ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,300

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#7721 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:51 am

Lets go!!!!!!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#7722 » by Marty McFly » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:23 am

worst part about the ohtani thing is there's probably an even more minuscule chance trout ever becomes a Yankee. It would have been nice seeing the second coming of mantle in a yankee uniform.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#7723 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:25 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Read on Twitter

not surprising though.

However, I'd prefer this to drag until February. Make Jeter concede his requests

We have the leverage in this deal not the Marlins. Miami is desperate to shed payroll. There's a analogy to Stanton picking 4 teams and Melo picking 2 or 3. Knicks didn't have leverage either and was lucky to get Nez and McBuckets instead of Ruffles.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#7724 » by Papi_swav » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:40 am

It's looking like a go ! Oh my god I can't believe it ! We have to get this done tonight before any team try to swoop in . These guys will both hit 60 HRs
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#7725 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:33 am

Hmmm
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,823

Post#7726 » by Rich Rane » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:36 am

I'm guessing this takes the Yanks out of the running for Bryce Harper next offseason.

A 2-3-4 of Judge, Harper, and Stanton would be ridiculous though.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#7727 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:39 am

The hot stove is burning.

Got me refreshing my twitter account every few minutes and following all knowledgeable baseball insiders.

I get the feeling it will happen sooner rather than later. For the Yankees, seems kind of a no brainer if they can still get under the lux tax while still keeping the top level prospects.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
bkzfinest11
Rookie
And1: 244

Post#7728 » by bkzfinest11 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:46 am

Rich Rane wrote:I'm guessing this takes the Yanks out of the running for Bryce Harper next offseason.

only worry for me is Stanton gets hurt, and Harper as well.

but on the other hand, stanton might be cheaper then Manny Machado. <-- baltimore wants players before he leaves them for nothing.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#7729 » by awy » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:01 am

marlins group has a cashflow problem from the looks of it so taking on significant short term payroll is just not going to happen for them.

yankees however could try to trade ells to another team along woth prospects to sweeten.

bye clint, fix ya swing eh
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,355

Post#7730 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:05 pm

So what do the Yankees do when Judge performs as well or better than Stanton and is up for a new contract in a few years?

I guess have to the top two or two of the top 4 paid players in all of baseball? Because I'm sure Judge's agent would push for him to be paid like his teammate Stanton, if Stanton becomes a Yank (which he won't)

Stanton to Dodgers. Yanks don't want to spend. Marlins won't take on salary. Dodgers don't care how much they spend (they are the old Yankees)
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#7731 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:06 pm

Yanks are getting Stanton like they were getting Otani.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,196

Post#7732 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:So what do the Yankees do when Judge performs as well or better than Stanton and is up for a new contract in a few years?

I guess have to the top two or two of the top 4 paid players in all of baseball? Because I'm sure Judge's agent would push for him to be paid like his teammate Stanton, if Stanton becomes a Yank (which he won't)

Stanton to Dodgers. Yanks don't want to spend. Marlins won't take on salary. Dodgers don't care how much they spend (they are the old Yankees)

Stanton's contract is going to be fine. In a year, some people are predicting Harper to be the $400 million dollar man. The next offseason is gonna reset what the market will be. When Judge becomes an FA, he's gonna look for bigger numbers in comparison with the next FA group. Regardless of who is next to him, if Judge remains a star, he's gonna get paid.

The bigger issue is that Stanton has an opt-out, I think. So he opts out, gets paid handsomely by us, or goes somewhere else. Or he stays because his production decreases and he decides to opt in.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#7733 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:42 pm

knicksh20b wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So what do the Yankees do when Judge performs as well or better than Stanton and is up for a new contract in a few years?

Stanton's contract is going to be fine. In a year, some people are predicting Harper to be the $400 million dollar man. The next offseason is gonna reset what the market will be. When Judge becomes an FA, he's gonna look for bigger numbers in comparison with the next FA group. Regardless of who is next to him, if Judge remains a star, he's gonna get paid.

The bigger issue is that Stanton has an opt-out, I think. So he opts out, gets paid handsomely by us, or goes somewhere else. Or he stays because his production decreases and he decides to opt in.

It's fine relative to amount per year, sort of. Another issue is he's signed for 10 more years. Age 27 to 37. The first 5 years should be ok - maybe. The next 5? Maybe not. Probably not.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#7734 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:06 pm

Rich Rane wrote:I'm guessing this takes the Yanks out of the running for Bryce Harper next offseason.

Maybe that’s the plan :0
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#7735 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:17 pm

Read on Twitter

WOW
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#7736 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:21 pm

Waking up to some amazing news. Really curious on the particulars of this deal.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#7737 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:22 pm

A lot of people going to need to get paid.
Obi-One
Analyst
And1: 1,963

Post#7738 » by Obi-One » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:24 pm

The evil empire is back! 8-)
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach

Post#7739 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:25 pm

A trade for Giancarlo Stanton seems imminent for the Yankees after word broke late on Friday that the team was making an aggressive push for the National League MVP. Joel Sherman reports that the deal is “virtually done” at almost 4 in the morning on the east coast.

The Marlins are expected to take on Starlin Castro, as well as a couple of “good, not top prospects,” according to Sherman. That package is likely to offset the salary the Yankees would be trying to unload onto Miami in the form of Castro.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2017/12/9/16755500/yankees-trade-rumors-giancarlo-stanton-marlins-starlin-castro
Obi-One
Analyst
And1: 1,963

Post#7740 » by Obi-One » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:26 pm

If Castro and Headley are both shipped, i’m guessing we bring back the toddfather and call up torres?

Return to New York Knicks