ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
Head Coach
Posts: 6,680
And1: 3,924
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5641 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Good for Chapman, he needed that type of save. His control wasnt there but he dug down deep and got the save.

Good to win another series. We could essentially lock up the top wildcard spot with a strong 7 games in the next week. 6-1 while sweeping the Twins could do it.

On a side note, the Indians are amazing. Almost glad to say I saw one of those 21 consecutive W's in person :lol:
Steph Curry: King of Akron.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,137
And1: 8,096
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5642 » by magnumt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Read on Twitter


Why not voice it in private to the coaching staff. Why go public with it? :-?

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Ish Smith / Raymond Felton
Gordon Hayward / Derrick Rose / Sterling Brown
Ersan Ilyasova / Doug McDermott / Sean Kilpatrick
Dirk Nowitzki / Channing Frye / Matt Barnes
Dwight Howard / Greg Monroe / Timofey Mozgov
blue and orange
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,663
And1: 146
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5643 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:56 am

magnumt wrote:
Read on Twitter


Why not voice it in private to the coaching staff. Why go public with it? :-?

--Mags :beer:


Give Joe a reason to trust you then, stop being wild and out of control all the time and maybe you won't be pulled. We can't mess around at this point in the season get the job done if you dont you will get pulled. Just shut up and get yourself together.
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 11,838
And1: 4,983
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5644 » by Phish Tank » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:12 am

Nice win against Baltimore tonight. We've had their number most of the year. Judge has 11 HRs against the Orioles alone this year.
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: DeAaron Fox/Jeremy Lin/Langston Galloway
SG: Dion Waiters/Wesley Matthews/Malcolm Delaney
SF: Ill Will/Snell/Derrick Jones
PF: Julius Randle/Ivan Rabb/Thomas Bryant
C: Nikola Vucevic/Willy Hernangomez/Edy Tavares
User avatar
poeman
General Manager
Posts: 9,126
And1: 6,297
Joined: May 21, 2008
         

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5645 » by poeman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am

I was there...game was over before i sat down
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 16,782
And1: 9,440
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5646 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Is it me, or does Judge hit a lot of HR's and drive in runs once the Yanks are up 4 or 5 or more?
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 89,777
And1: 15,995
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5647 » by moocow007 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Is it me, or does Judge hit a lot of HR's and drive in runs once the Yanks are up 4 or 5 or more?


No. It's not just you. Have been noticing this for quite some time. It does seem like a great deal of his homers occur when the Yankees are up. It could be a sign that once the Yankees get a big lead that opposing pitchers are flustered and don't pitch him as well and/or as carefully. Judge is right now definitely a mistake hitter. If you make a mistake he will murder the ball. If you stick to the game plan his power can probably be mitigated which is probably why he doesn't seem to hit his homers early in games or without a lead.
BAF 1.0 - Celtics
1.James Harden|Lance Stephenson|DJ Augustin
2.Tony Allen|Alec Burks
3.Stanley Johnson|Dante Cunningham
4.Blake Griffin|Quincy Acy|Tony Bradley
5.Andre Drummond|Cristiano Felicio|Andrew Bogut
x.Ike Anigbogu,Jordan Crawford
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5648 » by K P 6 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Betances still mad. Oh well. Need consistent yankee bats. Home cooking time. That last Baltimore game when Betances gave up the home run still haunting us.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
levendis
Pro Prospect
Posts: 983
And1: 527
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5649 » by levendis » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:07 pm

moocow007 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Is it me, or does Judge hit a lot of HR's and drive in runs once the Yanks are up 4 or 5 or more?


No. It's not just you. Have been noticing this for quite some time. It does seem like a great deal of his homers occur when the Yankees are up. It could be a sign that once the Yankees get a big lead that opposing pitchers are flustered and don't pitch him as well and/or as carefully. Judge is right now definitely a mistake hitter. If you make a mistake he will murder the ball. If you stick to the game plan his power can probably be mitigated which is probably why he doesn't seem to hit his homers early in games or without a lead.


https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=judgeaa01&year=2017&t=b#clutc::none

Yes he's godly in 4+ run games with a 270 OPS+!! But still if you look at closer margin games like 1 run, 2 run games, its still high 130s. Tie games are 108 which is above average, but yeah you expect better from him. His average isn't great so it seems bad, but he does produce in those spots due to his ability to draw walks and power.

Every player in baseball is a mistake hitter. Sure some of the elite ones hit good pitches, but its mostly hits off mistakes. The great hitters take advantage of it constantly, others don't. Biggest difference I saw in judge during his slump is not capitalizing on meatballs he used to be getting in the 1st half.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,344
And1: 5,374
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5650 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm

moocow007 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Is it me, or does Judge hit a lot of HR's and drive in runs once the Yanks are up 4 or 5 or more?


