ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4941 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:58 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Montgomery vs Sale match up will be fascinating.


Sale is tough if you don't get to him early.


Yeah, the Yanks mostly got to the pen. Tanaka outdueled him. In the last match up, the pen gave Gardner a walk off.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4942 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Dammit. Tanaka was placed on the DL. Apparently, he had shoulder inflammation but fortunately no structural damage. That really sucks.
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
Head Coach
Posts: 6,380
And1: 3,566
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4943 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:35 pm

91 MPH Slider for Severino.

So glad this kid bounced back from a rough season last year. Never lost faith in him to get back on track. You can see how good he can be when he came up as a rookie and quickly became one of our best pitchers.
The NBA is a Sawft league.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 5,609
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4944 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:37 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:91 MPH Slider for Severino.

So glad this kid bounced back from a rough season last year. Never lost faith in him to get back on track. You can see how good he can be when he came up as a rookie and quickly became one of our best pitchers.


I agree bro. I been with you. I'm a Severino truther since day 1. Talking heads like Francesa and Kay were trying to call Severino a relief pitcher and it made me irate. He has absolutely killer stuff and demeanor on the mound. Definitely one of my favorite Yankees and I'm happy we didn't botch the kid's success.
Build-a-Team 18.0 CHAMPION Co-GM: Jose7
PG: CP3 | Dejounte | Terry
SG: Book | TJ | Wes Johnson
SF: Iggy | Winslow | Justin Anderson
PF: James Johnson | Juancho | Lavoy
C: D12 | Tarik Black | Mejri
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 5,609
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4945 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:41 pm

We been here.

Image
Build-a-Team 18.0 CHAMPION Co-GM: Jose7
PG: CP3 | Dejounte | Terry
SG: Book | TJ | Wes Johnson
SF: Iggy | Winslow | Justin Anderson
PF: James Johnson | Juancho | Lavoy
C: D12 | Tarik Black | Mejri
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4946 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Defensive stud, Odd-Todd Frazier bobbles a ball, leading to a bases loaded....Betts gets a single off Severino and just like THAT, it's tied 2-2.
GIMME_DATT
Rookie
Posts: 1,172
And1: 565
Joined: Apr 16, 2014

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4947 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Really frazier
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 5,609
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4948 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm

****ing Frazier bobbled a double play ball. I hate Frazier.
Build-a-Team 18.0 CHAMPION Co-GM: Jose7
PG: CP3 | Dejounte | Terry
SG: Book | TJ | Wes Johnson
SF: Iggy | Winslow | Justin Anderson
PF: James Johnson | Juancho | Lavoy
C: D12 | Tarik Black | Mejri
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4949 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Severino got lit up 5-2 Sawx.
GIMME_DATT
Rookie
Posts: 1,172
And1: 565
Joined: Apr 16, 2014

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4950 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Jeez **** u frazier
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4951 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Two more men on base...Not a Happy Severino day.
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
Head Coach
Posts: 6,380
And1: 3,566
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4952 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Damn I jinxed the hell out of Severino.

I mean Frazier did bobble the easy double play, but at the end of the day Severino put himself in that position with the 2 walks to the bottom of the order. And then gives up the HR.

I wont praise any of our players for the rest of the season during the middle of the game :lol:
The NBA is a Sawft league.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 5,609
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4953 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Two more men on base...Not a Happy Severino day.


I've watched your post for a year+ now. You have an obscure bias against Severino and won't ever give him credit.
Build-a-Team 18.0 CHAMPION Co-GM: Jose7
PG: CP3 | Dejounte | Terry
SG: Book | TJ | Wes Johnson
SF: Iggy | Winslow | Justin Anderson
PF: James Johnson | Juancho | Lavoy
C: D12 | Tarik Black | Mejri
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4954 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Good news, it's early in the game. Yanks can rally from this.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4955 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Mecca wrote:
I've watched your post for a year+ now. You have an obscure bias against Severino and won't ever give him credit.


Including this one posted less than a week ago?

