ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2021 » by Mecca » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:47 pm

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
He hasn't played a game in AAA, I don't understand the need to rush him. Torreyes will fill in fine. Can call up Refsnyder and have him play 2B with Castro at SS at times too if need be.

AA and AAA are inter changeable.

Yeah most definitely no. AA to the big leagues is a huge jump.

Yeah most definitely you don't really no what you're talking about. The big jump is A to AA. AA and AAA are interchangeable really. Prospects skip AAA literally all the time.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2022 » by levendis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
AA and AAA are inter changeable.

Yeah most definitely you don't really no what you're talking about. The big jump is A to AA. AA and AAA are interchangeable really. Prospects skip AAA literally all the time.

Really? Please start listing me all these players that have skipped AA. No it's not as big of a jump as from A to AA, but it's still a jump, and definitely not interchangeable. The most advanced players usually spend at least half a season before getting called up. Once again, only elite prospects get to skip it all together. Wade is far from that.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2023 » by Mecca » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 pm

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:

Really? Please start listing me all these players that have skipped AA. No it's not as big of a jump as from A to AA, but it's still a jump, and definitely not interchangeable. The most advanced players usually spend at least half a season before getting called up. Once again, only elite prospects get to skip it all together. Wade is far from that.

The difference in talent pool from AA to AAA is rather minor.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-double-a-jump-2/
Brooklyn Nets
BringBackLj!
Analyst
And1: 93

Post#2024 » by BringBackLj! » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 am

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:

Marlins Closer skipped AAA just last year, he had a ton saves he also pitched in the WBC
"You Know me dog i just wanna keep the peace, stop saying my name thats only gon lead to beef"
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#2025 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 am

BadNewsBarnes wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I see the Yanks linked to every scrub journeyman SS in MLB when Didi went down. Don't writers realize the Yankees have like 4 guys who could step in and play SS and that doesn't even include Torres or Mateo?

They are not bringing up Torres...

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2017/03/why_yankees_were_smart_to_send_down_gleyber_torres.html

"Putting Torres on the Opening Day roster starts his free agency clock a year earlier than the Yankees would like. Who wouldn't want an extra year of control over a supremely talented prospect, one MLB.com ranked No. 3 in the game before the season? If the Yankees only need a six-week band-aid to get over the loss of Gregorius, it's not worth bringing him up to just send him back down."

They have Wade, they could shift Castro, they could use Torreyes - that's 3 off the top of my head. I realize they aren't bringing up Torres or Mateo - I said "that doesn't even include Torres or Mateo".

Point is, Yankees have 3 guys, at least, they could slot in at SS, yet I still see articles linking them to scrub shortstops on other teams.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2026 » by Mecca » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:26 am

Anybody here play fantasy baseball? I got a draft Saturday and don't know what type of strategy to take.5x5 H2h
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2027 » by levendis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:31 am

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Hey I get that. I understand AA is where prospects go to die and its a huge jump. But saying players don't need AAA is a bit much, especially for a guy like Wade. If organizations felt that way players skipping AAA would be happening more, but we don't see it.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2028 » by levendis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:33 am

BringBackLj! wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Marlins Closer skipped AAA just last year, he had a ton saves he also pitched in the WBC

sure, most pure relievers usually get fast tracked because they don't really need much development when they're throwing 2 pitches.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2029 » by Mecca » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:34 am

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:

Hey I get that. I understand AA is where prospects go to die and its a huge jump. But saying players don't need AAA is a bit much, especially for a guy like Wade. If organizations felt that way players skipping AAA would be happening more, but we don't see it.

It happens a good amount. Teams use AAA to throw some polish on a player. The jump in terms of talent is minimal.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2030 » by levendis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 am

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

It happens a good amount. Teams use AAA to throw some polish on a player. The jump in terms of talent is minimal.

yeah I get it, you got mostly journeymen and org guys in AAA. It depends on the organization I guess. Can't remember the last time the Yankees did it. It was Melky I think?
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2031 » by Mecca » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:46 am

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:

yeah I get it, you got mostly journeymen and org guys in AAA. It depends on the organization I guess. Can't remember the last time the Yankees did it. It was Melky I think?

Yeah, and Melky was really never a stud prospect. I used to watch him with the Staten Island Yankees when I was younger. Yankees also don't handle prospects well, but that's a whole different discussion.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2032 » by levendis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:52 am

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yeah, and Melky was really never a stud prospect. I used to watch him with the Staten Island Yankees when I was younger. Yankees also don't handle prospects well, but that's a whole different discussion.

Yeah for sure, but since Denbo took over the player development has seemed to got much better. Last year was a pretty great year for the system overall, even before the trades. I'm interested to find out what they're doing to get guys to get spikes in their velocity. Seems to be happening throughout the system.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2033 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:26 pm

I think Torres hasn't played a whole season in AA yet though.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#2034 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Yeah I went back and checked, Torres finished in high A. So you gotta give him at least a year in AA. It's not unheard of for a guy killing it in AA to be brought up right away though. But I don't see the need to rush.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#2035 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm

There isn't a huge difference between AA and AAA. It's mostly for shuffling players honestly.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2036 » by Mecca » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:59 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Yeah I went back and checked, Torres finished in high A. So you gotta give him at least a year in AA. It's not unheard of for a guy killing it in AA to be brought up right away though. But I don't see the need to rush.

Perfect scenario, we can get him up in June to man 3B and get rid of Headley. Still think Torres is a future 3B with him frame.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2037 » by levendis » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Mecca wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Yeah I went back and checked, Torres finished in high A. So you gotta give him at least a year in AA. It's not unheard of for a guy killing it in AA to be brought up right away though. But I don't see the need to rush.

Perfect scenario, we can get him up in June to man 3B and get rid of Headley. Still think Torres is a future 3B with him frame.

I'd rather keep Torres in the middle of the infield for however long possible to maximize his value. Yeah he probably ends up a 3B but no reason to move him now. Regardless, I have hard time seeing Torres getting called up this year, at best I can see a September call up.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2038 » by Mecca » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:34 pm

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I'd rather keep Torres in the middle of the infield for however long possible to maximize his value. Yeah he probably ends up a 3B but no reason to move him now. Regardless, I have hard time seeing Torres getting called up this year, at best I can see a September call up.

Didi is not giving his job up at SS. I see Castro outlasting Headley, thus 3B would be the spot for him. Bregman has been fine making the transition.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2039 » by levendis » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Didi is not giving his job up at SS. I see Castro outlasting Headley, thus 3B would be the spot for him. Bregman has been fine making the transition.

I'm talking about Castro. Headley is on a shorter deal (that conveniently expires when Machado hits free agency) and is more valuable at 3B. Castro is probably able to fetch more too. Bregman has Altuve and Correa blocking him so the Astros don't really have a choice.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2040 » by Mecca » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm still upset we wasted Eduardo Nunez. He was one of my favorite Yankees for years, and I was begging us to move him to 2nd or 3rd, and now the dude is coming off being an All-Star, and a legit 20/40 threat.
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks