ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5141 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 am

Pitching chpman is a fireable offense right now
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,012

Post#5142 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:12 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Thank you Chappie...

Starting to wonder and worry if Girardi will be the fall guy in this off season.

At this point its a blessing, it is what it is this team just doesn't have it, I'm ready for football season.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#5143 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:13 am

Starting to wonder and worry if Girardi will be the fall guy in this off season.

No. They're still a wildcard team. Girardi is a top flight manager that consistently gets the most out of young players.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#5144 » by Mecca » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:14 am

GIMME_DATT wrote:Pitching chpman is a fireable offense right now

Had no choice. Couldn't throw Robertson or Betances. No other option left in pen.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#5145 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:14 am

Mecca wrote:

No. They're still a wildcard team. Girardi is a top flight manager that consistently gets the most out of young players.

Just make the playoffs and ill call the season a success.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#5146 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:16 am

I like Girardi but come on gotta put Austin in to PH at least for experience, or ben PH Ellsbury.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#5147 » by nyJnyKnyY » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:17 am

blue and orange wrote:
Mecca wrote:

But why? This team wasn't supposed to be in the playoffs, they are overachieving. This season is a great sign of what is to come. No need to stress about making the playoffs, when playoffs is the absolute best case scenario when the team was not expected to be there in the first place. Despite the second half skid, this team is showing tons of promise from the youngens and are set up for a better year and more moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GIMME_DATT
Veteran

Post#5148 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:18 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
Mecca wrote:

But why? This team wasn't supposed to be in the playoffs, they are overachieving. This season is a great sign of what is to come. No need to stress about making the playoffs, when playoffs is the absolute best case scenario when the team was not expected to be there in the first place. Despite the second half skid, this team is showing tons of promise from the youngens and are set up for a better year and more moving forward.

Things change when that trade was bullpen. Traded Rutherford for drob basically . kahnle hasn't been good and Frazier sucks
GIMME_DATT
Veteran

Post#5149 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:19 am

Traded for gray as well they want to winn
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5150 » by nyJnyKnyY » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:21 am

GIMME_DATT wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

Things change when that trade was bullpen. Traded Rutherford for drob basically . kahnle hasn't been good and Frazier sucks

Yes I understand that. We made a push, not all moves workout. Still plenty of time in the season, but I don't get why people state they need to make the playoffs to have a successful season. Despite judges skid, his season has been over Anything we could have expected, same with hicks didi Castro sanchez torreyes sev clint to an extent. Be happy with the growth we've seen and don't be let down if we don't make the playoffs. We should be sitting pretty for many years to come

blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#5151 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Exactly I just wanna see this team make the playoffs so they can get more experience, I know this team isn't ready, maybe they need to experience heart break in the playoffs in order to be a more clutch team in the future. I know i shouldn't get my hopes up with this team this year. This is just something they gotta go through as a team.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,347

Post#5152 » by Phish Tank » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:24 am

i'll allow a teammate to deck Chapman in the jaw, fracturing it and putting him on the DL
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#5153 » by nyJnyKnyY » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:25 am

blue and orange wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

Exactly I just wanna see this team make the playoffs so they can get more experience, I know this team isn't ready, maybe they need to experience heart break in the playoffs in order to be a more clutch team in the future. I know i shouldn't get my hopes up with this team this year. This is just something they gotta go through as a team.

I get it, but just hate to see people be let down over something that was supposed to be something to be let down about, if that makes sense. Opposite end of the spectrum for instance was this years knicks team, on paper deff play offs at least, reality, terrible. It was okay to get bummed out about the outcome lol

blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#5154 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:26 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
GIMME_DATT wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:But why? This team wasn't supposed to be in the playoffs, they are overachieving. This season is a great sign of what is to come. No need to stress about making the playoffs, when playoffs is the absolute best case scenario when the team was not expected to be there in the first place. Despite the second half skid, this team is showing tons of promise from the youngens and are set up for a better year and more moving forward.

Yes I understand that. We made a push, not all moves workout. Still plenty of time in the season, but I don't get why people state they need to make the playoffs to have a successful season. Despite judges skid, his season has been over Anything we could have expected, same with hicks didi Castro sanchez torreyes sev clint to an extent. Be happy with the growth we've seen and don't be let down if we don't make the playoffs. We should be sitting pretty for many years to come

Oh make no mistake about it I'm definitely happy with the growth of this team, loses like this just suck especially against the Red Sox.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#5155 » by nyJnyKnyY » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:26 am

blue and orange wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:
GIMME_DATT wrote:Things change when that trade was bullpen. Traded Rutherford for drob basically . kahnle hasn't been good and Frazier sucks

Oh make no mistake about it I'm definitely happy with the growth of this team, loses like this just suck especially against the Red Sox.

Yes they do, **** the redsox

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#5156 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:00 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:

which is exactly why we shouldn't have traded so many prospects to win now. We should have waited a year or two. There was no need to trade any of these guys yet.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#5157 » by ccvle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:49 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:

which is exactly why we shouldn't have traded so many prospects to win now. We should have waited a year or two. There was no need to trade any of these guys yet.

Because many of those guys will probably be bust two years later. Nothing against those players but it is just the nature of prospects. Many of them don't make it to the major. As I was saying before, the yankees have a long list of holding on to young trading chips and seeing their value disappear.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#5158 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Great deal Cash...Kahnle...POS...

Thanks Joe Madden for ruining Chapman...he's damaged goods.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#5159 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:29 pm

“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#5160 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Sports GM 101 When facing heat for bad deals, blame the coach for not getting the job done.

Return to New York Knicks