdown within 2-3 years, bomb em. Especially if they do carry out their plan and do kill massive amounts of Americans on our soil. Bomb em(Thought about the Nuke but I would need to see how many innocent civilians and rebels still inhabit these cities).

Like I said, these guys are a **** farce to their own beliefs. If they were truly all about going back to the simplistic ways, they would attack with their hands, not guns like real men and they would not have a **** database set to snuff out their victims. Yeah that's really how they used to do it in older times.

This is nothing more than a bunch of neanderthals who deserve to burn in hell just trying to get paid sponsors, whether it by weapons or by money, and the only way they can get taken seriously are through such violent manners. Its a money grabber and sadly, I don't doubt Saudi Arabia and Iraq are giving these guys the money they set out with this but they will never admit and continue their false smile of "We will never support extreme Islam". Its done so they don't invade them and destroy their countries. This is more than just instilling fear and wanting to go back to "Old time Islam", its a money grab. The money the US gives Saudi Arabia due to oil essentially goes into ISIS.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by N8isScofield » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:22 am

Clincher wrote:These scumbags have threatened to come Stateside, specifically New York and threatened to harm us with bombs and explosives.

Enough is enough, if they gather more control of parts of Syria and Iran to the point where ISIS absolutely without a doubt dwarfs the rebel/civilian side of these towns on lockdown within 2-3 years, bomb em. Especially if they do carry out their plan and do kill massive amounts of Americans on our soil. Bomb em(Thought about the Nuke but I would need to see how many innocent civilians and rebels still inhabit these cities).

Like I said, these guys are a **** farce to their own beliefs. If they were truly all about going back to the simplistic ways, they would attack with their hands, not guns like real men and they would not have a **** database set to snuff out their victims. Yeah that's really how they used to do it in older times.

This is nothing more than a bunch of neanderthals who deserve to burn in hell just trying to get paid sponsors, whether it by weapons or by money, and the only way they can get taken seriously are through such violent manners. Its a money grabber and sadly, I don't doubt Saudi Arabia and Iraq are giving these guys the money they set out with this but they will never admit and continue their false smile of "We will never support extreme Islam". Its done so they don't invade them and destroy their countries. This is more than just instilling fear and wanting to go back to "Old time Islam", its a money grab. The money the US gives Saudi Arabia due to oil essentially goes into ISIS.

The problem with bombing the crap out of them is twofold. First, there would be considerable collateral damage which is not ok. Second, the game has changed. This isn't like fighting a sovereign nation, the fanatics that identify with this evil are spread across the globe, including right here within our borders. Yes, we could take out a bunch of them in Syria,Iraq, Pakistan or wherever using bombs and missiles and boots on the ground. All that would do is incite the fanatics in Europe and Asia and here at home to retaliate on our soil or against American abroad.They'd just rebuild another group from the assembly line of "martyrs" and once we'd eliminated most of them another would spawn in it's place. There is no solution. It's a global enemy that is adaptable and can exist anywhere. They know it and our government knows it.
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#96 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 am

N8isScofield wrote:
Clincher wrote:These scumbags have threatened to come Stateside, specifically New York and threatened to harm us with bombs and explosives.

The problem with bombing the crap out of them is twofold. First, there would be considerable collateral damage which is not ok. Second, the game has changed. This isn't like fighting a sovereign nation, the fanatics that identify with this evil are spread across the globe, including right here within our borders. Yes, we could take out a bunch of them in Syria,Iraq, Pakistan or wherever using bombs and missiles and boots on the ground. All that would do is incite the fanatics in Europe and Asia and here at home to retaliate on our soil or against American abroad.They'd just rebuild another group from the assembly line of "martyrs" and once we'd eliminated most of them another would spawn in it's place. There is no solution. It's a global enemy that is adaptable and can exist anywhere. They know it and our government knows it.

So are you suggesting we do nothing? I guess let them win it's been a good 230+ years of democracy but since these terrorists sure are tough ehh whatever. Kind of goes against the grain of what this nation was founded on. 1776 it was the English rule now it's for Western culture and the pursuit of freedom.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,027

Post#97 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:13 am

SMAC-K wrote:
Like Jesus said, He and God are one. So it is with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God. And Jesus Christ.
The three are one.

How does that make sense? 3=1?

Its basic math bro. 1=1, 2=2, 3=3

3=1 goes against the basic understanding of math

This is a ridiculous debate. If you believe in an all-powerful magical man in the sky, it doesn't take a huge stretch of the imagination to also believe in a holy trinity. Your religion beliefs are no more or less valid than the religious beliefs of anyone else.

Any sort of math/reason/logic is not your friend here. Why can't you just say something like "I don't share your belief of _______ but rather, I believe ________" and leave it at that?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,558

Post#98 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:08 am

greenhughes wrote:This board is a sad place. Going in on peoples religions now? Why can't we accept all differences and move on? One religion is not more right or wrong than another. All religions have pro's and con's to each individual. Accept it and move one. Half the fighting in this world is done because we show constant lack of toleration by bashing religions we are not even a part of. Why can't we just all be nice to each other and mind our own?

Because people (the U.S government) just can't help but exploit their power and strength and use it against people half way around the globe for not thinking the way they do.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by N8isScofield » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:25 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:

So are you suggesting we do nothing? I guess let them win it's been a good 230+ years of democracy but since these terrorists sure are tough ehh whatever. Kind of goes against the grain of what this nation was founded on. 1776 it was the English rule now it's for Western culture and the pursuit of freedom.

I didn't suggest anything of the kind. I was merely putting the challenge that we are facing in a realistic perspective. Take your ignorance elsewhere please. People like yourself are exactly the sort who Isis recruits. They want the lowest common denominator because they're easier to manipulate. Your simplistic and frankly stupid interpretation of my post proves that you are in fact part of the lowest common denominator.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#100 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:26 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:This is a ridiculous debate. If you believe in an all-powerful magical man in the sky, it doesn't take a huge stretch of the imagination to also believe in a holy trinity. Your religion beliefs are no more or less valid than the religious beliefs of anyone else.

Any sort of math/reason/logic is not your friend here. Why can't you just say something like "I don't share your belief of _______ but rather, I believe ________" and leave it at that?

Why? Because I like to believe in things that make sense.

The Qur'an is a book proven to be FLAWLESS!

YES that's right, flawless.

Its been challenged countless times and yet nobody has found not one single gramatical, scientific, numerical or historic error in it. It is regarded as a modern miracle in itself.

Do some research then come talk to me kid.
DENVER NUGGETS

Return to New York Knicks