No. It's not just you. Have been noticing this for quite some time. It does seem like a great deal of his homers occur when the Yankees are up. It could be a sign that once the Yankees get a big lead that opposing pitchers are flustered and don't pitch him as well and/or as carefully. Judge is right now definitely a mistake hitter. If you make a mistake he will murder the ball. If you stick to the game plan his power can probably be mitigated which is probably why he doesn't seem to hit his homers early in games or without a lead.


It definitely does seem that way but looking at the actual situational stats might show something else. I don't have those though...
A new era or error?
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Veteran
Posts: 2,951
And1: 1,741
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5651 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:52 pm

The difference I see in Judge from early season to the slump was the pitching. It appeared to me they were trying to beat him inside a lot more and he was catching them out there. Mistakes are usually out over the plate then and he was crushing those. It seemed like after a while...low and away and high heat were all he would see and he wasn't making the adjustments. Mistakes were out of the zone. He was still walking a lot but the strikeouts went up and the long ball almost disappeared comparatively. He wasn't seeing the ball the same.
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 89,777
And1: 15,995
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5652 » by moocow007 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:The difference I see in Judge from early season to the slump was the pitching. It appeared to me they were trying to beat him inside a lot more and he was catching them out there. Mistakes are usually out over the plate then and he was crushing those. It seemed like after a while...low and away and high heat were all he would see and he wasn't making the adjustments. Mistakes were out of the zone. He was still walking a lot but the strikeouts went up and the long ball almost disappeared comparatively. He wasn't seeing the ball the same.


There was an article that I glanced at that said he might gave a slight injury or have something bothering him? Something about either during or shortly after the All Star game. Not sure if that's true.
BAF 1.0 - Celtics
1.James Harden|Lance Stephenson|DJ Augustin
2.Tony Allen|Alec Burks
3.Stanley Johnson|Dante Cunningham
4.Blake Griffin|Quincy Acy|Tony Bradley
5.Andre Drummond|Cristiano Felicio|Andrew Bogut
x.Ike Anigbogu,Jordan Crawford
User avatar
BadNewsBarnes
Starter
Posts: 2,340
And1: 813
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5653 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 pm

moocow007 wrote:There was an article that I glanced at that said he might gave a slight injury or have something bothering him? Something about either during or shortly after the All Star game. Not sure if that's true.


Right shoulder, not much info on that outside of getting it iced every day and yes it has affected his swing...
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Veteran
Posts: 2,951
And1: 1,741
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5654 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:The difference I see in Judge from early season to the slump was the pitching. It appeared to me they were trying to beat him inside a lot more and he was catching them out there. Mistakes are usually out over the plate then and he was crushing those. It seemed like after a while...low and away and high heat were all he would see and he wasn't making the adjustments. Mistakes were out of the zone. He was still walking a lot but the strikeouts went up and the long ball almost disappeared comparatively. He wasn't seeing the ball the same.


There was an article that I glanced at that said he might gave a slight injury or have something bothering him? Something about either during or shortly after the All Star game. Not sure if that's true.


His shoulder I believe. I was going to mention that as well I just forgot. That stupid HR derby happened right after he started to slump too. Could all be related.

I'm not worried about him. He was legendary as a rookie this year. He was leading in pretty much every hitting category going into the break. He was hitting over .330 with all of that power. OBP was .450 or so. He came back to earth for whatever reason. I doubt he's going to be a .350 hitter but, I also doubt he's going to be a .230 hitter as well.

Going to a lot of fun watching all of our young studs grow up together.
blue and orange
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,663
And1: 146
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5655 » by blue and orange » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 am

Good decision Severino I'm sure could go 9 here but at 95 pitches might as well put in DROB, he hasn't pitched in 3 days. Its risky putting in one of the young kids because with the O's pop in their lineup it can turn into a save situation within the blink of an eye, can't give the O's any hope at all.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,344
And1: 5,374
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5656 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:55 am

Severino killing it
A new era or error?
blue and orange
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,663
And1: 146
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5657 » by blue and orange » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:12 am

Im not counting on TB closing this out 5-2 to start the inning now its 5-3 with a runner on 2nd with no outs eff them and eff everyone else oh well can only win the games in front of you.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 23,626
And1: 7,268
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: OG Member of Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5658 » by Mecca » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:40 am

My ACE
BBB Flygods:
1 | Lonzo Ball(19) | Jawun Evans(21) | Bayless
2 | CJ McCollum(25) | Alex Abrines(24)
3 | Damyean Dotson(23) | Caris LeVert(23)| Malachi(21)
4 | Ben Simmons(21) | Trey Lyles(21)
5 | Dewayne Dedmon(27) | Brandan Wright(28) |Jones(22)
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 16,782
And1: 9,440
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5659 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:10 am

Mecca wrote:My ACE


Oh yeah!
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Veteran
Posts: 2,951
And1: 1,741
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5660 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 am

Watching Red Sux leave the bases loaded in the 11th was nice. Come on TB...WALK OFF DAMMIT!

Return to New York Knicks