ImageImageImageImageImage

Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,346

Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#21 » by Phish Tank » Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 am

nah give me our situation here. 76ers have to basically re-teach everyone what it means to win games. **** is toxic over there
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#22 » by AmazingJason » Wed May 18, 2016 12:42 am

Philly should give Hinkie his job back. He's built a pretty good team: Hakeem, Duncan and LeBron :o
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#23 » by knickstape4ever » Wed May 18, 2016 12:44 am

sixers because they admitted they could not contend and built assets. wish the knicks would trade melo and do the same because we aint winning with him
nytonm
Pro Prospect
And1: 304

Post#24 » by nytonm » Wed May 18, 2016 12:51 am

Sixers without question. We have one guy.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#25 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:42 am

Knicks. Not even hating on them. Will always be an Okafor fan and would of been ecstatic to have him here. But we have two players I'd take over anyone they got now or will get in this draft.

Assets eventually have to turn into talent. Everyone is enamored with them till they get drafted. See CHA this year. Flipped both their 2014 picks to get actual talent. Not sure Vonleh and PJ will make it to a 2nd contract.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,432

Post#26 » by duetta » Wed May 18, 2016 2:01 am

Sixers.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#27 » by JBreezeNY » Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 am

KP>>>Okafor, injury riddled Embiid, toxic environment Philly

We Gucci.

People really keep forgetting we have one of the best frontcourts in the entire league & have a pretty exciting backcourt on our hands with Wroten & Grant.

Plug in a few pieces, take out Jose, Afflalo, Seraphin & we are fine.

Stocking up "assets" don't mean sh*t if players don't want to go there.
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,024

Post#28 » by The Infamous1 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:04 am

I've wanted a sixers style tear down since the end of the 2014 season
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,806

Post#29 » by spree8 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:12 am

dakomish23 wrote:Knicks. Not even hating on them. Will always be an Okafor fan and would of been ecstatic to have him here. But we have two players I'd take over anyone they got now or will get in this draft.

Assets eventually have to turn into talent. Never home is enamored with them till they get drafted. See CHA this year. Flipped both their 2014 picks to get actual talent. Not sure Vonleh and PJ will make it to a 2nd contract.

You'd rather have Melo than Simmons or Ingram??????
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#30 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 18, 2016 2:14 am

tough call. only reason why i am hesitant to say sixers is that their "plan" never seems to be in "go" mode. they have to play to win. they have to attract free agents. or they have to trade for veterans who would not be completely devastated by playing there.

that's an uphill battle.

knicks seem to have a focus on winning in the near future. sixers seem to "build" just for its own sake.

all that said, i really like brett brown as a coach. but he needs some help within the team. boys can't raise boys.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 18, 2016 2:15 am

76'ers all day, every day.

Believing the Knicks are in a better place, that they somehow respected the process, or that a team needs to win to create a culture, is believing in the BS the league would like you to believe so you can continue to buy into the busted system they have set up, where it's nearly impossible to complete for a championship and attempting to rebuild takes years, if you get everything right, and even then you can't really compete in 90% of the the time. Baseball has it right with unlimited FA; conversely, football has it right with a very hard cap that screws most players but leads to major player movement and teams actually competing within a few years after sucking/rebuilding.

Then there is the NBA where, oh, draft picks! and a few players of any worth changing hands each year. But Entertainment! Dunks!

There is no solid logical reason NOT to tank like the 76'ers did, as long as you cut it off after X amount of years, probably like 5 of them. Who cares if the team sucks? Lot's of teams suck without getting anything of real value. People don't like it as it seems against the spirit of good sportsmanship and competition, but when the system is as broken as it is, why not be drastic while being logical?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#32 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 18, 2016 2:16 am

spree8 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Knicks. Not even hating on them. Will always be an Okafor fan and would of been ecstatic to have him here. But we have two players I'd take over anyone they got now or will get in this draft.

Assets eventually have to turn into talent. Never home is enamored with them till they get drafted. See CHA this year. Flipped both their 2014 picks to get actual talent. Not sure Vonleh and PJ will make it to a 2nd contract.

i don't know how responsible it is to say you'd rather simmons or ingram now. just because they are projected to be #1 and #2. evan turner was a #2. derrick williams was a #2. hasheem thabeet was a #2.

at least with melo there is a window to win now if you get the right pieces to join now. simmons and ingram are lottery tickets. no pun intended.

never a guarantee that your picks save you.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#33 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 am

thebuzzardman wrote:76'ers all day, every day.

