ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2201 » by levendis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:21 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Mecca wrote:
K P 6 wrote:I just want Birdy and Chez to come back and be on track like he is right now.

Man I'm in 2 $300 fantasy leagues and invested in Gary in both. I'm so upset right now. I still see Miggy Cabrera in his game. I personally don't want him catching the next decade. I want that bat in the lineup every day at 3B if he could.

1b maybe, he's way too big for 3b and not fluid enough. I guess if you don't give a ish about D you can move him there.

we already forgetting about Bird? I'd let Sanchez catch for now, but yeah eventually he'll have to move. Bird's defense isn't all that great, maybe he'd be better there.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#2202 » by Knickfan1982 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:32 pm

OMG. If you guys haven't been to Yankee stadium they have some really good new food options there. During my lunch break I had bought a Smores Bread Pudding from Mighty Quinns by section 133. OMG!!!!!
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#2203 » by Mecca » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:OMG. If you guys haven't been to Yankee stadium they have some really good new food options there. During my lunch break I had bought a Smores Bread Pudding from Mighty Quinns by section 133. OMG!!!!!

Do they have anything healthy yet? That fried trash is gross.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#2204 » by Knickfan1982 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:OMG. If you guys haven't been to Yankee stadium they have some really good new food options there. During my lunch break I had bought a Smores Bread Pudding from Mighty Quinns by section 133. OMG!!!!!

Do they have anything healthy yet? That fried trash is gross.

They have plenty of healthy options if that is what you're looking for. Off the top of my head they have:

Melissa's Farmers Market at Section 121 has fruits and salads I believe.
Bareburger: Has the Guadalupe (vegan) burger @ section 133
Toyota Terrace has Vegetarian Baos
There is the Noodle place, sushi place and a Hale and Hearty Soups location in the Food court at 127.

Other options are available but I won't learn them all for a while. In beginning I am only going to remember the unhealthy stuff which tastes so good.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2205 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Mighty Quinns is not fried, it's delicious brisket but it definitely ain't the healthiest option. Reason why I am saying it, I am a man in my 40s and I am getting to that point where my friends and I do more discussion on cholesterol than we do on players' stats! :lol:

So I DO appreciate the healthy options at new Yankee stadium. Going to the game on Sat.

But tonight, Severino is back on the mound. Yanks need this young man to get going. Also Greg Bird is back.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2206 » by Mecca » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Mighty Quinns is not fried, it's delicious brisket but it definitely ain't the healthiest option. Reason why I am saying it, I am a man in my 40s and I am getting to that point where my friends and I do more discussion on cholesterol than we do on players' stats! :lol:

So I DO appreciate the healthy options at new Yankee stadium. Going to the game on Sat.

But tonight, Severino is back on the mound. Yanks need this young man to get going. Also Greg Bird is back.

I'm going to keep putting my name on Severino becoming a legit starter in this league. If that 3rd pitch is being used he's a really good piece.
Brooklyn Nets
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2207 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Yanks will have to PRAY that Severino turns into a legit starting pitcher because James Kaprielian (age 23) is undergoing Tommy John surgery.

Cashman and co were hoping he could pitch in the second half, LAST season but they had to shut him down due to arm problems. This was the guy that Cashman was hoping, develop into a front line starter. Now, every thing is suspect because he won't be ready for another year and a half IF all goes well.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2208 » by Mecca » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Yanks will have to PRAY that Severino turns into a legit starting pitcher because James Kaprielian (age 23) is undergoing Tommy John surgery.

Cashman and co were hoping he could pitch in the second half, LAST season but they had to shut him down due to arm problems. This was the guy that Cashman was hoping, develop into a front line starter. Now, every thing is suspect because he won't be ready for another year and a half IF all goes well.

Kap got Wheelered. We won't see him in the big leagues for another 3 years.

Severino is really our only hope, but I love his potential tbh
Brooklyn Nets
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#2209 » by moocow007 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Maybe the Yanks should go with high upside athletic live arms instead of proven near ready for the big leagues pitching prospects for a little while?
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2210 » by Mecca » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:17 am

Stop doubting Severino!
Brooklyn Nets
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#2211 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:09 am

Thats some good baseball to sweep the Rays.

Severino 7 IP, 2 ER, 11 K's! Impressive stuff.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2212 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 am

Tight!
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#2213 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Mighty Quinns is not fried, it's delicious brisket but it definitely ain't the healthiest option. Reason why I am saying it, I am a man in my 40s and I am getting to that point where my friends and I do more discussion on cholesterol than we do on players' stats! :lol:

I love their Smores Bread pudding. And their Burnt End Sandwich is damned good as well.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2214 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Pretty promising start from Sevy if he can build on it. This kid has great stuff.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2215 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:57 am

Tanaka settles down and gets his first win. Yanks 6-4?!?!?
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#2216 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Quietly, the Yanks have put together a 5 game winning streak....
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2217 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:14 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Quietly, the Yanks have put together a 5 game winning streak....

Starlin Castro has been a different player since last Summer. I'd like to see his splits since June of last year. I really think he's back to what he was as a neophyte with a little more pop now. Even if his OBP isn't great, he can be a guy that gets 190 hits this year.
Brooklyn Nets
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#2218 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:19 pm

CC pitching really good to start the year

Greg bird has been terrible
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#2219 » by Phish Tank » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Mecca wrote:
BadNewsBarnes wrote:Quietly, the Yanks have put together a 5 game winning streak....

Starlin Castro has been a different player since last Summer. I'd like to see his splits since June of last year. I really think he's back to what he was as a neophyte with a little more pop now. Even if his OBP isn't great, he can be a guy that gets 190 hits this year.

still amazes me that we got him for nothing. Really nothing. Adam Warren (who's back with us) and Brendan Ryan.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#2220 » by Phish Tank » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 pm

isiah_thomas wrote:CC pitching really good to start the year

Greg bird has been terrible

CC's reinvented himself over the last season or two. He could still pitch another year or two, if he really wanted to.

Return to New York Knicks