ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, K-DOT, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, Thorn, King of Canada, mpharris36, mrpoetryNmotion, Deeeez Knicks

Metta World WAR
Freshman
Posts: 66
And1: 77
Joined: Jul 21, 2017
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1881 » by Metta World WAR » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 pm

User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 19,891
And1: 19,440
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1882 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Mach Hommy>>>>anyone in Griselda besides Benny.



ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG M. Fultz | Elfrid Payton
Metta World WAR
Freshman
Posts: 66
And1: 77
Joined: Jul 21, 2017
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1883 » by Metta World WAR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Mach Hommy>>>>anyone in Griselda besides Benny.





I mostly like the Statik Selektah production. Griselda is okay, but W.S.G.'s voice reminds me of Hurricane G's (older people may remember her,) and the sneering is a bit too much. They're not bad, it's just with so many low-T counts floating around Hip Hop now, they may be slightly overrated.

The instrumental from the video you linked is cool. You can hear it in the background of a movie called "Rampart" starring Woody Harrelson, during a drugged out, underground club scene. I remember a few years back wondering why no one had used it for a beat yet.
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 19,891
And1: 19,440
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1884 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Metta World WAR wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Mach Hommy>>>>anyone in Griselda besides Benny.





I mostly like the Statik Selektah production. Griselda is okay, but W.S.G.'s voice reminds me of Hurricane G's (older people may remember her,) and the sneering is a bit too much. They're not bad, it's just with so many low-T counts floating around Hip Hop now, they may be slightly overrated.

The instrumental from the video you linked is cool. You can hear it in the background of a movie called "Rampart" starring Woody Harrelson, during a drugged out, underground club scene. I remember a few years back wondering why no one had used it for a beat yet.



Yo.thanks for the Sample. I will look it up. I thought the schit was Ill.


They are slightly overrated. Gunn, is just flash with no substance. Conway has bars, but he got a little stale to me. he sounds the same to much on every song. My Young Boys this...My Shooter that. etc etc.


Benny to me is the one who actually can spit on a level I truly respect. The other two are promoted more than him, but he is better than both.
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG M. Fultz | Elfrid Payton
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 19,891
And1: 19,440
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1885 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Here is the Sample.... **** is sick...


ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG M. Fultz | Elfrid Payton
chicken wing
Analyst
Posts: 3,102
And1: 4
Joined: Jul 23, 2003
Location: Brooklyn
       

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1886 » by chicken wing » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 am

Metta World WAR wrote:




Im hype this is in here. Statik lives down the block from me in Williamsburg. I always chill with him and got to meet all these dudes. Westside got a really dope mixtape out on SoundCloud also.
Metta World WAR
Freshman
Posts: 66
And1: 77
Joined: Jul 21, 2017
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1887 » by Metta World WAR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:30 am

chicken wing wrote:
Metta World WAR wrote:




Im hype this is in here. Statik lives down the block from me in Williamsburg. I always chill with him and got to meet all these dudes. Westside got a really dope mixtape out on SoundCloud also.


That's pretty cool. I've favorited a lot of Statik Selektah's stuff on Soundcloud. Also really like the Westside Gunn song that he collaborated on with MF DOOM over the Night of the Living Dead credits music.

chicken wing
Analyst
Posts: 3,102
And1: 4
Joined: Jul 23, 2003
Location: Brooklyn
       

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1888 » by chicken wing » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:35 am

Metta World WAR wrote:
chicken wing wrote:
Metta World WAR wrote:




Im hype this is in here. Statik lives down the block from me in Williamsburg. I always chill with him and got to meet all these dudes. Westside got a really dope mixtape out on SoundCloud also.


That's pretty cool. I've favorited a lot of Statik Selektah's stuff on Soundcloud. Also really like the Westside Gunn song that he collaborated on with MF DOOM over the Night of the Living Dead credits music.




His album that’s coming out on December 8th is dope. Got some really good tracks on there .
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 25,967
And1: 17,866
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1889 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:47 pm

skkrr skrr


yo put some RESPEK on verse simmonds name. prob the most underrated rnb artist in the game.
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 19,891
And1: 19,440
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1890 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm

He still needs more seasoning on some of his songs, but prob my favorite video of the year.



ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG M. Fultz | Elfrid Payton
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 53,867
And1: 26,704
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Reality
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1891 » by Greenie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 am

3toheadmelo wrote:skkrr skrr


yo put some RESPEK on verse simmonds name. prob the most underrated rnb artist in the game.

I have both albums.
Haven’t listened yet.
BAF - Pistons
C:Vucevic|Chandler|Okafor
F:Morris|Aminu|Scott|Anigbogu
F:Thompson|Lee|
G:Richardson|Trent Jr|
G:Brogdon|Joseph|Frazier
Head Coach - Dwane Casey
IR
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 25,967
And1: 17,866
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1892 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:01 am

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:skkrr skrr


yo put some RESPEK on verse simmonds name. prob the most underrated rnb artist in the game.

I have both albums.
Haven’t listened yet.

both good
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 19,891
And1: 19,440
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1893 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Somebody call the Cops. There has been a Homicide in Harlem....



ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG M. Fultz | Elfrid Payton
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 13,964
And1: 6,983
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1894 » by Phish Tank » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:03 pm

and mase annotated his own lyrics too.... well damn

https://genius.com/13116945
CMFGB/SMFPB

Wingspandia

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Robinson/Galloway
SG: Hield/Kevin Huerter/Waiters
SF: Oubre/Snell/Brewer
PF: Randle/Robert Williams/Derrick Jones Jr
C: Willy/Dirk/Leuer

Exempt: Thomas Bryant, Edy Tavares
dmzed
Freshman
Posts: 60
And1: 27
Joined: Mar 07, 2011
         

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1895 » by dmzed » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:09 pm







Might not be as popular here as you guys seem to be in to the NYC sound but some might like.
dmzed
Freshman
Posts: 60
And1: 27
Joined: Mar 07, 2011
         

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1896 » by dmzed » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm


ferg and meek new vid
User avatar
EchelonNYK
RealGM
Posts: 20,583
And1: 6,403
Joined: Jul 14, 2004
Location: Canarsie (Reppin' 90's)
         

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1897 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:43 pm

User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,610
And1: 4,410
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1898 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:32 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Somebody call the Cops. There has been a Homicide in Harlem....





Cam smashed his own sister? Mase saying that this is well known but I've never heard this one.
Utah Jazz
Drummond x Plumlee x Zeller
Jokic x Faried x Harrell
Barnes x Ross x Luwawu-Cabarrot
Crabbe x Curry x Burks
Russell x Mills x Bayless
Image
Kinglee
Analyst
Posts: 3,010
And1: 1,176
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1899 » by Kinglee » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Mase went off lmfao
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,892
And1: 6,009
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1900 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Somebody call the Cops. There has been a Homicide in Harlem....





Cam smashed his own sister? Mase saying that this is well known but I've never heard this one.


I don't know about his sister, but I remember on Cam's first major label album about 20 years ago we got it when it dropped and were listening to it in the car, and had to rewind one part of a track a couple of times to make sure we heard correctly - he's talking about seeing his aunt with the banging body and they end up smashing because he couldn't control himself. I remember we were all like, WTF IS THIS ISHT?!

Maybe it was just telling a fictional story for a record, but it's not a good look right about now...
Image

Return to New York Knicks