Believing the Knicks are in a better place, that they somehow respected the process, or that a team needs to win to create a culture, is believing in the BS the league would like you to believe so you can continue to buy into the busted system they have set up, where it's nearly impossible to complete for a championship and attempting to rebuild takes years, if you get everything right, and even then you can't really compete in 90% of the the time. Baseball has it right with unlimited FA; conversely, football has it right with a very hard cap that screws most players but leads to major player movement and teams actually competing within a few years after sucking/rebuilding.

Then there is the NBA where, oh, draft picks! and a few players of any worth changing hands each year. But Entertainment! Dunks!

There is no solid logical reason NOT to tank like the 76'ers did, as long as you cut it off after X amount of years, probably like 5 of them. Who cares if the team sucks? Lot's of teams suck without getting anything of real value. People don't like it as it seems against the spirit of good sportsmanship and competition, but when the system is as broken as it is, why not be drastic while being logical?

what's the sixers' out? who signs with them? how do you raise that talent into something tangible? they've drafted young talent for years now... and failed to develop.

not saying i am adamant that the knicks are in a better positions. but it's not bull to think that you actually have to "win now" at some point to aim your team out of the gutter. either that or "tank" until you magically get that lebron-type generational talent... which hasn't happened to the sixers yet. it's been a decade.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,806

Post#34 » by spree8 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 am

Ron Mexico wrote:
spree8 wrote:

i don't know how responsible it is to say you'd rather simmons or ingram now. just because they are projected to be #1 and #2. evan turner was a #2. derrick williams was a #2. hasheem thabeet was a #2.

at least with melo there is a window to win now if you get the right pieces to join now. simmons and ingram are lottery tickets. no pun intended.

I understand what you're saying, but you'd have to know that you're in the minority with that line of thinking right?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#35 » by Manhattan Project » Wed May 18, 2016 2:21 am

Which Colangelo is showing up in Philly? They have a ton of assets to play around with, but their roster has some serious flaws. The Knicks are in better position to win now, but in the long run the future looks brighter for Philly.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#36 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 18, 2016 2:24 am

spree8 wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:
spree8 wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but you'd have to know that you're in the minority with that line of thinking right?

okay. maybe. i can't say.

i'm taking the bird in the hand.

it'd be one thing if we were talking about a young guy who had proven himself in the league to some extent. i can't jump out the window for someone who hasn't laced up in even summer league.

there is a looooong list of "impact players" whose impact was counted before the careers started. are draft picks assets before the draft? definitely. but now we're putting the value on the kids themselves. that period between the draft and the season is that zero gravity zone where nothing matters anymore. melo is a proven all-star. simmons and ingram are ideas. we revisit this at the end of the season after we see them ball... then i may take you up on it.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#37 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 18, 2016 2:26 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Which Colangelo is showing up in Philly? They have a ton of assets to play around with, but their roster has some serious flaws. The Knicks are in better position to win now, but in the long run the future looks brighter for Philly.

if management can convince veterans that there is a future in philly, then they are definitely in better shape than us. i love their talent.

i would just love some of that talent much more if they had more to lean on than each other's potential right now.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#38 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed May 18, 2016 2:26 am

Sixers are all potential right now. We don't even know if Embiid can stay healthy or if Saric is actually good or not. I'm not impressed by Okafor or Noel. All they show me is that they're young and might be good. They have too many question marks. I also don't respect teams that blatantly tank and then get rewarded with the first overall pick. Must be nice.

Reverse the situation and it would be such a circus here if the Knicks are coming off season after season of tanking on purpose.
I'd still rather be New York. I'm committed to Kristaps and developing a winning culture instead of waiting for one. We tried last year, we just weren't good enough. We didn't lose on purpose, we just had bad direction (i.e., coaching).
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,973

Post#39 » by DaGawd » Wed May 18, 2016 2:29 am

JBreezeNY wrote:KP>>>Okafor, injury riddled Embiid, toxic environment Philly

We Gucci.

People really keep forgetting we have one of the best frontcourts in the entire league & have a pretty exciting backcourt on our hands with Wroten & Grant.

Plug in a few pieces, take out Jose, Afflalo, Seraphin & we are fine.

Stocking up "assets" don't mean sh*t if players don't want to go there.

Can you seriously see a title or even serious title contention for us in the near future with Melo? Its gonna take a ton of luck honestly imo.
BaF
Washington Wizards
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#40 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:29 am

spree8 wrote:

Assets eventually have to turn into talent. Everyone is enamored with them till they get drafted. See CHA this year. Flipped both their 2014 picks to get actual talent. Not sure Vonleh and PJ will make it to a 2nd contract.

I'd be excited for either. But I'll stick with the proven all star who's still in his prime. I'm more excited if we could tank next year and add to this young core around Melo
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks