ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5261 » by Polk377 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 am

All it took Sanchez to catch fire again was 1 lunch with A-Rod? Can we please get Alex here as a full time hitting coach? He has so much knowledge to pass down it would be a shame not to pass it along. They need him to really help Judge figure it out.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#5262 » by DowNY » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am

Y'all thinking too much about Judge.
He's slumping/coasting. Their eyes are on the prize (the playoffs).
This is a long season for these young dudes. Relax.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#5263 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:51 am

Polk377 wrote:All it took Sanchez to catch fire again was 1 lunch with A-Rod? Can we please get Alex here as a full time hitting coach? He has so much knowledge to pass down it would be a shame not to pass it along. They need him to really help Judge figure it out.

Idk man. Yankees kinda disrespected a rod most of his tenure here. If I am A rod I don't offer my services to them.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#5264 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:All it took Sanchez to catch fire again was 1 lunch with A-Rod? Can we please get Alex here as a full time hitting coach? He has so much knowledge to pass down it would be a shame not to pass it along. They need him to really help Judge figure it out.

Idk man. Yankees kinda disrespected a rod most of his tenure here. If I am A rod I don't offer my services to them.

Arod likes to keep his connection to baseball, so I think he'll continue to be a special consultant with the Yankees going forward.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#5265 » by F N 11 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Judge will be ok. He has a lot to live up to. hitting 40 home runs is a good season. He's trying to hit 50 and dominate like the first half but he has to eye pitches better like he did last night.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#5266 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Sanchez's stats right now, over 2 seasons, are about what you'd see for a full season for a MLB catcher.
146 games, 46 HR, 111 RBI's, .280 BA

Yanks have a solid future with Judge and Sanchez and more on the way. I still think they need that prototype #3 hitter in front of them.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#5267 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Please, it's San-chize! ;)
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#5268 » by Jstarks3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:06 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Sanchez's stats right now, over 2 seasons, are about what you'd see for a full season for a MLB catcher.

Yanks have a solid future with Judge and Sanchez and more on the way. I still think they need that prototype #3 hitter in front of them.

greg bird? dude is hitting near .500 in AAA.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#5269 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:09 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Sanchez's stats right now, over 2 seasons, are about what you'd see for a full season for a MLB catcher.

Please let me know what other CATCHER is putting up those numbers in a season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#5270 » by Polk377 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:53 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:

Please let me know what other CATCHER is putting up those numbers in a season...

None as far as the power goes since Mike Piazza. Salvador Perez is probably the closest when it comes to power numbers today. Posey is the best when it comes to pure hitting today.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#5271 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:02 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:

Not many. Historically? Johnny Bench. Roy Campanella. Mike Piazza? But that is mentioning a couple of HOF catchers in their best or few best seasons.

My point was that Sanchez has put up elite level stats in what would be, if you added two halves together, approximately the number of games a guy who catches, plays.

I didn't type up the initial statement the right way. It should have read like "Sanchez's stats, at the number of games that would make up a full season for a catcher, are this:"
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#5272 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 pm

He needs to take the whole roster out to lunch...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Post#5273 » by Papi_swav » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:

You think he can help Chapsman too ?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#5274 » by Phish Tank » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
BadNewsBarnes wrote:

You think he can help Chapsman too ?

Nah, he's too busy:

nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#5275 » by nyJnyKnyY » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:03 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:

Not many. Historically? Johnny Bench. Roy Campanella. Mike Piazza? But that is mentioning a couple of HOF catchers in their best or few best seasons.

My point was that Sanchez has put up elite level stats in what would be, if you added two halves together, approximately the number of games a guy who catches, plays.

I didn't type up the initial statement the right way. It should have read like "Sanchez's stats, at the number of games that would make up a full season for a catcher, are this:"

Got it! lol I was like I'm not trying to be an ****, but please let me know what father has those numbers. All gravy my man

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#5276 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:Please let me know what other CATCHER is putting up those numbers in a season...

Got it! lol I was like I'm not trying to be an ****, but please let me know what father has those numbers. All gravy my man

I hear you. Hey, if a guy can call an average game, field the position and have an average arm and hit 20 HR and bat in 80 from catcher, that is already ahead of the game.

Haven't heard that Sanchez calls a bad game. We know he needs some work fielding (passed balls etc) but has a very good arm. And he's hitting a ton.

I'm beyond happy. Yanks have been blessed in franchise history of having a bunch of good/very good and great catchers.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#5277 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:50 am

Small sample size, but I wonder if Sanchez is going to be a guy who tears it up 2nd half. So far, it's true. Not that his first half was any bad, but he was on fire last year at this time and is again.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#5278 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:22 am

Yankees padding their stats against Detroit pitching.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#5279 » by Mecca » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:04 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Small sample size, but I wonder if Sanchez is going to be a guy who tears it up 2nd half. So far, it's true. Not that his first half was any bad, but he was on fire last year at this time and is again.

Gary is going to finish with 32-35 HR's and 90 RBI's in 100 games. Unreal. And people on this board were questioning if he had enough as a hitter to be a full time DH.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#5280 » by Phish Tank » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:24 am

Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Small sample size, but I wonder if Sanchez is going to be a guy who tears it up 2nd half. So far, it's true. Not that his first half was any bad, but he was on fire last year at this time and is again.

Gary is going to finish with 32-35 HR's and 90 RBI's in 100 games. Unreal. And people on this board were questioning if he had enough as a hitter to be a full time DH.

His arm's the only thing that's preventing him from being a full-time DH. If his arm was similar to Posada's, he wouldn't be catching. But the team really thinks he can cut down on the passed balls (he should over the next two years) and his arm is pretty much in the upper echelon. He'll end up DHing about 20% (at most) of the games next year in my honest opinion.

Return to New York Knicks