Dr. Detfink wrote:A great 2 hitter for Severino and the pen. Indians struck first in every game but the Yankees were able to rally 2 and split the series. Small but very important strategic move, putting Jacobi Ellsbury #7 in the order. He still takes pitches. He is no longer #2 batter but he's serviceable in other ways. See, it's the bottom of the order which makes the difference in these kind of games. That's why balancing out the lineup is so important.


If you want, I can dig up more (and waste my time before I punch into work tonight) but I'm BETTING I've said more positive things about Severino than you have about Tanaka, a pitcher who has at least 3 prior years of solid pitching under his belt vs a pitcher who is having his FIRST good season and will finish possibly with 12-14 wins.

*drops mic*
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 5,609
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4956 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote:
I've watched your post for a year+ now. You have an obscure bias against Severino and won't ever give him credit.


Including this one posted less than a week ago?

Dr. Detfink wrote:A great 2 hitter for Severino and the pen. Indians struck first in every game but the Yankees were able to rally 2 and split the series. Small but very important strategic move, putting Jacobi Ellsbury #7 in the order. He still takes pitches. He is no longer #2 batter but he's serviceable in other ways. See, it's the bottom of the order which makes the difference in these kind of games. That's why balancing out the lineup is so important.


If you want, I can dig up more (and waste my time before I punch into work tonight) but I'm BETTING I've said more positive things about Severino than you have about Tanaka, a pitcher who has at least 3 prior years of solid pitching under his belt vs a pitcher who has had his FIRST good season and will finish possibly with 12-14 wins.



What is so good about saying that? Last year you straight up said you gave up on Severino. This year you still said you don't trust him or perceive him as an ace.

He's getting rocked right now so I have to remain quiet for a few days.
Build-a-Team 18.0 CHAMPION Co-GM: Jose7
PG: CP3 | Dejounte | Terry
SG: Book | TJ | Wes Johnson
SF: Iggy | Winslow | Justin Anderson
PF: James Johnson | Juancho | Lavoy
C: D12 | Tarik Black | Mejri
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,285
And1: 2,988
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4957 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Mecca wrote:
What is so good about saying that? Last year you straight up said you gave up on Severino. This year you still said you don't trust him or perceive him as an ace.

He's getting rocked right now so I have to remain quiet for a few days.


Last year Severino was 3-8 with a ERA 5.83. Obviously ace material right?

Let's WAIT...Let's wait on these guys before giving them "ACE" status.

Geezus.
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 11,007
And1: 4,281
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4958 » by Phish Tank » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Benintendi hasn't slumped yet so far in his career. Not sure why Judge hasn't figured it out yet


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Clyde Frazier: "But AC (Green) didn't believe in fornicating, Mike"
CMFGB
SMFPB

Knicks Twitter who blocked me:
Stefan Bondy, netw3rk
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 5,609
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4959 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote:
What is so good about saying that? Last year you straight up said you gave up on Severino. This year you still said you don't trust him or perceive him as an ace.

He's getting rocked right now so I have to remain quiet for a few days.


Last year Severino was 3-8 with a ERA 5.83. Obviously ace material right?

Let's WAIT...Let's wait on these guys before giving them "ACE" status.

Geezus.


Severino will get cy young votes this year. If we have to go to a WC game, I'm still trotting Sevy out.
Build-a-Team 18.0 CHAMPION Co-GM: Jose7
PG: CP3 | Dejounte | Terry
SG: Book | TJ | Wes Johnson
SF: Iggy | Winslow | Justin Anderson
PF: James Johnson | Juancho | Lavoy
C: D12 | Tarik Black | Mejri
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 5,609
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#4960 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Phish Tank wrote:Benintendi hasn't slumped yet so far in his career. Not sure why Judge hasn't figured it out yet


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


Disagree. Last month Benintendi was in a huge slump. Couldn't hit anything. Was actually cut in my fantasy league. Kinda mad I left him on the waiver.
Build-a-Team 18.0 CHAMPION Co-GM: Jose7
PG: CP3 | Dejounte | Terry
SG: Book | TJ | Wes Johnson
SF: Iggy | Winslow | Justin Anderson
PF: James Johnson | Juancho | Lavoy
C: D12 | Tarik Black | Mejri

Return to New York Knicks