ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: What book are you currently reading?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT, NoLayupRule, Capn'O, Thugger HBC

K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 14,306

Re: OT: What book are you currently reading? 

Post#521 » by K-DOT » Tue Oct 1, 2019 2:25 am

Finally got through Midnight Tides

Have to say, it was a slow start, but once it got going, around when the Sengar bros get the sword, really picked up imo

Rhulad rode the line between terrifying and hilarious at the same time I thought, that scene where
Spoiler:
the coins start popping off his dick because he's getting hard
was one of the funniest things to me, and I weirdly feel bad for him at the same time. I think Tehol and Bugg might be the most effective use of the guys who seem like they're spouting nonsense but are actually explaining everything to you but you're too stupid to understand it so far in the series

It is kind of weird how the story is written, jumping all over the place between books, but I'm still really enjoying it, might be a bit quicker with getting through Bonehunters
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Jalen Lecque
Cam Johnson/Malik Monk
Keita Bates-Diop
Darius Bazley/Juan Hernangomez
Goga Bitadze/Dwight Howard

Reserves: Pat McCaw, Isaac Bonga, Melvin Frazier, Gorgui Dieng
IR: Josh Jackson's contract (rip)
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 1,910

Post#522 » by NYKAL » Tue Oct 1, 2019 12:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Don't go getting people into Kingkiller Chronicles, only to have them frustrated by having to wait another 10 years for the least book of the series!
:D

DING DING...yup!!! I refuse to let him George RR Martin me so, I took him OFF my authors list. I'm re-reading the Big Book of Amber by Roger Zelani

I believe that's Zelazny.

I reread those about 2 years ago in entirety. What is there, 12 books? Whatever it is, it reads pretty fast. I really like those books. I think some of it is nostalgia, because I think they've been surpassed by other people, but that style of of hard boiled detective noir and high fantasy is pretty cool.

It's a series I reread every so often.

Earthsea Trilogy I reread every year for like 10 years, until I just quit a few years ago. I don't like the later books. But those first 3 are GREAT.

I have the Omnibus edition with all books combined into one. And your right, its a good read, especially years later. Right now, I'm reading The Nights Radiant
gavran
RealGM
And1: 4,507

Post#523 » by gavran » Fri Oct 4, 2019 9:08 am

Finally got to start readimg Olympus from Dan Simmons. It took me a while to remember the chartacters and storylines from Ilium.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 24,039

Post#524 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:12 pm

Finished

Nothing changes until you do
The Power of the Subconscious mind

Currently reading

Think and Grow Rich
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
RHODEY
General Manager
And1: 3,989

Post#525 » by RHODEY » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:37 pm

Return to New York Knicks