ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5621 » by K P 6 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:04 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:I still very much believe this team can go far, just need to get our bullpen right.

Betances has been struggling his ass off, 4 out of his last 5 outings he has given up at least 1 run. I cant say I trust him with a 1 run lead in the playoffs. Chapman has been better, but I also cant trust him. We need these guys to finish off the season extremely strong. Our bullpen can potentially lead us deep into a postseason run.

Our offense has been much better as of late too. We only have 3 true road games left for the rest of the season, need to get to work and do some damage at home. Still think we can win the division. But then again, every time I start to believe we can take the division, the Yankees turn around and lose in spectacular fashion. Gotta be more CONSISTENT!

Thank God we have Robertson and Green. Betances needs to get it right. Joe is not afraid to go with guys who are on.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
ccvle
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,804
And1: 360
Joined: Aug 03, 2002

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5622 » by ccvle » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Just wondering, how did Chapman netted us the #2 prospect in Torres while Miller got us the 20ish ranked prospect in Frazer and I think Sheffield was outside of top 50. Wasnt Miller was regarded as the better than Chapman and not a rental ?
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 15,958
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5623 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 pm

ccvle wrote:Just wondering, how did Chapman netted us the #2 prospect in Torres while Miller got us the 20ish ranked prospect in Frazer and I think Sheffield was outside of top 50. Wasnt Miller was regarded as the better than Chapman and not a rental ?


Chapman was #1 closer in all of baseball. He helped them win a world series. So kind of worth it. Both players got to the world series so both teams kind of made good trades.
Timberwolves:13
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen
PF: Love/Gay/Young/TJ Leaf/Anunoby/Dwill
SF: T.Young/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby/Dwill
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson/Afflalo/Stuckey
PG: Schroder/Tyler Johnson/Exum/Stuckey
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,344
And1: 5,374
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5624 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:28 pm

Hope I'm wrong but Bird is looking more and more like the next Nick Johnson instead of a cornerstone.
A new era or error?
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 89,777
And1: 15,995
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5625 » by moocow007 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:47 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Hope I'm wrong but Bird is looking more and more like the next Nick Johnson instead of a cornerstone.


He looks toasted yeah. Like a guy that has had too much of something sucked out of him. Not looking good right now. The good thing is that 1B is probably the easiest position to fill next to DH. If he continues to struggle they should just play Headley there regularly. Or try Austin. Austin isn't the most talented guy but he always plays with so much energy and emotion that I think it rubs off on the rest of the team. Birds like the guy who's girlfriend just dumped him and he's moping around in the dumps and dragging everyone down.
BAF 1.0 - Celtics
1.James Harden|Lance Stephenson|DJ Augustin
2.Tony Allen|Alec Burks
3.Stanley Johnson|Dante Cunningham
4.Blake Griffin|Quincy Acy|Tony Bradley
5.Andre Drummond|Cristiano Felicio|Andrew Bogut
x.Ike Anigbogu,Jordan Crawford
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,166
And1: 1,416
Joined: Aug 15, 2005
Location: Virginia

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5626 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 am

Nice 5-1 win tonight.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 15,958
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5627 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:18 am

moocow007 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Hope I'm wrong but Bird is looking more and more like the next Nick Johnson instead of a cornerstone.


He looks toasted yeah. Like a guy that has had too much of something sucked out of him. Not looking good right now. The good thing is that 1B is probably the easiest position to fill next to DH. If he continues to struggle they should just play Headley there regularly. Or try Austin. Austin isn't the most talented guy but he always plays with so much energy and emotion that I think it rubs off on the rest of the team. Birds like the guy who's girlfriend just dumped him and he's moping around in the dumps and dragging everyone down.


I liked that big Asian dude we called up. He was fun to watch. Idk how his defense is though.
Timberwolves:13
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen
PF: Love/Gay/Young/TJ Leaf/Anunoby/Dwill
SF: T.Young/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby/Dwill
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson/Afflalo/Stuckey
PG: Schroder/Tyler Johnson/Exum/Stuckey
blue and orange
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,663
And1: 146
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5628 » by blue and orange » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 am

Do not waste this gem from Sonny Gray come on.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,166
And1: 1,416
Joined: Aug 15, 2005
Location: Virginia

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5629 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:57 am

blue and orange wrote:Do not waste this gem from Sonny Gray come on.


Wasted.
User avatar
BadNewsBarnes
Starter
Posts: 2,340
And1: 813
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5630 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:45 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
blue and orange wrote:Do not waste this gem from Sonny Gray come on.


Wasted.

smh
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,166
And1: 1,416
Joined: Aug 15, 2005
Location: Virginia

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5631 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Shohei Otani is reportedly ready to come to the majors.

According to reports Tuesday, the highly coveted Japanese two-way star has decided not to wait until he turns 25, when he could sign for significantly more money, and instead make himself available this offseason.

And his Japanese team, the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters, are expected to post him if he requests it. Hokkaido would get $20 million from whatever major league team signs him.


Sign him Cashman! Remember being outbid by the Red Sox for Yoan Moncada.


http://nypost.com/2017/09/13/japanese-two-way-superstar-coming-to-majors/
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5632 » by K P 6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:18 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
blue and orange wrote:Do not waste this gem from Sonny Gray come on.


Wasted.

smh

once again yankees fail to produce some runs.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
BadNewsBarnes
Starter
Posts: 2,340
And1: 813
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
       

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5633 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Shohei Otani is reportedly ready to come to the majors.

According to reports Tuesday, the highly coveted Japanese two-way star has decided not to wait until he turns 25, when he could sign for significantly more money, and instead make himself available this offseason.

And his Japanese team, the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters, are expected to post him if he requests it. Hokkaido would get $20 million from whatever major league team signs him.


Sign him Cashman! Remember being outbid by the Red Sox for Yoan Moncada.


http://nypost.com/2017/09/13/japanese-two-way-superstar-coming-to-majors/


Babe Ruth 2.0...gotta sign this guy....
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5634 » by K P 6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:29 pm

andddddddddddddd Betances is trash! He will lose his job to Roberson at this rate.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5635 » by K P 6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Yankees could never score with runners in scoring position lol. sad
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 11,838
And1: 4,983
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5636 » by Phish Tank » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 pm

K P 6 wrote:Yankees could never score with runners in scoring position lol. sad


strangest mental block I've ever seen. Before or after a player joins the Yankees, they're great with RISP.
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: DeAaron Fox/Jeremy Lin/Langston Galloway
SG: Dion Waiters/Wesley Matthews/Malcolm Delaney
SF: Ill Will/Snell/Derrick Jones
PF: Julius Randle/Ivan Rabb/Thomas Bryant
C: Nikola Vucevic/Willy Hernangomez/Edy Tavares
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5637 » by K P 6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:43 pm

lmao some hitters I tell ya. I'll be shocked if not scoring a run there dont come back to haunt us.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5638 » by K P 6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Chapman is back. Green, Roberson, and Chapman would be my go to. Kahnle and Betances early innings.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 16,782
And1: 9,440
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5639 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Chad Green is the man. He's pitching like some young Rivera/Mendoza clone.
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 31,354
And1: 9,801
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5640 » by K P 6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Im going to give Garcia props for not getting destroyed
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him

Return to New York Knicks